iggy Posted June 24, 2005 Posted June 24, 2005 (edited) [quote name='Old_Joe' date='Jun 24 2005, 12:52 PM']yeah, I was the one who asked Matt to do his impression of his hair on fire again. Actually, it's really funny you should mention NCK #7. I was talking to Kate Hall recently, and we were trying to figure out how even though we went on that same retreat, we never actually met until recently. [right][snapback]621805[/snapback][/right] [/quote] That is okay, I was in a lab with Rebecca and Tim my first semester, but didn't get to know either until Lent with Rececca, and NCK #7 with Tim Actually, Tim was also in a class of mine that semester, too... but I had no clue Edited June 24, 2005 by iggy
iggy Posted June 24, 2005 Posted June 24, 2005 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jun 24 2005, 01:58 PM']their is fire in purgatory worse than any fire on earth. [right][snapback]621888[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yeah, and it is nice and purifying, so you can get to Heaven!
picchick Posted June 24, 2005 Posted June 24, 2005 I don't think it is a distraction from the devil. Maybe you are over flowing with joy with Jesus..... Laughing is something the devil would not want, no? I mean laughing means you are happy. I don't think the devil wants that. Also, at Stubie they told us that there are gifts of the Holy Spirit. The gift of laughter is one of them. Sometimes emotions get built up in us and the only way to release them is through laughter or crying and the such. I mean many people cry when they pray. Is this a distraction from the devil? it is showing the emotion within them. I really think that your laughter is fine. I mean it would be a little weird to all of a sudden hear someone laughing and many people may find it rude but I don't think it is a distraction from the devil. Meg
iggy Posted June 25, 2005 Posted June 25, 2005 and I know from experience people just get used to you.
Old_Joe Posted June 25, 2005 Author Posted June 25, 2005 [quote name='iggy' date='Jun 24 2005, 08:12 PM']and I know from experience people just get used to you. [right][snapback]622222[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Who me?
Old_Joe Posted June 25, 2005 Author Posted June 25, 2005 I think I kinda have the same thing. I tend to be introverted which in turn makes into a bit of a loner or as I prefer to say a do-it-yourselfer. not to mention socially inept, but I'm working on that.
iggy Posted June 25, 2005 Posted June 25, 2005 If you had met me in Tucson, I don't think you would have liked me, Zach. I was sooo socially inept. You could almost place a bet that whatever I said was absoloutly wrong for the moment. I still get scared when put into some social situations. You just have to learn to trust us more. It is harder than I just made it sound, but it comes to one thing: you are who God made you, yes, you are working on becoming more Him and less you, but right now, you are still more you than Him, but the Newman people will love you for the stuggle. Don't be afraid to call around to see if anyone is doing something, if they are having a small thing, they will tell you. Don't take it personally. I am now done lecturing you.
Old_Joe Posted June 25, 2005 Author Posted June 25, 2005 Thanks. I needed to hear that. Don't get me wrong. It's been changing a lot recently, especially since NCK 9. The problem was that I wasn't hearing about those "small things" as you put them, and it wasn't like I missed the call or was too busy. I was rarely called at all, and that was because I wasn't putting myself out there.
karin Posted June 25, 2005 Posted June 25, 2005 oh sometimes i laugh in mass for no reason.... but most times i have a reason.... my preist does the funniest things during mass , not on purpose and no one else but me and denise think it is funny... but some times things he does strike me as hilarious and i cant stop laughing and i feel rather guilty because i dont want to be a distraction in mass and also i want to pay attention. But like it is really funny when the deacon is giving the homily and then the preist starts falling asleep and then does funny looking things to help him stay awake.... i mean dont you think that woud be funny? or when he the priest gets cold while he is listening to the bishop give the homily so he sticks his arm way up underneath his vestments on his shoulder... sometimes things are just funny. ok i am rambling about things prolly no one really cares about so i will stop. God Bless and Mary keep Karin
iggy Posted June 25, 2005 Posted June 25, 2005 lol at my old parish, people would stay awake (if they went to mass at all) because the pastor talked with his hands, well more like his arms, and there were candles next to the lectionary... so people would watch because he always came very close to setting fire to his vestments
Old_Joe Posted June 25, 2005 Author Posted June 25, 2005 I went to Fr. Kilcawley's first mass, and at the end when he was thanking everyone who had influenced his life, he kept breaking into tears of joy all the while trying to maintain his composure. Everyone couldn't help but laugh because of this. It was a wonderful Mass. God Bless the Irish!
karin Posted June 25, 2005 Posted June 25, 2005 yeah though i havent worked on it in a while it is a very coolio language
karin Posted June 25, 2005 Posted June 25, 2005 uh not to bad i like it... is this what is called hi jacking a thread... i wouldnt think so since the creator of the thread is in the conversatio n how can he hi jack his own thread?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now