An Old School Catholic Message Board

Official What Orders are You Considering Thread!

the_rev

ThyHolyLove

That is sooo aweseome! I'm so happy that there will be a lot of girls there with you! It's crazy how the convents are overflowing; I just talked to Sr. Charlotte of the Sisters of Life and they're expecting 8-12 postulants woohoo!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='jgirl' date='Jul 18 2005, 06:32 AM']You know, it's the Year of the Eucharist!

There's something in the bread...Jesus!
[right][snapback]647730[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='jgirl' date='Jul 18 2005, 07:32 AM']You know, it's the Year of the Eucharist!

There's something in the bread...Jesus!
[right][snapback]647730[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I'm not really sure what you mean by that.... I don't want to be in any way offensive, but Jesus isn't in the bread, He [i]is[/i] the bread.

I'm going to a Benedictine Life Weekend in October! I've started reading the Rule of St. Benedict. I'm so pumped!!!!

ForHimAlone

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Jul 19 2005, 08:05 PM']I'm going to a Benedictine Life Weekend in October! I've started reading the Rule of St. Benedict. I'm so pumped!!!!
[right][snapback]650390[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Are you feeling called to the active or contemplative life. If the contemplative life, you may want to check out the Cistercian nuns. They were a reform order founded in 1098 in France and follow a strict observance of the Rule of St. Benedict. Let me know if you want more information!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='ForHimAlone' date='Jul 20 2005, 09:55 AM']Are you feeling called to the active or contemplative life.  If the contemplative life, you may want to check out the Cistercian nuns.  They were a reform order founded in 1098 in France and follow a strict observance of the Rule of St. Benedict.  Let me know if you want more information!
[right][snapback]650903[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I'm reading the [u]The Family That Overtook Christ[/u] (published by Pauline Books and Media) about the family of St. Bernard of Clairvaux. It's excellent! Have you read it? It's written by a monk of the Order of Cistercians of Strict Observance. You may find it of great interest, considering that you're discerning with Cistercians.

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Aug 18 2005, 11:00 AM']I'm reading the [u]The Family That Overtook Christ[/u] (published by Pauline Books and Media) about the family of St. Bernard of Clairvaux. It's excellent! Have you read it? It's written by a monk of the Order of Cistercians of Strict Observance. You may find it of great interest, considering that you're discerning with Cistercians.
[right][snapback]688953[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm currently working on the Sermons of Saint Bernard, but no, I have not read the one you mentioned. I'll definitely look into it. Saint Bernard's pretty cool, huh? :)

[quote name='ForHimAlone' date='Aug 18 2005, 05:32 PM']Saint Bernard's feast day is this Saturday, just to let you know! ;)
[right][snapback]689472[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Sweetness! Can you tell me more about Cistercian chant? Is it different from Gregorian chant or something?