Carrie Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 Thanks for the site Lil Red! inDEED, I have a small red rose on my shoulder. It represents a family member that means the world to me. I got it before I came back to the Church a few years back. Now I really want that rosary! I keep telling myself save, save, save!
StMichael Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 [quote name='inDEED' date='Jul 1 2005, 02:18 PM']Be sure that you take this scripture in its context... Oh - and if you're not a fan of tats - get outta the thread! [right][snapback]629467[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Fan or not, it was that scripture that stopped me from getting one. And I'm unsure how DO NOT can be taken out of "context." My question was real and not meant as a debate so please don't get so bent out of shape.
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 That question ALWAYS gets turned into a debate, which is why we asked that you NOT ask it here. I even bumped a tattoo thread in the debate table and gave links to other threads where its been discussed in the past. inDEED wasn't bent out of shape, I believe he meant his comment to be partly humorous, but honest--if someone doesn't like the topic and is only going to cause trouble in it (its happened in the past, you can't blame him for being cautious about it) then its better to take the discussion/debate part of it elsewhere. This is a fun thread.
Carrie Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 Icey is right. St. Michael, I'd be happy to discuss it with you in the Debate Table, if you wish. Just post in the thread Ice bumped. I've argued this before. It's getting quite familiar now.
cmotherofpirl Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 All my children are getting the family coat of arms as a tattoo, each with a different part of the motto.
inDEED Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 [quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Jul 6 2005, 05:33 AM']inDEED wasn't bent out of shape, I believe he meant his comment to be partly humorous, but honest--if someone doesn't like the topic and is only going to cause trouble in it (its happened in the past, you can't blame him for being cautious about it) then its better to take the discussion/debate part of it elsewhere. This is a fun thread. [right][snapback]633016[/snapback][/right] [/quote] The Princess knows what's up...No offense to you, Michael....You knew what the thread was about, bro...
inDEED Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jul 6 2005, 06:49 AM']All my children are getting the family coat of arms as a tattoo, each with a different part of the motto. [right][snapback]633045[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Now THAT'S a cool tattoo...
Carrie Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 [quote name='inDEED' date='Jul 6 2005, 11:36 AM']Now THAT'S a cool tattoo... [right][snapback]633083[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I have to agree. That sounds great!
inDEED Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 [quote name='StMichael' date='Jul 5 2005, 10:31 PM']And I'm unsure how DO NOT can be taken out of "context."[right][snapback]632895[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Straight from the mouth of Father Pontifex, bro... "In the old testament there are references against tatoos. (Lev 19:28) Certainly this must be taken in context for the main reason that tatoos were written against in the law was because it was a form of pagan worship."
StMichael Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 [quote name='inDEED' date='Jul 6 2005, 09:45 AM']Straight from the mouth of Father Pontifex, bro... "In the old testament there are references against tatoos. (Lev 19:28) Certainly this must be taken in context for the main reason that tatoos were written against in the law was because it was a form of pagan worship." [right][snapback]633090[/snapback][/right] [/quote] But to further that, we are created in His likeness and therefore if we change our likeness, be it an ink marking, etc. we are adding what He did not. Don't let the want overshadow its questionable application. You got some ink, great, but don't say it is OK with the Church regardless if there is an official stand or not. Like I said, it was that passage that stop me dead in my tracks and I was shocked that it was covered in the Bible. So I don't see a debate happening over this as one can not argue with the Word of God.
Carrie Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 Hey St. Michael, please debate this in the tattoo thread in the debate table. I would really like that this particular thread not get moved. Thanks!
Pontifex Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 If you are going to have a tatoo that is one to have. I love the sacred heart and immaculate heart. The two names are a nice tribute. Peace
Lil Red Posted July 6, 2005 Author Posted July 6, 2005 [quote name='StMichael' date='Jul 6 2005, 10:15 AM']But to further that, we are created in His likeness and therefore if we change our likeness, be it an ink marking, etc. we are adding what He did not. Don't let the want overshadow its questionable application. You got some ink, great, but don't say it is OK with the Church regardless if there is an official stand or not. Like I said, it was that passage that stop me dead in my tracks and I was shocked that it was covered in the Bible. So I don't see a debate happening over this as one can not argue with the Word of God. [right][snapback]633214[/snapback][/right] [/quote] st michael, this is MY thread, and i asked you not to debate in it please! like it has been said, please post in the debate thread about tattoos, not in my personal thread!!! :angry: :angry: [quote name='Carrie' date='Jul 6 2005, 10:17 AM']Hey St. Michael, please debate this in the tattoo thread in the debate table. I would really like that this particular thread not get moved. Thanks! [right][snapback]633220[/snapback][/right] [/quote] THANK YOU!!! :wub: [quote name='Pontifex' date='Jul 6 2005, 10:33 AM']If you are going to have a tatoo that is one to have. I love the sacred heart and immaculate heart. The two names are a nice tribute. Peace [right][snapback]633230[/snapback][/right] [/quote] -_- thank you so much father -_-
Lil Red Posted July 6, 2005 Author Posted July 6, 2005 [quote name='Paladin D' date='Jul 6 2005, 09:16 AM']Awesome tattoo [b]Lil Red[/b]! [right][snapback]633141[/snapback][/right] [/quote] thanks paladin!!
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 I am asking, officially, any mods reading this (Cmom, Flowery, Azzie, etc.) if any more argument is posted in this thread please delete it. TWO threads have been bumped for this discussion in the Debate Table already, debate can be taken there. Thank You.
Lil Red Posted July 6, 2005 Author Posted July 6, 2005 you don't mean deleted the thread do you? just the offensive comments? thanks icey!!! :wub:
IcePrincessKRS Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 [quote name='Lil Red' date='Jul 6 2005, 07:49 PM']you don't mean deleted the thread do you? just the offensive comments? thanks icey!!! :wub: [right][snapback]633726[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yeah, just the argumentative comments! Sorry, I was confusing I guess... thats what happens when typing while holding an infant and playing peek-a-boo with a toddler at the same time. lol I want this thread to stay here, but debate taken to its rightful place.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted July 6, 2005 Posted July 6, 2005 (edited) NICE TATTO! Edited July 7, 2005 by Extra ecclesiam nulla salus
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now