musturde Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 Al Qaeda is now threatening Shi'ite leaders in Lebanon. They're threatening everyone even Muslims.
qfnol31 Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 (edited) I meant nuking. : Nuking has not been a moral option ever... Edited July 28, 2005 by qfnol31
Laudate_Dominum Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 many of the things I saw on those Arab tv shows (mostly Saudi, Iranian, and Jordanian) included insane attacks toward and lies about the Church and the Pope. According to one show the Catholic Church is actually the mastermind behind the west's plot to destroy the Islamic world.
LSW Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 If they attack the Vatican then they're just going to shoot themselves in the foot I think. Everyone will be against then. People will see that they have no legitimate reason to attack us like they claim but only world domination.
homeschoolmom Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 27 2005, 04:41 PM']Remember that we are not Protestants, nor are we pacificists. We believe the body (physical) is sacred and created by God, we believe it to be good, so there is justification there in protecting life from harm. And as we are not pacifists while a Hail Mary will spiritually do more good than an army, a Hail Mary likely will not stop bullets from killing those you love. [right][snapback]661640[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I never said that we were Protestants (not sure what that has to do with anything) or pacifists... I assure you, I am neither. What I am saying is that it upsets me when people argue over what's to be done, when they have no influence to do anything. If you'd like to go kill the enemy why don't you enlist?
musturde Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jul 27 2005, 07:15 PM']many of the things I saw on those Arab tv shows (mostly Saudi, Iranian, and Jordanian) included insane attacks toward and lies about the Church and the Pope. According to one show the Catholic Church is actually the mastermind behind the west's plot to destroy the Islamic world. [right][snapback]661830[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Just curious, what channels?
Joey1976 Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 If they attack Rome, i know Jesus will be coming again soon! Very soon! And evil will be defeated once and for all
Jaime Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 [quote name='StMichael' date='Jul 27 2005, 04:03 PM']I wish it was that simple. As you would be praying they will be plotting. They are satan's army and the last time we went through this there was a queen in spain who sent armies and chased them back allowing christianity to thrive. [right][snapback]661576[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Anyone who believes that prayer is NOT the most powerful weapon in the universe is not paying attention. Hsmom is Hsaying the right things.
Brother Adam Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 27 2005, 10:06 PM']I never said that we were Protestants (not sure what that has to do with anything) or pacifists... I assure you, I am neither. What I am saying is that it upsets me when people argue over what's to be done, when they have no influence to do anything. If you'd like to go kill the enemy why don't you enlist? [right][snapback]661901[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Maybe I've already tried but have been rejected due to reasons outside of my control. And there is nothing wrong with talking about what is to be done even if we don't make the decisions. It's called free speech.
Frankencow Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 If terrorists so much knock a statue over in the Vatican, I'm going to start my basic training early and get crusader on their Moslem ragtop. ->
homeschoolmom Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 [quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 28 2005, 08:57 AM']Maybe I've already tried but have been rejected due to reasons outside of my control. And there is nothing wrong with talking about what is to be done even if we don't make the decisions. It's called free speech. [right][snapback]662322[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Free speech is fine and dandy. I have no problem with that. But spouting off doesn't effect change. Prayer does. At least Catholics believe it does... How do you expect to evacuate all of the innocent Iraqis before you bomb them?
musturde Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 28 2005, 09:13 AM']Free speech is fine and dandy. I have no problem with that. But spouting off doesn't effect change. Prayer does. At least Catholics believe it does... How do you expect to evacuate all of the innocent Iraqis before you bomb them? [right][snapback]662343[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Honestly, I'd rather have them jailed 3 stories underground. That way they might somehow miraculously change... or escape lol.
Brother Adam Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 28 2005, 10:13 AM']Free speech is fine and dandy. I have no problem with that. But spouting off doesn't effect change. Prayer does. At least Catholics believe it does... How do you expect to evacuate all of the innocent Iraqis before you bomb them? [right][snapback]662343[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Of course it does, but that doesn't mean we are not allowed to talk about it either.
homeschoolmom Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 Please stop insinuating that I advocate censorship... This is not the first thread in which you do so. You can talk about it all you want... Shout "Nuke Iraq" from the rooftops... I don't care. I'm just suggesting that if people spent as much time praying for peace as they do arguing for war, the world would be a better place.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 28 2005, 11:24 AM']Please stop insinuating that I advocate censorship... This is not the first thread in which you do so. You can talk about it all you want... Shout "Nuke Iraq" from the rooftops... I don't care. I'm just suggesting that if people spent as much time praying for peace as they do arguing for war, the world would be a better place. [right][snapback]662383[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I agree...and that means something.
Brother Adam Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 I agree also. I said "Nuke Iraq" once on the beginning of this thread and clarified later. Get over it.
cmotherofpirl Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 Since this is phatmass, I assume everyone is praying for peace and the end of terror and terrorism. There are people out there who think we shold nuke them all, but no one here seriously believes it. Those people need prayed for as well.
Brother Adam Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 I don't actually believe we should 'nuke' anyone. That was never meant to be taken as seriously as it was. When I said that I meant "We need to blow the terrorists and those who mean to kill innocent people off the face of the earth"
desertwoman Posted July 28, 2005 Posted July 28, 2005 I wish we could blow terroists off the face of the earth, but then someone will sympathize with their plight, and they become matyrs and more and more terroists will be born. Its almost like a catch twenty two. What to do?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now