An Old School Catholic Message Board

St. Paul's Outreach

Fides_et_Ratio

Fides_et_Ratio

If so, are they cool (i.e., orthodox)?

A priest I know recommended I get involved "to meet people" (I think he's worried I'm anti-social) cuz they have a chapter in Ohio. He warned I wouldn't like the "praise and woship" sorts of things, but thought I could find a few like-minded friends and maybe a cool place to hang out.

But I thought I would get second or third (especially first-hand) opinions about the group since he was never actually invovled--just knows a few kids that are in it (and well, he can be oblivious to the secret lives of teenagers.. lol)

So.. are they cool?

photosynthesis

do you mean the Paulists? I wouldn't call the Paulists "unorthodox" because there are some very orthodox priests...at the same time, there are a lot of Paulists who aren't preaching the fullness of the Catholic Faith. They're a lot like the Jesuits...you just never know.

Fides_et_Ratio

umm, I don't think so.. it's not a religious order (to the best of my knowledge).. just sort of like a campus ministry thing.

photosynthesis

[quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Jul 17 2005, 01:16 AM']umm, I don't think so.. it's not a religious order (to the best of my knowledge).. just sort of like a campus ministry thing.
[right][snapback]646107[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
The Paulists are really into campus ministry. That's one of their apostulates.

The group in our Arch Diocese is funded by the diocese. Also it is a very orthodox group.

But that's the one in the Twin Cities

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jul 17 2005, 12:34 AM']The group in our Arch Diocese is funded by the diocese.  Also it is a very orthodox group. 

But that's the one in the Twin Cities
[right][snapback]646119[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I concur.....great organization.

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jul 16 2005, 11:56 PM']I concur.....great organization.
[right][snapback]646130[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I agree as well

SPO
in minnesota is
................................AMAZING I LOVE IT !
GO!
IT ROX, I'VE BEEN THERE BEFORE
U TOTALY SHOULD GO ..THE PPL ARE SO SO HOLY IT BLEW ME AWAY...TOTALLY

RIGHT ON ...HAHAHA :lol:

I've been to one of their masses in MN before at the Net center. Cam's going to love this, they had guitars at the mass, even a bass guitar.