An Old School Catholic Message Board

Calif. Law redefines family

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Jake Huether' date='Aug 24 2005, 01:25 PM']There are heterosexual married couples that would literally die to be able to adopt.
[right][snapback]697217[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Not to derail the thread, but I thought this was hilarious. If they die, how would they adopt? :lol_roll:

hate the sin, love the sinner doesnt mean encourage the sin. /2 cents
i hate the mentality that "you hate us unless you let us to whatever we want"

i also hate that "love" is the reason for most sin like this, and that "love" is ok. right? right? its just LOOOooove. i dont like the mentality that if you are in love you can do whatever the hell you want, cuz hey people have different tastes in love, but its all love.

shing shing.

See, I agree that gay marriage is wrong and that gay parents shouldn't adopt. Even from an evolutionary standpoint, the purpose of male and female is to reproduce and the reason a family is a family is because it has a mother and a father, to attend to the needs respectively. The idea of a family is not to have two people caring for a child, but to have a man and a woman caring for the child.

On that note, I don't see how that CA law changes that. Legal guardians are responsible for the child, whether they be gay or not. If a legal guardian no longer is caring for the child, they should be required to pay child support. If two adults, either male or female, have been declared legal guardians of a child, they have shouldered a responsibilty and they need to keep it just like the parent who has a child then leaves. As everyone knows, sometimes situations in life cause a parent to be forced to raise a child alone. This is not ideal, but it happens. Whether they be gay or not, they need to take care of the job they accepted when they got a child.

[quote name='Mikhail' date='Aug 24 2005, 01:42 PM'] Whether they be gay or not, they need to take care of the job they accepted when they got a child.
[right][snapback]697348[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Bottom line.