Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted June 29, 2005 Posted June 29, 2005 i would go but... you have to be 16 (or so i am told)
daugher-of-Mary Posted June 29, 2005 Posted June 29, 2005 I found out a little while ago that I'm going...and being sponsored...so I don't have to pay (much)!!!!! yay!!!! I'm SOOO excited
Dudette Posted June 29, 2005 Posted June 29, 2005 [quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jun 29 2005, 07:49 PM']i would go but... you have to be 16 (or so i am told) [right][snapback]627808[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I'm 15 and I'm going. I only turn 16 in September.
Dudette Posted June 30, 2005 Posted June 30, 2005 yes, there is a limit. It's only because I'm part of ECYD which is a part of Regnum Christi and there is an international girls convention (for the girls in ECYD, there's also boys ECYD) and the girls are taken to WYD.
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus Posted June 30, 2005 Posted June 30, 2005 cool! how did you get involved with ECYD?
Dudette Posted June 30, 2005 Posted June 30, 2005 hmm...well.....I don't know exactly how it works with the boys...but pm me okay?
benedictaj Posted June 30, 2005 Posted June 30, 2005 I;m sooooooooooooo jealous!!! I wish I could come! Hope you have an AMAZING time for us who can't go!!!!!!!
Bfulk Posted June 30, 2005 Posted June 30, 2005 Oh yeah baby, I'll be there...I'm also going to Portugal: Lisbon and Fatima, Spain: Madrid, Saragossa, Torreciudad, maybe Barcelona, France: Lourdes, Paris, Normandy, Germany: COLOGNE BABY. So yeah i have this crazy trip before WYD then I drive from Paris to Cologne. It's gonna be so sweet to see two of the biggest Marian shrines in the world though! Can't wait... <--- I've been doing this every time I think about it
shelly_freak Posted June 30, 2005 Posted June 30, 2005 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Jun 29 2005, 08:54 PM']I'll be there! [right][snapback]627928[/snapback][/right] [/quote] My roomie! We're gonna have so much fun!!!
Fidei Defensor Posted June 30, 2005 Posted June 30, 2005 Shh :ph34r: dont tell miriam, but im sneaking in her suitcase so i can go..
ForHimAlone Posted June 30, 2005 Posted June 30, 2005 I'm so glad that so many of you can go! I won't be there, so take lots of pictures and post them when you get home!!
cappie Posted July 5, 2005 Posted July 5, 2005 Pell leads bid for Sydney World Youth Day In an event to rival the Sydney Olympics, the Vatican will be offered venues at Olympic Park, Darling Harbour and the Opera House to win Sydney the church's biggest global festival and bring Pope Benedict XVI to Australian shores for the first time. The Sydney Morning Herald reported yesterday that Cardinal George Pell is leading a high-level delegation to Rome this week to present the Archdiocese's claim to stage the church's 11th World Youth Day. Were Sydney to receive the green light, the week-long event of prayer, celebration and religious instruction for Catholic youth would be the largest public gathering in Sydney since the 2000 Games. The final Sunday vigil Mass of World Youth Day planned for the boulevard of Sydney's Olympic Park and at which the Pope would preside would be expected to draw 250,000 people - including more than 80,000 overseas pilgrims. The Sydney Catholic Archdiocese is keeping confidential the cost of the event but the bill - put at more than $80 million - would be met by way of a participant's fee, Government assistance, corporate sponsorship and church funds. The Department of State and Regional Development has estimated direct and indirect benefit to the state of between $65 million and $112 million in 2008 dollars. The event has the enthusiastic support of the Premier, Bob Carr, and negotiations are under way with the Federal Government over visa and migration requirements. In a letter to the Vatican, Mr Carr has pledged "the highest levels of co-operation" and provision at no or nominal charge of security, protocol, medical services, transport and public buildings. The state's most senior public servant, the director-general of the Premier's Department, Dr Col Gellatly, is heading a co-ordination committee. "We are also prepared to legislate, if necessary, to ensure the smooth facilitation of World Youth Day," Mr Carr writes. A formal announcement of the winning site will be made in Cologne, site of this year's World Youth Day, in August. The final decision rests with the Pontifical Council for Laity in Rome. Bids are secret, but Sydney's only competition is thought to be South Africa and Brazil.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted July 5, 2005 Posted July 5, 2005 [quote name='shelly_freak' date='Jun 29 2005, 11:10 PM']My roomie! We're gonna have so much fun!!! [right][snapback]628038[/snapback][/right] [/quote] You gotta verse me on currency issues dearie... and whatever happened at the last meeting I missed
cappie Posted July 5, 2005 Posted July 5, 2005 Café Capuccino Close to the Cologne Cathedral (the red circle on the map, address: Am Hof 28) there will be the Café Cappuccino during the World-Youth-Day. Sisters and brothers will be present and will accommodate you in various ways: You just drop by to get a snack or a drink and relax for a while You can get information about our life with a beamer-show You’re more than welcome to address one of us and ask everything you like to know about Capuchins, male and female. If you are looking for a personal encounter, the brothers and sisters gladly spend some time with you for a talk about your experiences and encounters during your stay in Cologne. Our Café is located in the center of the activities, close to the Cathedral. You’re also welcome to meet there with friends or members of various groups participating in the activities. The Café will be opened after morning prayer and will close at 1 am. Hope to see you there! Café Capuccino.
jp2_rules Posted July 5, 2005 Posted July 5, 2005 i'll be there!! i'm really excited. i was in toronto as well, and it was amazing. i'm actually staying in europe to study abroad in austria all semester....so it's gonna so sweet!!!
kateri05 Posted July 5, 2005 Posted July 5, 2005 (edited) we have a 14 year old going so the age limit is pretty low and WOW, sydney austrailia... that would be SOOOOO cool Edited July 5, 2005 by kateri05
God Conquers Posted July 5, 2005 Posted July 5, 2005 I'm SO there! Can't wait!... I'm going with a diocese from the Netherlands and a delegation from Canada... woohoo
DemonSlayer Posted July 5, 2005 Posted July 5, 2005 It'd be great if the next WYD was in Sydney, because I'd be able to go again at a much cheaper cost.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now