inDEED Posted July 22, 2005 Posted July 22, 2005 Just wondering if any of you had seen that new show, "Criss Angel: MINDFREAK"? Dude kinda creeps me out... What do you think?
Theologian in Training Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 There was one on last night, but since a buddy of mine, another fellow deacon, dropped by, I never got a chance to see it. Instead we went to the local Irish pub and then came back here and played the guitar. However, Ellusionist is saying there will be encore presentations of last night's at 2 and 2:30AM on A&E. Otherwise, your guess is as good as mine. BTW, how was last night's?
prose Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 I have seen a few episodes (or parts of anyways).. He is very strange, but, let's face it, that's what sells, right? I find though that it feels kinda evil when I watch it, and the visualizations are weird. For instance, last episode, there was a visual of him in a weird cage with a black figure seeming to be eating him, then it crawled away at the end. I won't let my kid watch it b/c the images are too eerie, and I don't want her having nightmares. Lots of pentagrams and pagan stuff too... Weird. But his tricks are sure good.
Theologian in Training Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 [quote name='prose' date='Aug 4 2005, 04:33 PM']I have seen a few episodes (or parts of anyways).. He is very strange, but, let's face it, that's what sells, right? I find though that it feels kinda evil when I watch it, and the visualizations are weird. For instance, last episode, there was a visual of him in a weird cage with a black figure seeming to be eating him, then it crawled away at the end. I won't let my kid watch it b/c the images are too eerie, and I don't want her having nightmares. Lots of pentagrams and pagan stuff too... Weird. But his tricks are sure good. [right][snapback]671989[/snapback][/right] [/quote] It is all an act. If you notice, he prays before every performance. Also, that black figure that looks like it is eating him, is actually an effect. He is standing there, and the black figure is actually coming out of his stomach. A classic effect, many different magicians have used. I also thought he had pentagrams, but if you look closer, you will see an A in there, which is symbolic of his last name: Angel. You have to remember, not only is he trying to sell himself to the people as a performer he is also trying to sell magic and get them interested in it again. It seems that magicians are using the same effects, and doing the same things. He is trying to keep it original and add a different flare to it. But again, all merely part of the act. In fact, more often than not, he is more of an entertainer than a magician. Just my .02 God Bless
prose Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 I totally agree that it is all an act. I have nothing against watching it (as you can tell since I have watched several episodes), but I still wouldn't let my 2 year old watch it. Too eerie.
Theologian in Training Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 [quote name='prose' date='Aug 4 2005, 04:48 PM']I totally agree that it is all an act. I have nothing against watching it (as you can tell since I have watched several episodes), but I still wouldn't let my 2 year old watch it. Too eerie. [right][snapback]672013[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Definitely agree
inDEED Posted August 4, 2005 Author Posted August 4, 2005 Theo... Good points... He makes the sign of the cross before each "feat"...whether or not it means anything, who knows... The dude's cool...Did you see the one where he swallowed needles & thread and then pulled them all out of his belly button? Btw, I didn't see last night's...I TIVOd it, though...I'll let you know... Oh - what's the craziest thing you've seen him do?
inDEED Posted August 4, 2005 Author Posted August 4, 2005 [quote name='prose' date='Aug 4 2005, 12:48 PM']but I still wouldn't let my 2 year old watch it.[right][snapback]672013[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Shoot...I prolly wouldn't even let my 10 year old watch it...
inDEED Posted August 4, 2005 Author Posted August 4, 2005 [quote name='Christie_M' date='Aug 4 2005, 01:10 PM']stay in a tank of water for 24 hours. [right][snapback]672051[/snapback][/right] [/quote] He DID have oxegyn, right? Was it a small tank? Details, woman...DETAILS!!!
Theologian in Training Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 [quote name='inDEED' date='Aug 4 2005, 05:09 PM']Theo... Good points... He makes the sign of the cross before each "feat"...whether or not it means anything, who knows... The dude's cool...Did you see the one where he swallowed needles & thread and then pulled them all out of his belly button? Btw, I didn't see last night's...I TIVOd it, though...I'll let you know... Oh - what's the craziest thing you've seen him do? [right][snapback]672048[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Hmmm...craziest? That is kind of difficult because I have a general idea on how he has done most of his effects, so it is not as crazy to me as it would be to someone else. However, if I had to pick. I would say turning water into beer. That was awesome! BTW, I have also seen Blaine do the thread and needle effect as well as a performer that got his start from Ellusionist named Nick Staniforth. I bought his video, definitely worth the money. Also, definitely let me know about last night's I am kind of eager to know what he did. God Bless
Christie_M Posted August 4, 2005 Posted August 4, 2005 [quote name='inDEED' date='Aug 4 2005, 02:12 PM'] He DID have oxegyn, right? Was it a small tank? Details, woman...DETAILS!!! [right][snapback]672060[/snapback][/right] [/quote] he had oxygen. but like 5 hours into it the filtration system failed and the water got hot and he got all prunny.It was bi gnough for him to move around in.
inDEED Posted August 5, 2005 Author Posted August 5, 2005 [quote name='Christie_M' date='Aug 4 2005, 01:25 PM']he had oxygen. but like 5 hours into it the filtration system failed and the water got hot and he got all prunny.It was bi gnough for him to move around in. [right][snapback]672076[/snapback][/right] [/quote] OH YEAH! I think I remember that!! Crazy...
Christie_M Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 There was also thes one time where he was pulling a string out of his skin! some lady got freaked out and ran with her kid..lol
inDEED Posted August 5, 2005 Author Posted August 5, 2005 [quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Aug 4 2005, 01:17 PM']Also, definitely let me know about last night's I am kind of eager to know what he did. [right][snapback]672066[/snapback][/right] [/quote] The other night's episode was okay... He had piercings put in his back and had a helicopter carry him several hundred feet over a desert valley... It was more a feat of strength than an magic trick... You know, the ONE thing that's getting old is how before every trick (or feat), his family is all saying that this is the most dangerous act and then he has to stop for a second to "recoup" and "focus"...I can do without all that carp...
inDEED Posted August 5, 2005 Author Posted August 5, 2005 [quote name='Christie_M' date='Aug 5 2005, 07:41 AM']There was also thes one time where he was pulling a string out of his skin! some lady got freaked out and ran with her kid..lol [right][snapback]673076[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Theologian in Training Posted August 8, 2005 Posted August 8, 2005 (edited) [quote name='inDEED' date='Aug 8 2005, 01:09 PM']Bump for Theo... [right][snapback]676972[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Thanks. I missed that epsiode, and have not seen any indication that it will be on again. They do like repeating that wine barrely escape, which I was not too impressed with, but I am still curious to see the one I missed. Not so much the hanging on his back from a helicopter as much as the effects he did preceding that. BTW, what were some of the things he did? BTW, if you go to the ellusionist site they are highlighting some new magician who seems pretty good. His name is Daniel Garcia and his effects are pretty cool. God Bless Edited August 8, 2005 by Theologian in Training
goldenchild17 Posted August 8, 2005 Posted August 8, 2005 Dude that show is the best! I was starting to think it wasn't the best idea to watch it(seemed kinda demonic at first) but... it's cool.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now