An Old School Catholic Message Board

dangit, there's nothing like Chinese bowls

Dudette

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='Jun 2 2005, 09:52 PM'] My favorite thing is how the silly westerners don't know that they're supposed to just pick up the bowl and shovel.

:P [/quote]
I KNOW! Rice is the question always asked and I'm like "ok, don't give me weird looks, but this is how you do it!" Hahaha, so funny. :lol:

KizlarAgha

[quote name='Dudette' date='Jun 2 2005, 07:59 PM'] I KNOW! Rice is the question always asked and I'm like "ok, don't give me weird looks, but this is how you do it!" Hahaha, so funny. :lol: [/quote]
I love eating like that, becuase it works so well and rice is so tasty. Living with Chinese guys for three years got me really really good with chopsticks. Sometimes I like them better than forks and spoons.

I don't even know how to eat rice without chopsticks. When my mom gives me a fork I look really confused and spill all over myself.

yeah, you have to use chopsticks and a bowl, though... my mom gives me rice on a plate for use with my chopsticks :unsure: keeps things interesting.

KizlarAgha

[quote name='iggy' date='Jun 2 2005, 09:55 PM'] yeah, you have to use chopsticks and a bowl, though... my mom gives me rice on a plate for use with my chopsticks :unsure: keeps things interesting. [/quote]
You can do that pretty easily if it's white rice - that's sticky enough. It's a problem if it's like fried rice or rice-a-roni or something.

KizlarAgha

[quote name='iggy' date='Jun 2 2005, 10:18 PM'] it was rice-a-roni :P [/quote]
:lol:

Well...yeah...that's a bit irritating. But for me, it's still less mess than giving me rice and a fork. I've been indoctrinated into chopstick eating.

KizlarAgha

[quote name='iggy' date='Jun 2 2005, 10:37 PM'] My parents met in Japan, so all of us kids have been using chopsticks since we were pretty young. [/quote]
Right on. And despite my professed dislike for Japan, I've started a Japanese thread. Feel free to drop in.

I dont' think i can do that... sorry!

p.s. i think there should be a smilie with the code :hehe: that looks all diobolical and stuff.

oh, i guess there is one that goes : hehe: and looks diobolical and stuff, only i think it should be worse than that.

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='Jun 2 2005, 10:22 PM'] I love eating like that, becuase it works so well and rice is so tasty. Living with Chinese guys for three years got me really really good with chopsticks. Sometimes I like them better than forks and spoons.

I don't even know how to eat rice without chopsticks. When my mom gives me a fork I look really confused and spill all over myself. [/quote]
yeah! If I had a choice, I wouldn't eat with forks and knives, it's so annoying washing them. But....haha, some western food isn't meant to be eaten with chopsticks. so.