An Old School Catholic Message Board

Excerpt from Billy Graham's final speech

Brother Adam

Guest Eremite

[quote name='mulls' date='Jun 27 2005, 09:37 AM']can those with the mark and the seal of the Holy Spirit go to hell?
[right][snapback]625171[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes.

[quote]Therefore, while the promise of entering his rest remains, let us fear lest any of you be judged to have failed to reach it.

Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, that no one fall by the same sort of disobedience.

Hebrews 4:1,11[/quote]

[quote]For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Hebrews 6:4-6[/quote]

photosynthesis

what do you mean by his "last speech?" Is he retiring?

One of my friends said Billy Graham is doing a 'Crusade' in Central Park in July. But I just get these images of Protestants on horseback jousting in Central Park. Sounds like the kind of thing that would make me want to make a reservation at Tavern on the Green.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jun 26 2005, 05:39 PM']Nothing can remove the mark and seal of the Holy Spirit. Nothing.
[right][snapback]624643[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Right, but he's address a wide group of people-- some who were baptized, some who weren't, some who were confirmed, some who were atheists etc. When he says "we" he doesn't mean each and every single person there. I think he means "some."

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jun 25 2005, 07:45 AM']So who else sees something deeply theologically wrong here?

"We are Christians maybe. We go to church. We've been baptized, we've been confirmed. But deep inside we need something else, and that something else can be brought about by Jesus," he told the crowd."
[right][snapback]622772[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Let's just pretend he meant the Eucharist which is brought about by Jesus...

Brother Adam

But that's what we do here. Debate. :)

And it does help. I'm here. and Catholic.... ;)

Since when do we actually trust the media? :rolleyes:

I wouldn't put it past them to add just one word, "maybe", to his speech or paraphrase to get a totally different answer.

it's been done before.

Brother Adam

That's basic evangelical doctrine. If he didn't say 'maybe' he is not being true to his faith. Not to mention that is what every 'crusade' is about - "You only need Jesus and nothing else". I know a woman who has been 'saved' 5 times by Billy.

Edited by Brother Adam

Maybe if he's not being "true to his faith", maybe he's on the verge of converting?

We know it's not theologically sound. We've seen thousands "saved" by Benny Hinn and others.

All I'm saying, is that he could possibly be misquoted and going Catholic. :)

A girl can dream....and pray for the man.

and bro. adam, I just feel like fighting :ph34r: :P

Edited by jmjtina