An Old School Catholic Message Board

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise

FiZzGiG

1337 k4th0l1x0r

[quote name='inDEED' date='Jun 23 2005, 12:40 AM']However - while we may disagree with Scientology and its teachings, neither the "faith" nor the believer warrant ridicule...
[right][snapback]620235[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
But we can still make fun of "Battlefield Earth," right?

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jun 23 2005, 08:03 AM']But we can still make fun of "Battlefield Earth," right?
[right][snapback]620418[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What do you think?

OF COURSE!!! :rolling:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jun 23 2005, 10:03 AM']But we can still make fun of "Battlefield Earth," right?
[right][snapback]620418[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

If you don't, I will...

My husband actually read Battlefield Earth many, many summers ago... he was really bored. He said the beginning and ending were pretty okay, but the middle 500 pages dragged... :mellow:

I've heard that Katie Holmes won't be in the sequel to Batman Begins. Perhaps she shouldn't have converted to Scientology.

DemonSlayer

The character shouldn't be in the next Batman movie anyway, there's not much point for her to be in it, especially since the character was created just for the movie.

[quote name='DemonSlayer' date='Jun 29 2005, 11:59 AM']The character shouldn't be in the next Batman movie anyway, there's not much point for her to be in it, especially since the character was created just for the movie.
[right][snapback]627394[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

She shouldn't have been in Batman Begins, as far as I'm concerned. She was about the one thing I didn't like in the movie. I thought it would've been better if instead of her character, they had Harvey Dent (who starts out as an idealistic young D.A.)

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jun 29 2005, 10:05 AM']She shouldn't have been in Batman Begins, as far as I'm concerned.  She was about the one thing I didn't like in the movie.  I thought it would've been better if instead of her character, they had Harvey Dent (who starts out as an idealistic young D.A.)
[right][snapback]627407[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I didn't mind her character in the film. But she was pretty pointless. I suppose they thought that Bruce Wayne needed a love interest.

[quote name='inDEED' date='Jun 23 2005, 12:40 AM']Everyone in this thread who is making fun of Katie Holmes or Scientology...

I for one do disagree with the teachings of Scientology and believe it to be in error...

However - while we may disagree with Scientology and its teachings, neither the "faith" nor the believer warrant ridicule...
[right][snapback]620235[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

shes from the glass city
thats 45 minutes from me up intersate 75
katie if ur readen this
holla atcha boi

• 1 month later...

I know this thread about Tom and Katie :( leaving the Church for the Scientology cult is way old, but I wanted to share this story my coworker told me the other day because it is really cute!

It has to do with a family that is close to my coworker: I think they have like 5 kids. When two of the daughters were young in the 80's, their mother wouldn't let them watching a "Dirty Dancing" TV show because of the inappropriate dance moves. But when their mom wasn't home, they'd turn it on and watch it because they loved dancing. After a few days, the girls started to feel very guilty about watching the show behind their mother's back. So, as they continued to watch the show, they picked out a particular dancer on the show who was particularly immodest, named her "Slimy," and prayed for her every night. They probably kept Slimy in their prayers for a few years.

Now, 15 or so years later, one of the daughters was flipping through some cable stations and happened to stop on some tele-evangelist station. There was Slimy! She was telling her conversion story and how she had led a reckless youth, including her role on the "Dirty Dancing" show, and how she was saved. Isn't that a cute story!

Anyhow... I think it's sad when Catholics leave the faith, especially when they're plastered all over the tabloids! :(
But the story of Slimy teaches us that we should keep even the stars in our prayers... who knows what will happen! :rolleyes:

Edited by blueufo7