An Old School Catholic Message Board

Official What Orders are You Considering Thread!

the_rev

There are so many threads, but maybe we should have an official thread of what orders each person in the vocation section is considering.

I am considering the Legion of Christ, Norbertines, FSSP, Diocseean, and the Married life as well.

What orders are you considering?

benedictaj

Tee hee...I am so going to be a Dominican.....although I have seriously looked at the Poor Clares. I love the Dominicans..... :wub:

Totus Tuus

J/w... what makes this one official and all the other ones not?

I'm considering the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, and hopefully entering in December.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I think I'm meant to be a Poor Clare Colettine and hopefully I will enter next summer... that is if I can get the application together in time...

Totus Tuus

[quote name='the_rev' date='Jul 3 2005, 09:49 AM']Totus Tuus--Where do you want to enter the poor clares?  Alabama or Arizona?
[right][snapback]630602[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Alabama.

Woohoo, go Poor Clares and Carmelites!

avemarisstella

Sorry to burst in on your Fransiscan and Teresian white, brown and greyness, but I think I'm a black-and-white Dominican!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='avemarisstella' date='Jul 3 2005, 09:15 PM']Sorry to burst in on your Fransiscan and Teresian white, brown and greyness, but I think I'm a black-and-white Dominican!
[right][snapback]631128[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:D there are quite a few Dominicans-to-be here... and a cisternian-to-be too :)

ForHimAlone

I'm another black and white.... Cistercians!!

See them here: [url="http://www.nunocist.org"]http://www.nunocist.org[/url]

I'm also going to check out a few Discalced Carmelites communities, but I'm thinking Cistercian may be the one!

[quote name='CatholicCid' date='Jul 4 2005, 03:55 PM']I was looking into the Diocese Priesthood <<...;
Technically an order right?
[right][snapback]631599[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sorry! Diocesan priests are considered "secular". They make promises of obedience to the bishop and a promise of celibacy (which is basically chastity but a slightly different nuance). They do not promise to live a rule of life (rule or constitution, etc.) nor are they bound to poverty.

But Diocesan priests are wonderful anyway and the backbone of the Church! God bless you!

Totus Tuus

[quote name='ForHimAlone' date='Jul 4 2005, 04:47 PM']I'm another black and white.... Cistercians!!

See them here: [url="http://www.nunocist.org"]http://www.nunocist.org[/url]

I'm also going to check out a few Discalced Carmelites communities, but I'm thinking Cistercian may be the one!
[right][snapback]631627[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Their site is really cool, and what lovely habits! I think they're very pretty. Why do they get up at 3:40? Is it part of their spirit of penance or something? In the Order I am joining, each sister rises in the middle of the night twice a week for an hour of Adoration... I don't know about you, but getting up like that is very hard for me. God bless :)

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Jul 5 2005, 07:27 AM']Their site is really cool, and what lovely habits! I think they're very pretty. Why do they get up at 3:40? Is it part of their spirit of penance or something? In the Order I am joining, each sister rises in the middle of the night twice a week for an hour of Adoration... I don't know about you, but getting up like that is very hard for me. God bless :)
[right][snapback]632017[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I was talking about the cisternians with kathleen... :) we were comparing orders and the cisternians are really cool! But I think I'm mean for hte Poor CLares... :) And they rise at midnight for (matins?) night prayer and then rise again at 5 am :) Yay for no sleep!