Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Seatbelt Blue - What's the deal with your avatar of Skeletor and the Pope? It's kinda freaky. Makes me think he is being abducted. It's weird to think of the Pope being held captive in Snake Mountain. Where's He-Man when you need him?

Seatbelt Blue
Posted

Marielapin and Seatbelt Blue need to practice their French more; I noticed a ton of errors in their posts!  :lol:

Probably. I'm quite out of practice.

Posted

Marielapin and Seatbelt Blue need to practice their French more; I noticed a ton of errors in their posts!  :lol:

Yeah, I'm so rusty in speaking and writing French its horrible, I'm so ashamed. But I can't use Babel Fish as a crutch at work. It's been five or six years since the last time I even read, spoke or read French consistently. I used to be fluent. You know what they say about practice making perfect - I couldn't even think of the right verb for "to write". How sad! :(

Posted

I get ignored all the time, but I keep coming back. (not sure why, oh yeah, cause I love you guys!!!!!! ;) )

cmotherofpirl
Posted

hi megrc :D

Posted

I need to brush up as well.... I don't even speak french to my french friends!!!

The one good thing about french people though..... deep down they're all Catholic!

Posted

I've forgotten how hard it is to become a part of a message board community, to break through the barrier that invariably develops.  I've been a part of the Zboard.net community for over a year, but I don't remember it being quite this hard to get in. Maybe I'm just projecting my current status there back onto the past. I don't know.

But, here, I've tried posting here before, but, invariably, what I post goes unnoticed, and remains without reply. I've always wanted to be a part of, well, a Catholic community. I'm a convert in a largely protestant area, and while I do have Catholic friends, I also like to keep up the Catholic in my Internet life, and it's awfully hard to do when no one is talking to you.

I guess this is just pointless whining. I'm 19; I should be past the "whaaaa, pay attention" stuff, but apparently, I'm not.

But it's pointless to post if no one posts back.

you know, it DOES happen to all of us. And while sometimes people don't respond to posts, many people are reading and praying. :) It took me a long time to think of it that way. Sometimes I still get ignored. <_< Course that might be cuz sometimes my topics are a little off the wall. :P

Posted

Don't worry about being ignored.  I'm always ignored.  It happens.  No one ever gets Blazer's jokes.  Everyone at some point gets mad at IronMonk.  Hyper is either very happy or very sad.  C'mom always has to put us back in line.  Don Juan and I are always clamoring for a monarchy (strange how Kilroy never joins in that).  Donna and I are always just a shade more traditional than everyone else.  Mulls is always being a protestant.  Flowery, Lil Red Devil and JMJ Tina are always baking cakes and wanting attention.  Jake only posts from work.  Anna and Ice Princess always take the same side in everything. 

I could go on, but basically all of that to say we're pretty dysfunctional, often wrong, but always entertaining.  I never meant to even post the first time, it just sort of happened.

peace..

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: PedroX, this was a HILARIOUS post!!!!!

But I don't have any idea what you're talking about, wanting attention all the time! :o I'm shocked. J/K. :P

Posted

Don't worry about being ignored.  I'm always ignored.  It happens.  No one ever gets Blazer's jokes.  Everyone at some point gets mad at IronMonk.  Hyper is either very happy or very sad.  C'mom always has to put us back in line.  Don Juan and I are always clamoring for a monarchy (strange how Kilroy never joins in that).  Donna and I are always just a shade more traditional than everyone else.  Mulls is always being a protestant.  Flowery, Lil Red Devil and JMJ Tina are always baking cakes and wanting attention.  Jake only posts from work.  Anna and Ice Princess always take the same side in everything. 

I could go on, but basically all of that to say we're pretty dysfunctional, often wrong, but always entertaining.  I never meant to even post the first time, it just sort of happened.

peace..

Dude. I never make a list. And here I thought we were buds.

Posted

Did somebody say something??

i heard faint whispering! I don't know what it was though!

Posted

It's so funny because I can totally remember the first time hyper replied to something I said.... It was one of those "whoa" moments, you know? HYPER, the Hyper, the notorious hyper, replying to something I said. Big moment.  :wub:

The funny thing is~ it was just that silly word association game! It was still a big deal.

:D

I remember that too! Well, I mean, the first time hyper posted something to me! it was like, "Whoa! :o " :wub: :wub: :wub:

Posted

Addition to my previous list...

Whenever we feel like getting rude, or out of hand, we fear the Velvet Hammer (Azriel) comming down upon us. Or, at least we should.

Thanks Az, didn't mean to overlook you. Of course we're buds, who else believes in mannerly debate?

peace...

Posted

Addition to my previous list...

Whenever we feel like getting rude, or out of hand, we fear the Velvet Hammer (Azriel) comming down upon us.  Or, at least we should.

Thanks Az, didn't mean to overlook you.  Of course we're buds, who else believes in mannerly debate?

peace...

Now I know you know that I was teasing. :P

Me? People should fear me?

Nah.... :blink:

Thanks Pedro....you are a gentleman and scholar. :wub:

Posted

"hammer time" na na na na na na na na can't touch that (subject)

Theologian in Training
Posted

Well, given the amount of newbies, it is easier for any post to get lost in the midst of the many other posts. Now, the trick is to come up with creative or controversial topics, and you will be sure to have more than one reply

Of course, humility is a virtue, and maybe God is helping those that are neglected be a little more humble ;)

God Bless

Posted

Hey Seatbelt....I haven't been able to post b/c my comp power supply was out so I used to get on at work, but I haven't been at the same store all week.....Don't worry, I feel ya....if ya ever wanna talk you can email me, IM me or PM me!! I'm 18, just chillen b/c my college screwed me over so I'm working alot but I'm usually online on Monday & Wednesday during the day and then most likely every night.!!!

Posted
OK, ya big baby . . . three pages. Ya happy now???? :P:P :P
Posted

hahaha... blazer...

Seatbelt Blue
Posted

OK, ya big baby . . . three pages.  Ya happy now???? :P  :P  :P

Quite.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...