KizlarAgha Posted May 29, 2005 Author Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='SarahB' date='May 29 2005, 06:20 PM'] I'm being totally honest when I say this, but I wish we would all go back to wearing clothes like they did in the first century. The long "dresses"(I'm sure there's a technical term for them) and the head coverings, etc. Maybe I'm crazy....or maybe I should just go be a nun and get it over with. [/quote] You don't have to dress immodestly to be a girl. Though I tell you, long skirts and dresses are not all that practical. Still, if you go that route, be prepared to be asked if you're a nun all the time. I didn't even wear a head covering and I got that every five minutes.
KizlarAgha Posted May 29, 2005 Author Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='May 29 2005, 06:20 PM'] Sadly I don't feel I have the legs for tunics.. And they'd probably make me wear a tie anyway! [/quote] You have the legs for it! Boy legs have better definition most of the time so they look prettier. Well, except the gross hair but you can shave that.
lil bull 04 Posted May 29, 2005 Posted May 29, 2005 As for me I prefer military style. When we are in BDU's (aka cammies to you OORAH! fans...okay so I'm marrying an OORAH!) they are the same for the males as they are the females. Our Dress uniforms are about the only thing different. Females have a choice of pants and skirts. But out pants are no different than the males and it bothers me because the crotch is too long. I'd much rather wear a skirt. The other thing that is different is the tie. Females have this stupid looking thing and the males have this long tie that could be used to strangle them. I agree ties are pointless.
KizlarAgha Posted May 29, 2005 Author Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='lil bull 04' date='May 29 2005, 06:22 PM'] As for me I prefer military style. When we are in BDU's (aka cammies to you OORAH! fans...okay so I'm marrying an OORAH!) they are the same for the males as they are the females. Our Dress uniforms are about the only thing different. Females have a choice of pants and skirts. But out pants are no different than the males and it bothers me because the crotch is too long. I'd much rather wear a skirt. The other thing that is different is the tie. Females have this stupid looking thing and the males have this long tie that could be used to strangle them. I agree ties are pointless. [/quote] BDU's are okay, but not particularly figure flattering lol.
picchick Posted May 29, 2005 Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='May 29 2005, 05:28 PM'] Not at all. Different things have different emphasis and need to be covered differently. Additionally, women have better heating around the womb and get colder limbs, while men are naturally warmer all around. [/quote] DOES ANYONE WANT TO KNOW THE PHYSIOLOGY BEHIND THIS??????? :D:D IN GETTING A B IN HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY I CAN TELL YOU ALL!!!! Meg
KizlarAgha Posted May 29, 2005 Author Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='picchick' date='May 29 2005, 06:25 PM'] DOES ANYONE WANT TO KNOW THE PHYSIOLOGY BEHIND THIS??????? :D:D IN GETTING A B IN HUMAN PHYSIOLOGY I CAN TELL YOU ALL!!!! Meg [/quote] Sure! As long as its not the blood vessel thing I talked about.
let_go_let_God Posted May 29, 2005 Posted May 29, 2005 I don't know about most women, but I hate dresses. I have really only liked wearing one when I was at prom and snowball. That was one night I didn't mind, that and probably my wedding day. I also love my hoodies. God bless- LGLG
KizlarAgha Posted May 29, 2005 Author Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='let_go_let_God' date='May 29 2005, 06:29 PM'] I don't know about most women, but I hate dresses. I have really only liked wearing one when I was at prom and snowball. That was one night I didn't mind, that and probably my wedding day. I also love my hoodies. God bless- LGLG [/quote] I love skirts and dresses. I think women wearing pants is an instrument of the devil himself because pants represent horrible evil oppression and should be burned on sight.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 29, 2005 Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 29 2005, 07:30 PM'] I love skirts and dresses. I think women wearing pants is an instrument of the devil himself because pants represent horrible evil oppression and should be burned on sight. [/quote] You know, I don't see how pants represent oppression.
KizlarAgha Posted May 29, 2005 Author Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='May 29 2005, 06:32 PM'] You know, I don't see how pants represent oppression. [/quote] Well....ummmm....you see.....I'll tell you later...
let_go_let_God Posted May 29, 2005 Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 29 2005, 06:30 PM'] I love skirts and dresses. I think women wearing pants is an instrument of the devil himself because pants represent horrible evil oppression and should be burned on sight. [/quote] I don't see how pants are opressing, I could see it for men (we won't go there) but not for women. I rock climb and I know I could not do it in a skirt but pants allow women to do more with out showing what should not be seen. God bless- LGLG
Jaime Posted May 29, 2005 Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 29 2005, 06:30 PM'] I love skirts and dresses. I think women wearing pants is an instrument of the devil himself because pants represent horrible evil oppression and should be burned on sight. [/quote] Hold on a sec... You think that we should dress the same You think pants are of the devil (leaving only skirts and dresses ) You mock Micah for wanting to wear a dress. I'm confused
KizlarAgha Posted May 29, 2005 Author Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='let_go_let_God' date='May 29 2005, 06:39 PM'] I don't see how pants are opressing, I could see it for men (we won't go there) but not for women. I rock climb and I know I could not do it in a skirt but pants allow women to do more with out showing what should not be seen. God bless- LGLG [/quote] lol Don't mind me...I'm not sane...
KizlarAgha Posted May 29, 2005 Author Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='May 29 2005, 06:40 PM'] Hold on a sec... You think that we should dress the same You think pants are of the devil (leaving only skirts and dresses ) You mock Micah for wanting to wear a dress. I'm confused [/quote] No. I think it's weird that everyone accepts gender norms in our society. I think it's funny that Micah defends them as natural and then wants to wear what amounts to a dress for priests. I think pants are of the devil because of what they have societally represented to me.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 29, 2005 Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='May 29 2005, 07:40 PM'] Hold on a sec... You think that we should dress the same You think pants are of the devil (leaving only skirts and dresses ) You mock Micah for wanting to wear a dress. I'm confused [/quote] When did I ever say I want to wear a dress?
KizlarAgha Posted May 29, 2005 Author Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='Raphael' date='May 29 2005, 06:42 PM'] When did I ever say I want to wear a dress? [/quote] A cassock is a dress.
Jaime Posted May 29, 2005 Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 29 2005, 06:41 PM'] No. I think it's weird that everyone accepts gender norms in our society. I think it's funny that Micah defends them as natural and then wants to wear what amounts to a dress for priests. I think pants are of the devil because of what they have societally represented to me. [/quote] Ok I got it now Wait Yup its gone I'm confused again
let_go_let_God Posted May 29, 2005 Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 29 2005, 06:40 PM'] lol Don't mind me...I'm not sane... [/quote] Don't worry, I don't think anyone here is, including me. God bless- LGLG
Thy Geekdom Come Posted May 29, 2005 Posted May 29, 2005 [quote name='KizlarAgha' date='May 29 2005, 07:43 PM'] A cassock is a dress. [/quote] A cassock is a tunic. A tunic is no more of a dress than a kilt is.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now