Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 [img]http://www.lyptonvillage.org/gallery/albums/u2gallery/399u2_l8.jpg[/img] BONO
KizlarAgha Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 Are you not supposed to wear it? I used to wear mine as a necklace...then for awhile I wrapped it around my wrist...but the dangly cross was annoying. So now I use Muslim prayer beads.
toledo_jesus Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 goodness gracious no. tacky, for one. also, it's a tool, not jewelry.
picchick Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 No. Use it as a sacramental....not as a piece of jewerly.
kateri05 Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 is that bono wearing a rosary as a necklace AND smoking? what a HORRIBLE example!
toledo_jesus Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 has Bono ever been a good example? except of course when it comes to the poor in Africa or whatever he's says he staying in music for.
Fidei Defensor Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 Not only is it a tool, but its a spiritual weapon.
KizlarAgha Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 Ok. So what do you do with your rosary when you aren't using it?? I wear muslim prayer beads on my wrist so I can pray whenever I feel like it. How would I do that with a rosary without wearing it?
iggy Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 you put it in a pouch in your pocket... I personally put it in with my Bible in my Bible case, and i carry my Bible around most of the time.
kateri05 Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 oh kiz, dude, they have sweet rosary chaplets that ARE bracelets so that you could pray it. its made for wearing, not as a fashion statement but as a convience prayer tool. also rosary rings and keychains!
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted May 31, 2005 Author Posted May 31, 2005 [quote] Ok. So what do you do with your rosary when you aren't using it?? I wear muslim prayer beads on my wrist so I can pray whenever I feel like it. How would I do that with a rosary without wearing it? [/quote] are you Catholic, A Mohamedist, or a Orthodox?
KizlarAgha Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 [quote name='kateri05' date='May 31 2005, 05:44 PM'] oh kiz, dude, they have sweet rosary chaplets that ARE bracelets so that you could pray it. its made for wearing, not as a fashion statement but as a convience prayer tool. also rosary rings and keychains! [/quote] Eh...I like my muslim beads....they're beautiful rosewood...
KizlarAgha Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='May 31 2005, 05:45 PM'] are you Catholic, A Mohamedist, or a Orthodox? [/quote] A cradle Catholic who almost converted to Orthodoxy on the way back to the Church and who studies Medieval Islam and loves Muslim stuff.
HomeTeamFamily Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 i saw derick from the RR/RW challenge (back off, its my guilty pleasure lol) wearing one.....i think its tacky and the people who do it, it seems like do it for the attention rather than a sign of faith
Dreamweaver Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 The rosary, as beautiful as they are, are a tool to be while praying. They weren't designed to be mere necklaces. However, there are rosary necklaces and bracelets that are designed to be prayed on as well. AFAIK, the only difference is that they have clasps so they fit better and are easier to take off/on.
toledo_jesus Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 hey, if your wits are good enough you don't even need the beads. just do it in your head. the rings are pretty neat.
lil bull 04 Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 i know i as well as some of my fellow soldiers do wear our rosaries as necklaces only because it makes it easier for us to find when we want to pray and also it reminds us that Jesus is always there no matter how bad things get.
KizlarAgha Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 [quote name='lil bull 04' date='May 31 2005, 05:58 PM'] i know i as well as some of my fellow soldiers do wear our rosaries as necklaces only because it makes it easier for us to find when we want to pray and also it reminds us that Jesus is always there no matter how bad things get. [/quote] Yup. There's nothing wrong with it. Rosaries are just one kind of chaplet and chaplets are just prayer beads. You can wear prayer beads however you please.
Old_Joe Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 You could just count Hail Mary's on your fingers. That's what I do when I forget my Rosary at home.
KizlarAgha Posted May 31, 2005 Posted May 31, 2005 So the rosary is pointless. Therefore, wearing it around is fine.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now