blueufo7 Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 i don't know if this has already been a topic on phatmass... but here goes! Besides Our Lady, my favorite saints are.... (drum roll)... St. Anne (Baptism) [img]http://www.thegrotto.org/chap6.jpg[/img] St. Mutien-Marie Wiaux (Confirmation) [img]http://www.lasalle2.org/ClipArt/Rore/DuoMutien.gif[/img] I also like to throw St. Joseph, St. Josemaria, and JPII in there for a little fun! :-) [img]http://acweb.colum.edu/users/agunkel/homepage/easter/stjos.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/saintj12.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.stephentaylor.ca/archives/pope-john-paul-ii-dove.jpg[/img] Share your saints!! :wub:
franciscanheart Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 st thomas aquinas [img]http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/ASThom1.jpg[/img] maria goretti [img]http://www.livingwatercommunity.com/saiints/goretti.jpg[/img] st therese the little flower [img]http://www.littleflower.org/images/photos/photorosesbnws.jpg[/img] st faustina [img]http://www.divinemercymessenger.com/art/faustina_hell.gif[/img] st joseph [img]http://acweb.colum.edu/users/agunkel/homepage/easter/stjos.jpg[/img]
Cam42 Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 Sts. Christopher and Andrew St. Josemaria Escriva St. Bernadette Soubirous N.B. You guys do know that John Paul II is not a saint right? I don't necessarily think that it is appropriate to include him, until at least declared venerable....just a prudent thought.
MilesChristi Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 baptismal patron - St. Peter, Prince of the Apostles confirmation patron - St. John the Baptist
photosynthesis Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 my baptismal name is Claire (after St. Clare), and my confirmation name is Felicity, after St. Felicity (felicitas). I love St. Francis, St. Alphonsus Ligouri, St. John of the Cross, St. Teresa de Avila, St. Josemaria, and St. John the Evangelist.....oh yeah, and St. Peter. St. Jude always comes in handy too, for those ahem....lost causes.
argent_paladin Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 My confirmation name is Thomas Xavier, for Thomas Aquinas and Francis Xavier. My religious name was Zechariah Therese Hyacinth, for Therese of the Infant Jesus and Hyacinth Odrowaz of Poland. Here's a pic of St. Hyacinth: [img]http://www.wga.hu/art/c/carracci/lodovico/virgin_a.jpg[/img]
Mateo el Feo Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 My patron saint: Saint Ignatius of Loyola. His example has inspired me since the day I learned about him. [img]http://www.crescentsj.com/images/ignatius/IgnatiusLoyola%5B1%5D.jpg[/img]
homeschoolmom Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 My confirmation saint is Joanna the Myrrhbearer. But I also really like St. Elizabeth Ann Seton...
Cathurian Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 St. Anselm of Canterbury! His intercession helped me into the Church.
Don John of Austria Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 (edited) St. Barbra St. Louis St. Jude St. Thomas Becket St. thomas Aquinus St. Thomas More St. Thomas the Apostle St. Constantine St. Nicholas Blessed Urban II Blessed Pius IX I keep intending to start Praying to St. Morris, ever since Ifound out about him, but I often forget to. Whats funny concidsering the title of thisthread is that I almost never pray to the Blessed Mother unless it is in some formal setting, I have no strong devotion to her certianly not like I do to St. Barbra or Louis. I used to pray often to St. Lawrance but I rarely do anymore, I should start that up agian. Edited June 22, 2005 by Don John of Austria
Old_Joe Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 After I pray the rosary or chaplet of divine mercy I usually say the following litany of saints, not all of them every time though, but I do try to remember them: St. Jospeh of Cupertino (confirmation saint and avatar) St. Michael (parent's parish) St. Pius X (high school) St. Thomas Aquinas (my parish) St. Faustina St. Patrick (special intention) St. Cecelia (ditto) St. Francis of Assisi St. Maria Goretti (gotta love them italians) St. John Vianney (so humble, so simple, yet so powerful, of course the power doesn't come from him)
Fidei Defensor Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 My confirmation saint was St. Thomas Aquinas St. Michael is another, by choice and partially because of my middle name, which is Michael.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 My favorite saints, in no particular order, not all of whom I regarly ask for intercession: St. Raphael the Archangel (Confirmation Patron) St. Thomas More (For Fighting Secularism) St. Thomas Becket (For Courage to Face Authority for God) St. Jean Marie Baptiste Vianney (For Understanding) St. Padre Pio (For Piety) St. Cecilia (Patroness of My Home Diocese) Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception (Guardian of Two Particular Joined Hearts) St. Peter (For the Faith to Walk on Water) St. Thomas (For the Faith to See Without Believing) St. Thomas Aquinas (For Reason) St. Augustine (For True Philosophy) St. Benedict (Purity) St. Francis of Assisi (Simplicity and Poverty) St. Louis de Montfort (Marian Devotion) St. Louis IX (Courage to Do What's Right, When It's Easy to Do What's Wrong) St. Nicholas Owen (Sacrifice and Secrecy) St. Christina the Astonishing (To Avoid the Stench of Sin) St. Therese of Lisieux (For Help Along the Little Way) St. Alphonsus Ligouri (For Help With Scruples) St. Tarcisius (Eucharistic Devotion)
Old_Joe Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 I should also mention St. Francis de Sales. I've been reading a couple of bookd based on his work and they've really helped. They are "How to Profit from Your Faults" and "Introduction to the Devout Life." I'd recommend them to anyone, especially those who have problems not only in their life but especially with being faithful.
Apotheoun Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 I have two patron saints: St. Ignatius of Antioch and St. Gregory Palamas.
phatcatholic Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 St. Nicholas St. Joseph St. Michael the Archangel
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now