RC_ Posted August 18, 2005 Author Posted August 18, 2005 It's not just "looking the part," it's "being the part." Bronson never seemed comfortable in the role of Bond.
crusader1234 Posted August 18, 2005 Posted August 18, 2005 Oh I agree completely, I just think he looks the part. Roger Moore didn't even come close to looking the part, and he's my favourite along with Connery.
White Knight Posted August 18, 2005 Posted August 18, 2005 [quote name='crusader1234' date='Aug 18 2005, 01:56 AM']Oh I agree completely, I just think he looks the part. Roger Moore didn't even come close to looking the part, and he's my favourite along with Connery. [right][snapback]688690[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Brosnan seemed very comfortable in his previous installment of the Bond films. and He acts way better than Timothy Did.
toledo_jesus Posted August 22, 2005 Posted August 22, 2005 I just saw OHMSS on AMC and I was struck by how Bond was just awful in that one. I am not even a hardcore fan and I was like...Pierce Brosnan is a lot better. I prefer Connery over them all. my ranking Connery Moore Brosnan Dalton Lazenby
Mitchell_b55 Posted March 9, 2008 Posted March 9, 2008 (edited) Sharing the Bond name I have gotten a lot of rap my entire life. "Name?" "Mitchell Bond." "..." "You mean, like Bond, James Bond." "Irritatingly, yes, I do mean that." "Dude! If I were you I would so totally name my son James. Wouldn't that be sweet?" "No." This has not affected the enjoyment garnered from the books. However, I didn't really like any of the actors who have played James Bond, until ― your going to stone me ― Daniel Craig. The most recent instalment in the Bond saga, Casino Royale, is (in my opinion) the most reflective of the gritty, seriousness of author Ian Fleming's novels. That is the wørd from one Bond to another. Edited March 9, 2008 by petrus_scholasticus
T-Bone _ Posted March 9, 2008 Posted March 9, 2008 [quote name='petrus_scholasticus' post='1474536' date='Mar 8 2008, 11:24 PM']This has not affected the enjoyment garnered from the books. However, I didn't really like any of the actors who have played James Bond, until ― your going to stone me ― Daniel Craig. The most recent instalment in the Bond saga, Casino Royale, is (in my opinion) the most reflective of the gritty, seriousness of author Ian Fleming's novels. That is the wørd from one Bond to another.[/quote] I actually liked Craig the best as well. He seemed the most authentic Bond.
Mitchell_b55 Posted March 9, 2008 Posted March 9, 2008 (edited) Finally, someone who agrees with me in this matter. Craig also gives Bond more depth, he isn't just a womaniser, he has reasons, and probably pretty painful ones. I think that Vesper sums it up well when she says, 'You think of women as disposable pleasures, rather than meaningful pursuits.' And I think for the first time in any Bond film you see, in the death of the first woman, and in Vesper's betrayal many of his reasons, albeit immoral and unjustified as they may be. My favourite quote in the whole movie, and it has some very funny material at times, is a comment my snobbish aesthetic sensibilities fully comprehend, when they are in the bedroom and Vesper says, 'There are dinner jackets and dinner jackets; this is the latter. And I need you looking like a man who belongs at that table.' Then James responds, 'How?... It's tailored.' And she promptly says, 'I sized you up the moment we met. ' Maybe, I get more out of that than some people. The whole bit where they analyse each other is really good too, and the torture scene is extremely painful for any man to watch. Edited March 9, 2008 by petrus_scholasticus
Archaeology cat Posted March 9, 2008 Posted March 9, 2008 [quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='688619' date='Aug 18 2005, 05:30 AM']wow - i always felt that Brosnon was the best Bond since Connery and it was my understanding that he was a favorite to take the role before Dalton - but he could not take the role because of contract issues (remington steel)[/quote] Yeah, pretty much how I feel. I didn't like Dalton at all. Roger Moore was alright, but def not my fave.
Justin86 Posted March 9, 2008 Posted March 9, 2008 I hate the new Bond. He's too much of a vigilante for me, and while I don't know how Bond is in the books I'm used to a more loyal, more "God Save the Queen" type Bond that I like better. By the way, I don't think most people know but there was an old Bond movie(I'm not sure who played him) where he actually did get married, but his wife got shot as they were driving away from the wedding. The whole explanation of why Bond is a womanizer made me think of that. *shurgs*
Norseman82 Posted March 9, 2008 Posted March 9, 2008 [quote name='Justin86' post='1474568' date='Mar 9 2008, 09:56 AM']By the way, I don't think most people know but there was an old Bond movie(I'm not sure who played him) where he actually did get married, but his wife got shot as they were driving away from the wedding. The whole explanation of why Bond is a womanizer made me think of that. *shurgs*[/quote] That was the one and only movie with Lazenby.
Church Punk Posted March 10, 2008 Posted March 10, 2008 You forgot Daniel Craig on your list in Casino Royale... I like Connery the best. I think Rodger Moore was the worst... Live and Let die has to be the cheesiest worst Bond made, however inversely with the best opening credit song every produced!!!!
Mitchell_b55 Posted March 10, 2008 Posted March 10, 2008 [quote]You forgot Daniel Craig on your list in Casino Royale[/quote] This thread is from 2005, I think, so that explains a lot. Also, Live and Let Die is certainly cheesy... I mean, voodoo sacrifice? Please.
jeffpugh Posted March 10, 2008 Posted March 10, 2008 (edited) [quote name='petrus_scholasticus' post='1474536' date='Mar 9 2008, 01:24 AM']Sharing the Bond name I have gotten a lot of rap my entire life. "Name?" "Mitchell Bond." "..." "You mean, like Bond, James Bond." "Irritatingly, yes, I do mean that." "Dude! If I were you I would so totally name my son James. Wouldn't that be sweet?" "No." This has not affected the enjoyment garnered from the books. However, I didn't really like any of the actors who have played James Bond, until ― your going to stone me ― Daniel Craig. The most recent instalment in the Bond saga, Casino Royale, is (in my opinion) the most reflective of the gritty, seriousness of author Ian Fleming's novels. That is the wørd from one Bond to another.[/quote] lawl. Interesting that you like the new bond. Casino Royale was pretty good. [quote name='petrus_scholasticus' post='1474543' date='Mar 9 2008, 02:48 AM']Finally, someone who agrees with me in this matter. Craig also gives Bond more depth, he isn't just a womaniser, he has reasons, and probably pretty painful ones. I think that Vesper sums it up well when she says, 'You think of women as disposable pleasures, rather than meaningful pursuits.' And I think for the first time in any Bond film you see, in the death of the first woman, and in Vesper's betrayal many of his reasons, albeit immoral and unjustified as they may be. My favourite quote in the whole movie, and it has some very funny material at times, is a comment my snobbish aesthetic sensibilities fully comprehend, when they are in the bedroom and Vesper says, 'There are dinner jackets and dinner jackets; this is the latter. And I need you looking like a man who belongs at that table.' Then James responds, 'How?... It's tailored.' And she promptly says, 'I sized you up the moment we met. ' Maybe, I get more out of that than some people. The whole bit where they analyse each other is really good too, and the torture scene is extremely painful for any man to watch.[/quote] Yeah... I got a lot out of the sizing up thing. He was somewhat innocent in that movie... just got his wings... been an expert in "-age" for a long while... using his newfound powers to break into Q's place, shoot up an embassy... gave away his name at the desk of the hotel... he had it all... then he lost it and got smart... Anywho, a friend of mine said that that car crash before the "torture" was the most touching ever... [quote name='Church Punk' post='1474715' date='Mar 9 2008, 08:47 PM']You forgot Daniel Craig on your list in Casino Royale... I like Connery the best. I think Rodger Moore was the worst... Live and Let die has to be the cheesiest worst Bond made, however inversely with the best opening credit song every produced!!!![/quote] lullz. Live and Let Die is a favourite Wings song of mine. Check [b][url="http://xkcd.com/123/"]this[/url][/b] out. Edited March 10, 2008 by Sacred Music Man
Ash Wednesday Posted March 10, 2008 Posted March 10, 2008 I always thought Timothy Dalton was horrible. Connery for the win.
T-Bone _ Posted March 10, 2008 Posted March 10, 2008 [quote name='Deb' post='1475018' date='Mar 10 2008, 01:06 PM']Connery and Brosnan.. The rest were just girly men.[/quote] Bronsan was one of the worst for being a girly man.
Socrates Posted March 11, 2008 Posted March 11, 2008 I loved Casino Royale -arguably the best Bond flick of all time, though comparing it to the others is kind of apples and oranges - this movie goes for a more "serious" tone than the old goofy Bond-flicks. Sean Connery is still my hero, though. [quote name='Deb' post='1475018' date='Mar 10 2008, 02:06 PM']Connery and Brosnan.. The rest were just girly men.[/quote] Craig could kick pretty-boy Brosnan's butt anyday. Of course, the real question is who's the hottest Bond-girl?
abercius24 Posted March 13, 2008 Posted March 13, 2008 You forget Peter Sellers in the original 1967 version of Casino Royale. Watch it and you will agree that Mr. Sellers was the absolute WORST James Bond ever!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now