An Old School Catholic Message Board

song by U2

avemaria40

Hey guyz, as some of u prob know, i love U2, they're one of my fav bands. However, there's this song by them that i really like called "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" and i wonder if it would be sinful to listen to b/c it seems that the title is suggestive. any imput on this would be welcomed

That's the song from the Batman Forever soundtrack. I've always wondered about that one myself. I'm not sure what the song is really about, perhaps if we looked at the lyrics, we can figure that out, because I know at least 2 of the band are Catholic, and that is very hard to miss on many of their songs. That song just freaked me out though.

melporcristo

okay -- speaking of U2, there is this song called Grace on their "In The Name of Love" CD where Christian artists cover U2 songs. Is there really a song by U2 called Grace?

[quote name='melporcristo' date='Jul 19 2005, 11:23 PM']okay -- speaking of U2, there is this song called Grace on their "In The Name of Love" CD where Christian artists cover U2 songs. Is there really a song by U2 called Grace?
[right][snapback]650605[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes, it's the last song on "All That You Can't Leave Behind."

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jul 20 2005, 11:08 AM']Yes, it's the last song on "All That You Can't Leave Behind."
[right][snapback]651073[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

this has been asked before its not sinful to any music if it doesnt cause you to like withdraw from society or something like that dont really remember the other negative consequences. i hope someone can help me out here with the specifics. dont worry about it though i doubt you're going out at night to kill people with this song as your soundtrack.

Edited by bx_racer

[quote name='bx_racer' date='Jul 20 2005, 02:38 PM']this has been asked before its not sinful to any music if it doesnt cause you to like withdraw from society or something like that dont really remember the other negative consequences. i hope someone can help me out here with the specifics. dont worry about it though i doubt you're going out at night to kill people with this song as your soundtrack.
[right][snapback]651272[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Kill people using "Grace" as the soundtrack? Odd choice! Sure you're quoting the right post? ;)

[quote name='Socrates' date='Jul 20 2005, 01:41 PM']Kill people using "Grace" as the soundtrack?  Odd choice!  Sure you're quoting the right post?  ;)
[right][snapback]651276[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

my bad

[quote name='Noel's angel' date='Jul 20 2005, 07:01 AM']what 2 memebers of U2 are Catholic?

Yeah, U2 did sing Grace
[right][snapback]650782[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Bono is for sure, not sure which of the others.

I thought Bono wasn't Catholic, i thought he refused to pick a denomination, but is a Christian

melporcristo

[quote name='avemaria40' date='Jul 20 2005, 02:48 PM']I thought Bono wasn't Catholic, i thought he refused to pick a denomination, but is a Christian
[right][snapback]651560[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I am almost 100% sure because a non-denom. magazine called Relevant has released a book about Bono and according to this magazine, Bono doesn't claim any religion but Christian.

Here is a little snippet from an article from Relevant Magazine: [url="http://www.relevantmagazine.com/article.php?sid=276"]Bono Article[/url]

Edited by melporcristo

[quote name='melporcristo' date='Jul 20 2005, 09:31 PM']I am almost 100% sure because a non-denom. magazine called Relevant has released a book about Bono and according to this magazine, Bono doesn't claim any religion but Christian.

Here is a little snippet from an article from Relevant Magazine: [url="http://www.relevantmagazine.com/article.php?sid=276"]Bono Article[/url]
[right][snapback]651879[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
In that article, Bono also doesn't claim to NOT be Catholic... well, nevermind:

With a Protestant mother and Catholic father, Bono grew up with a strong religious faith but avoided becoming attached to one particular denomination.

"I come from both traditions, Protestant and Catholic," Bono says. "My mother was a Protestant, my father was a Catholic; no big deal anywhere else in the world but here.

DemonSlayer

The only who is really Catholic is supposed to be The Edge.
Bono is half Catholic apparently.