An Old School Catholic Message Board

banning fornication

dairygirl4u2c

Do you think that fornication should be made illegal?  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest JeffCR07

Getting back to the actual question:

Yes, I think fornication should be illegal. It is a serious social ill that has vast, vast repercussions on society as a whole, and thus on families, children etc.

Now, practically speaking, it may not be practically feasible to enforce such a law, and thus such a law might not be enacted. However, I do not think that the lack of a law prohibiting sodomy necessarily means that it is endorsed - it may simply acknowledge what I just said - namely, that it would be impossible to enforce such a law, and we shouldnt have laws that we cant reasonable enforce.

In Christ,

Jeff

Smoking is banned from public buildings because it causes a variety of health problems. Fornication (and sodomy) should be outlawed because of sexually transmitted diseases. It would be hard to enforce, but it could go a long way to help fight AIDS, clap, etc.

Or, health care rates could be lowered for those who pledge chastity and demonstrate that they aren't sexually active, or at least don't have any STD's. Provide a financial disincentive.

If we really wanted to get lowered rates of fornication in this culture of death, it would probably be easier to resort to arguments in the natural law.

Semperviva

[quote name='Craftygrl06' date='Jul 2 2005, 07:54 PM']in virginia it is illegal to have sex before marriage.
[right][snapback]630258[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
...lol, when i saw the thread title that's what i thought of...lol, pretty sure its still illegal to fornicate in a bunch of states...but, um, hhhmmm, is that law enforced, um, lemme think-NO...(haha imagine how funny/saddening/downright scary it would be if they actually started enforcing this law- like over half the country behind bars...)[i] i think it would amaaazing if the church law and civil law were completely in harmony[/i]...in polisci we discussed, along the lines of pope st. genesius, how [b]there is a rightful seperation between church and state...[/b]we cannot have papal ceasarism...what we need are the body of government, the one body, being sustained by 2 lungs...seperate but equally important...one being the church and one the civil law...the body functions best when the lung function equally and in harmony...and to emphasize the need for proper seperation..the body could not really function at all if the one lung tried to impose on the other....

Edited by Semperviva

Semperviva

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jul 2 2005, 06:29 PM']well... I saw the new Batman movie... and you know... Batman's just so much cooler now

:cool:
[right][snapback]630219[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
[b]................ and christian bale was just as cool before he ever became batman............ ;) [/b]