Dudette Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 St. Therese of Lisieux (Confirmation) [img]http://showcase.netins.net/web/solitude/Therese1896.jpg[/img] St. Anne. [img]http://www.thegrotto.org/chap6.jpg[/img]
Guest Eremite Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 Photosynthesis, How dare you steal my patron! My patron is St. John of the Cross. [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/eremite_85/wStJohnCross.jpg[/img]
Didacus Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 (edited) Fr. Andre, Oratoire St-Joseph, Montreal [img]http://www2.ignatius.edu/faculty/turner/montreal/oratoire.JPG[/img] I don't have an jpg image of St.Andre though... You walk into the oratory and its like walking through the gates of heaven itself. Few things I have seen are more inspiring. Of course, St Micheal! [img]http://www.catholicculture.org/Lit/pictures/9_29_michael2.jpg[/img] God's 'go-to angel' when trouble starts to stir! Gotta love him! St Jospeh, aka 'the Dad' as I like to call him [img]http://www.theworkofgod.org/images/Joseph.jpg[/img] The least talked about of the holy family, but definately was essential to Jesus' mission! Virgin Mary, aka 'The mom' as I like to call her. [img]http://www.spiritbride.com/linnocence7.jpg[/img] Whenever you need a moment of silence to regain strenght, she's always there. Maybe not officially a saint just yet, but JP the Great! aka; 'my papa' as I like to call him. [img]http://majoritywhip.house.gov/Mediaimages/pope.jpg[/img] The modern day giant that lead the world with the unwavering message of truth. And last, of course, one who is loved by countless through the centuries, the first to be stigmatic.... you guessed it, St-Francis of Assisi! [img]http://www.irenescorner.com/home/readingcorner/assis/saofrancisco4.gif[/img] The smallest amongst everyone, made great through his faith in the Lord. Oh, and a special mention to Mere Marie-Rose, bienheureuse (beatified). she carried my family through some tough times... [img]http://www.snjm.org/Common%20Items/ContentPhotos/MMRPhotos/MMR1.jpg[/img] Edited June 22, 2005 by Didacus
Guest JeffCR07 Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 My confirmation Saint is Francis of Assisi, who I heart. My "patron" Saint, the one I look to for advise and whose intercession I deeply depend on: St. Anselm of Canturbury, Doctor of Scholasticism
son_of_angels Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 The saint I pray to everytime I go to Mass is St. Michael the Archangel. Angels are so cool, thus the name.
Dudette Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 (edited) [quote name='Didacus' date='Jun 22 2005, 09:39 AM']Fr. Andre, Oratoire St-Joseph, Montreal [img]http://www2.ignatius.edu/faculty/turner/montreal/oratoire.JPG[/img] I don't have an jpg image of St.Andre though... [right][snapback]618883[/snapback][/right] [/quote] [img]http://pages.globetrotter.net/fabien/img/frereandre02.jpg[/img] Hmmm....should get a picture of the inside of St. Joseph's Oratory, it's so beautiful. ps, if you had a photo of St. Andre but it wasn't jpeg, you could change the file to a jpeg Edited June 22, 2005 by Dudette
Didacus Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 [quote name='Dudette' date='Jun 22 2005, 08:21 AM'] Hmmm....should get a picture of the inside of St. Joseph's Oratory, it's so beautiful. [right][snapback]618904[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Thanks Dudette, that's the guy. i just could not search an image of him (I ain't no computer pro)... He healed thousands upon thousands... his funeral is seen as the biggest in Canadien history (Rocket Richard's funeral came close... but Fr.Andre has him beat hands down). As for the inside of the oratory... i recommend anyone to just google the images... there are tons of them... It is one of the finer places in Catholicism... Canada's own 'NotreDame'. *sigh*
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 St. Cecelia [img]http://www.catholicposters.com/shop/images/products/fullimages/723.jpg[/img]
avalia Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 Intercession of the Saints St. Elizabeth of Hungary (Baptism) St. Ada (Confirmation) St. Veronica (Confirmation) St. Thomas Aquinas (Apologists, Students) St. Thomas More (Lawyers) St. Maria Faustina (Divine Mercy) St. Rose of Lima (Americas, Vanquish Vanity) St. Vincent de Paul (To Practice Acts of Charity) St. Roque (Mercy and Strength to those with AIDS) St. Jude (For Assumed “Hopeless” Causes) St. Francis Xavier (Home Parish, Propagation of the Faith) St. Raphael (Blessings upon Couples) St. Joan of Arc (Conviction) St. Teresa of Avila (Mystics and Writing)
Dudette Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 [quote name='Didacus' date='Jun 22 2005, 10:29 AM']Thanks Dudette, that's the guy. i just could not search an image of him (I ain't no computer pro)... He healed thousands upon thousands... his funeral is seen as the biggest in Canadien history (Rocket Richard's funeral came close... but Fr.Andre has him beat hands down). As for the inside of the oratory... i recommend anyone to just google the images... there are tons of them... It is one of the finer places in Catholicism... Canada's own 'NotreDame'. *sigh* [right][snapback]618914[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I search google for that picture Ahhhh, Notre Dame is simply b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!!! :wub:
disturbedxfairy Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 all time favorite... Saint Agnes of Rome [img]http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/sta05003.jpg[/img] followed by... Saint Therese of Lisieux [img]http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/saintt02.jpg[/img] Maria Goretti [img]http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/saintm09.jpg[/img]
Old_Joe Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 [quote name='Didacus' date='Jun 22 2005, 07:39 AM']Fr. Andre, Oratoire St-Joseph, Montreal [img]http://www2.ignatius.edu/faculty/turner/montreal/oratoire.JPG[/img] I don't have an jpg image of St.Andre though... You walk into the oratory and its like walking through the gates of heaven itself. Few things I have seen are more inspiring. [/quote] I love the Oratory of St. Joseph. I visited there with a whole bunch of people while in Quebec for WYD 2002. My friend Elicia and I walked all the way up to the top. We had to stop every so often because she has bad knees, I was very proud of her for being able to go all the way up. We walked in and got about halfway through when we started looking around like we were tourists. Both of us looked at each other and we were like, "This is absolutely gorgeous!" It was so sublime and so simple. I wish I could go back. I wouldn't mind getting married there. I loved the chapel with all of the candles. My pictures don't do it justice.
Old_Joe Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 [quote]St. Raphael (Blessings upon Couples)[/quote] There's one for you micah.
corban711 Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 st. nicholas by baptism st. dominic savio by confirmation st. therese is my favorite though st. john the beloved disciple bl. mother teresa
CanCath Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 Saints PETER AND PAUL the powerhouse-evangelists. Yeah!! P-square Pray for us!! Oh, and I LOVE St. Therese of Lisieux too....
Didacus Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 [quote name='CanCath' date='Jun 22 2005, 01:20 PM']Saints PETER AND PAUL the powerhouse-evangelists. Yeah!! P-square Pray for us!! Oh, and I LOVE St. Therese of Lisieux too.... [right][snapback]619323[/snapback][/right] [/quote] LOL --- P-square... I like that...
reelguy227 Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 Mine are St. Richard ,which is my name ,St. Michael the Archangel ,my Confirmation name, and St.Thomas Aquinas . Those three rock !!
picchick Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 St. Margaret Mary St. Joan of Arc, my favorite can you tell?
Mickey's_Girl Posted June 22, 2005 Posted June 22, 2005 St. Bede the Venerable St. Francis of Assisi (sp?) (He's the loving-est saint I've come across so far) Bl. Mother Theodore Guerin (started the Sisters of Providence--read her journal--she's so cool) St. Katherine Drexel St. Martin de Porres (for charity and humility) Bl. John XXIII (I especially ask his intercession when praying for the Pope) St. John Neumann and, VERY MUCH, the Blessed Mother. She's good for practically any intercession! :wub: MG
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now