Seatbelt Blue Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 I've forgotten how hard it is to become a part of a message board community, to break through the barrier that invariably develops. I've been a part of the Zboard.net community for over a year, but I don't remember it being quite this hard to get in. Maybe I'm just projecting my current status there back onto the past. I don't know. But, here, I've tried posting here before, but, invariably, what I post goes unnoticed, and remains without reply. I've always wanted to be a part of, well, a Catholic community. I'm a convert in a largely protestant area, and while I do have Catholic friends, I also like to keep up the Catholic in my Internet life, and it's awfully hard to do when no one is talking to you. I guess this is just pointless whining. I'm 19; I should be past the "whaaaa, pay attention" stuff, but apparently, I'm not. But it's pointless to post if no one posts back.
Dave Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 Hey, I know where you're coming from. I felt that way at one time myself. But all I can say is don't give up. We love you and want you to stay! And besides, having no responses to something you post happens to EVERYONE on here at one time or another!
littleflower+JMJ Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 yup. we love everyone. we read everything. but not always post. we care. we're phamily. stay. im a middle child, i know everything about getting ignored. like dave said, it happens to all of us. your such a cool guy seatbelt blue....we luv ya!!
jmjtina Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 im a middle child, i know everything about getting ignored. correction you know how NOT to get ignored. :lol:
Uncle Gus Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 Okay, perhaps a slight adjustment of attitude will help (and I mean this genuinely, despite how bad that sounds ). What I mean is this: why are you posting here? Is it more because you want to get something out of it? Instead of thinking what you can get out of this board by posting here, try to think of what you can contribute, then you won't fail to be satisfied. :)
God Conquers Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 I am replying! You've got mail! Just join in the discussion. PS if you say something controversial, people WILL reply, mwahahaha
BLAZEr Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 (edited) Oh, quit your whining and go sit in the corner!! JUST KIDDING!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!! :wub: :wub: I only started on Phatmass two months ago, but I post like Kellog's! (I'm also notorious for bad jokes i.e. Kellog's Post Cereal!) So, welcome to Phatmass . . . BTW, if you want a response . . . just ask Hyperdulia and Ironmonk how its done! (Hyper, Monk! I love you guys!) Edited November 19, 2003 by BLAZEr
foundsheep Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 I get ignored all the time. I just keep posting till I annoy Blazer.
PedroX Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 Don't worry about being ignored. I'm always ignored. It happens. No one ever gets Blazer's jokes. Everyone at some point gets mad at IronMonk. Hyper is either very happy or very sad. C'mom always has to put us back in line. Don Juan and I are always clamoring for a monarchy (strange how Kilroy never joins in that). Donna and I are always just a shade more traditional than everyone else. Mulls is always being a protestant. Flowery, Lil Red Devil and JMJ Tina are always baking cakes and wanting attention. Jake only posts from work. Anna and Ice Princess always take the same side in everything. I could go on, but basically all of that to say we're pretty dysfunctional, often wrong, but always entertaining. I never meant to even post the first time, it just sort of happened. peace..
SkinRock Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 I've only been here for 5 minutes, and so far everyone has been cool. I'm sure it's all a misunderstanding. I doubt anyone would be left out in the cold by the people that come here. And look, you have nearly a dozen replies already!
foundsheep Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 Don't worry about being ignored. I'm always ignored. It happens. No one ever gets Blazer's jokes. Everyone at some point gets mad at IronMonk. Hyper is either very happy or very sad. C'mom always has to put us back in line. Don Juan and I are always clamoring for a monarchy (strange how Kilroy never joins in that). Donna and I are always just a shade more traditional than everyone else. Mulls is always being a protestant. Flowery, Lil Red Devil and JMJ Tina are always baking cakes and wanting attention. Jake only posts from work. Anna and Ice Princess always take the same side in everything. I could go on, but basically all of that to say we're pretty dysfunctional, often wrong, but always entertaining. I never meant to even post the first time, it just sort of happened. peace.. :lol:
dUSt Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 I always get ignored, and it's my website. If you want, we can start banning people who ignore us. Your in my world now grandma. Okay--that didn't make sense, but I like quoting lines from Happy Gilmore.
hyperdulia again Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 *starts laughing uncontrollably* *runs away in tears*
BLAZEr Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 I always get ignored, and it's my website. If you want, we can start banning people who ignore us. Your in my world now grandma. Okay--that didn't make sense, but I like quoting lines from Happy Gilmore. Did somebody say something??
Good Friday Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 So, welcome to Phatmass . . . BTW, if you want a response . . . just ask Hyperdulia and Ironmonk how its done! Don't worry about being ignored. I'm always ignored. It happens. No one ever gets Blazer's jokes. Everyone at some point gets mad at IronMonk. Hyper is either very happy or very sad. C'mom always has to put us back in line. Don Juan and I are always clamoring for a monarchy (strange how Kilroy never joins in that). Donna and I are always just a shade more traditional than everyone else. Mulls is always being a protestant. Flowery, Lil Red Devil and JMJ Tina are always baking cakes and wanting attention. Jake only posts from work. Anna and Ice Princess always take the same side in everything. No GOOD FRIDAY?! C'mon, don't I do enough to get attention around these parts??? Before there was Hyper, there was Speechless -- who was never quite so Speechless. Yes, Speechless, strange visitor from another planet, able to scare traditionalists off with a single post! (That was my original occupation when I came to PM -- and Speechless221 was my original user name). And hey, I was here before most of those people you mentioned up there! I'm just kidding, of course. Welcome to the phorum, Seatbelt and Skin. We're all insane.
Joyful Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 Hi Seatbelt! I know how you feel, but you can learn so much from these people that it's totally worth it. I posted a lot this summer and I don't think most people here could tell you one thing about me, but I can tell you a thousand things I've learned from them and that makes it worth while. I hope that I've helped out a little too. It's so funny because I can totally remember the first time hyper replied to something I said.... It was one of those "whoa" moments, you know? HYPER, the Hyper, the notorious hyper, replying to something I said. Big moment. :wub: The funny thing is~ it was just that silly word association game! It was still a big deal. :D
Good Friday Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 It's so funny because I can totally remember the first time hyper replied to something I said.... It was one of those "whoa" moments, you know? HYPER, the Hyper, the notorious hyper, replying to something I said. Big moment. "When you're a celebrity, it's adios reality..."
Good Friday Posted November 19, 2003 Posted November 19, 2003 Me too! Then again, I love most kinds of music, with very few exceptions. But country music ranks right up there as one of my faves, if not my favorite.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now