An Old School Catholic Message Board

Abortion is funny?

KobeScott8

KobeScott8

Okay so a week or so ago I told you guys about how the workers at my work were all for abortion. MC JUST sent me to a website with some horrible pictures of abortions. So I went and showed them, and I would have never expected this-

:o They laughed. They thought it was funni. They were like look at this one, it's head is all punctured.

I was so angry, I mean how can a person laugh at something like that reguardless of their beliefs? Are all non-catholics who believe in abortion that way???

Myles Domini

[quote] They laughed. They thought it was funni. They were like look at this one, it's head is all [b]punctured[/b].[/quote]

Impossible :( :o

toledo_jesus

they are just denying to themselves what is really in those pictures. If they admit what they are looking at is horrible then they 'lose'. They also might start crying.

I like the libearls who believe in God and say there cannot be a hell. I think they might wake up one day with a warm surprise.

When I hear of things like that, people laughing at horrors of the likes, I am reminded that hell does exist.

Kobe, I pray for you, and I pray for justice.

For a final argument to them, I saw a bumper sticker that I really lilked that said:
"Thank your parents for not believe in abortion.".

Some simple phrases sometimes says it all!

Edited by Didacus

they were laughing?
If I was you, I would have laughed with them. Then, in total Christian charity, asked if they wanted more comedy and kindly threaten to make them look even worse than the pictures. Now THAT would have been funny!
:blink:

Paphnutius

Sometimes when people are presented with something that they cannot handel on their own they resort to defense measures to try to brush things off. Not sure if that is what they were doing, but perhaps that is how one was only able to handle something like that then the others followed suit. Sometimes laughter is one's only defense.

Edited by Paphnutius

franciscanheart

Sometimes I wish I was able to be a ghost and follow people around so that I could see what they went through later. They might have laughed then but I wonder what happend when no one was looking.

[quote name='KobeScott8' date='May 30 2005, 12:04 PM'] Okay so a week or so ago I told you guys about how the workers at my work were all for abortion. MC JUST sent me to a website with some horrible pictures of abortions. So I went and showed them, and I would have never expected this-

:o They laughed. They thought it was funni. They were like look at this one, it's head is all punctured.

I was so angry, I mean how can a person laugh at something like that reguardless of their beliefs? Are all non-catholics who believe in abortion that way??? [/quote]
I would bet that they tortured small animals also... they're the Jeffery Dohmer type.

[b]Romans 1:28 [/b]
And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God handed them over to their undiscerning mind to do what is improper.
[b]29 [/b]They are filled with every form of wickedness, evil, greed, and malice; full of envy, murder, rivalry, treachery, and spite. They are gossips
[b]30 [/b]and scandalmongers and they hate God. They are insolent, haughty, boastful, ingenious in their wickedness, and rebellious toward their parents.
[b]31 [/b]They are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
[b]32 [/b]Although they know the just decree of God that all who practice such things deserve death, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

God Bless,
ironmonk

[quote name='KobeScott8' date='May 30 2005, 11:04 AM'] :o They laughed. They thought it was funni. They were like look at this one, it's head is all punctured. [/quote]
Wow. That's a new low.

Edited by Qoheleth

How can you fight something like that? If people will not be moved by images of mutilated children, what will move them? It's terrifying, really--people who can not be touched by appeals to common humanity.

[quote name='Kilroy the Ninja' date='May 30 2005, 11:06 AM'] Pray for the people you work with. They have serious issues. [/quote]
Amen.

[quote name='KobeScott8']Are all non-catholics who believe in abortion that way???[/quote]

Images like that used to shock me and I hated looking at them, but in time I think I've become sort of numb about them. Like butcher looking at butchered animals. I don't understand the laughing, but I am somewhat serious and boring like that.

Images of brain surgery would look gross too, but that doesn't mean anything.