An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can I aska question?

Catholictothecore

Catholictothecore

all the sexual threads lately? I understant that this is the news board, but it's like, every single time I log on theres a different thread about some sexual-oriented study or imorral instruction. I don't mind reading it, cause it lets me know what to pray for. But....it is starting to get annoying.

I'm saying....I understand this is the news board, but aren't their certain things that just don't need to be said?

Catholictothecore

Yeah....by and large, the news stories aren't needed, I think. We know that their needs to be prayers in this area. We pray. I'm just....a little sick of em right now.

The news doesn't treat sexuality with any more respect then the schools do.

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote]The news doesn't treat sexuality with any more respect then the schools do.[/quote]

true dat

cmotherofpirl

Yes but we do treat sexuality with respect here because it is a gift from God.
Here you hear Catholic teaching. :)

the days when discussion of such things could be kept out of the public view for fear of scandal are over. Pandora's box has been opened, and now we must not be afraid to present the TRUE side of it lest the false side dominate the public discussion.

Catholictothecore

ok. Sorry for griping, it just is....not entirely comfortable for me. Forgive me, I don't mean to be a nusiance.

KizlarAgha

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='May 28 2005, 06:51 PM'] ok. Sorry for griping, it just is....not entirely comfortable for me. Forgive me, I don't mean to be a nusiance. [/quote]
Well I think sex is gross and genitals are revolting under any circumstances. But these are current issues which need to be dealt with.

Catholictothecore

I don't find it gross, but then, depends on your age and status, I guess.

It's like, in a Court of Law, you can't mention certain body parts. You can make reference to them, but not specifically mention them. That's...I don't know, perhaps a bit of editing before posting, not straight from the news source?

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='May 28 2005, 07:09 PM'] It's like, in a Court of Law, you can't mention certain body parts. You can make reference to them, but not specifically mention them. [/quote]
:huh: huh?

[quote name='Catholictothecore' date='May 28 2005, 07:09 PM'] I don't find it gross, but then, depends on your age and status, I guess.

It's like, in a Court of Law, you can't mention certain body parts. You can make reference to them, but not specifically mention them. That's...I don't know, perhaps a bit of editing before posting, not straight from the news source? [/quote]
You mean like the penis and the vagina? Oh dear, we weren't allowed to use those words in primary school, cause they were considered [i]evil[/i], but cmon guys... aren't we all supposed to be adults here? :o Aren't we all supposed to be all grown up and mature? :o Isn't this what God wanted for us??? :o Get with the times dude.

i understand your concern; however, agreeing with what Cmom, etc have already said, these are important issues and as long as they are discussed appropriately then there is no scandal. if you feel uncomfortable, then simply avoid reading the thread, they are (almost always) very clearly labeled. -_-