Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Jesus Christ a woman?


Recommended Posts

Posted

they're gender neutral. gender neutral things appear in the masculine. it makes sense.

maybe you're just too drunk to understand :P

or maybe I'm crazy stupid and don't know what the heck I'm talking about.

either way it doesn't matter, in substance they're gender neutral, and angels are depicted as beautiful without any real gender identifying features. they shouldn't be portrayed as females because they would be identifying a gender, but they could be portrayted as fairly quoteunquote masculine with beautiful qualities and youthful appearance.

KizlarAgha
Posted

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jun 4 2005, 12:50 AM'] they're gender neutral. gender neutral things appear in the masculine. it makes sense.

maybe you're just too drunk to understand :P

or maybe I'm crazy stupid and don't know what the heck I'm talking about.

either way it doesn't matter, in substance they're gender neutral, and angels are depicted as beautiful without any real gender identifying features. they shouldn't be portrayed as females because they would be identifying a gender, but they could be portrayted as fairly quoteunquote masculine with beautiful qualities and youthful appearance. [/quote]
Well whatever. They aren't men or women. I think they're eunuchs based on eastern tradition.

And FYI I only had 2 beers. However the pills are another matter.

But, yes, I think maybe I just don't quite get the theological basis you're explaining. Either way, we can agree that portraying them as fully men or fully women is wrong and bad and not pretty.

Posted

oh, and obviously Jesus Christ was a God-MAN :cool:

KizlarAgha
Posted

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jun 4 2005, 12:53 AM'] oh, and obviously Jesus Christ was a God-MAN :cool: [/quote]
Yes. Jesus is totally a man. This woman stuff is ridiculous and kind of insulting to women.

Ave Maria Totus Tuus
Posted

That timecube thing is nuts...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...