Carrie Posted September 6, 2005 Posted September 6, 2005 I remember when Cmom first posted this application. Hysterical!
matt_in_ohio Posted September 7, 2005 Posted September 7, 2005 I'm curious - Has anyone ever actually met and/or dated anyone from this fourm??? I've seen a bunch of dating threads - girls looking for guys, guys looking for girls, etc. And I've seen threads from people complaining about the dating threads So a part of me has to know; does any of this actually work
matt_in_ohio Posted September 7, 2005 Posted September 7, 2005 [quote name='ReinnieR' date='Sep 7 2005, 01:04 AM']i think this is all just fun and games [right][snapback]714008[/snapback][/right] [/quote] That's kind of what I figured. Of course, I would love to meet a nice Catholic girl, settle down, get married and start a family. But I would like to meet that person face-to-face before I made that kind of commitment. Call me old fashioned... :
FlyLikeABird Posted September 7, 2005 Posted September 7, 2005 [quote name='Didacus' date='Sep 6 2005, 11:59 AM']I thiknk the fish as a sig is a nice little touch. well done... (Does God really really really have a sense a humor.... Oh God I hope so....) [right][snapback]713195[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Thanks Didacus : I do try.
missionseeker Posted September 7, 2005 Posted September 7, 2005 Remember Isaac?{God laughed} And did you Konw that at the end of the book of Jonah God says He spared the people cuz they repented "and have much cattle also" ?{now here there should be exclamation points but the numbers dont work}
phatcatholic Posted September 7, 2005 Posted September 7, 2005 [quote name='matt_in_ohio' date='Sep 6 2005, 11:02 PM']I'm curious - Has anyone ever actually met and/or dated anyone from this fourm???[right][snapback]714007[/snapback][/right][/quote] yup!! jennie and micah met thru phatmass. i'm sure many other couples got started that way as well. its a good place to meet people. the actual getting to know someone / courting / dating endeavor usually happens thru instant messenger tho, once people meet thru phatmass.
franciscanheart Posted September 7, 2005 Posted September 7, 2005 [quote name='phatcatholic' date='Sep 7 2005, 02:10 AM']yup!! jennie and micah met thru phatmass. i'm sure many other couples got started that way as well. its a good place to meet people. the actual getting to know someone / courting / dating endeavor usually happens thru instant messenger tho, once people meet thru phatmass. [right][snapback]714129[/snapback][/right] [/quote] what about sweetpea and her bf? micah and jennie havent met though. what about zach and colleen? so far thats three couples that i know of that met through phatmass. and nick and i have met. only we're not dating. so i guess that doesnt count.
franciscanheart Posted October 7, 2005 Posted October 7, 2005 i think ive now counted what... 7 couples? maybe 5 or 6. i forget now.
onathing1 Posted October 7, 2005 Posted October 7, 2005 wow...this is just what my dad needs...he's already thinking of questions for any future boyfriend candidates.
missionseeker Posted October 7, 2005 Posted October 7, 2005 my dad has a way worse thing. It more instructions on how tO ACT NEAR ME AND MY DAUGHTER. iT's about 8 pages. caps locked is so annoying ewhen you don't need it
onathing1 Posted October 7, 2005 Posted October 7, 2005 [quote name='missionseeker' date='Oct 6 2005, 11:17 PM']my dad has a way worse thing. It more instructions on how tO ACT NEAR ME AND MY DAUGHTER. iT's about 8 pages. [right][snapback]749085[/snapback][/right] [/quote] i'll have to make a mental note to NEVER let my dad EVER, even if by chance, meet your dad...that may give my dad more ideas, and he's got enough already, he doesnt need anymore.and he's knows how he's going to act when he meets my future fiance...ever seen father of the bride?
missionseeker Posted October 7, 2005 Posted October 7, 2005 I don't think I've seen Father of the Bride. But If you want to date again/still then you polly shouldn't let your dad meet mine I'm just thankful he lost the list LOL hehehehe
onathing1 Posted October 7, 2005 Posted October 7, 2005 yea well if you dont want your dad to go searching for the list, i'd better keep my dad away from yours.he'll give your dad more ideas, they'll feed off of each others ideas basically and in father of the bride the dads this over-protective psycho who is trying very hard to keep his daughter from marrying this guy...it's extremely funny, rent it sometime.
franciscanheart Posted October 7, 2005 Posted October 7, 2005 [quote name='phatcatholic' date='Aug 30 2005, 03:47 AM']i aint skerrrrred 1. NAME: Nicholas Joseph Hardesty_____DATE OF BIRTH: 5-14-80 2. HEIGHT: 6'0"_____WEIGHT: 135_____ I.Q: I don't know, but I speculate that it is two standard deviations from the mean_____ G.P.A.: High School: 3.5, Undergrad: 3.76, Grad: 3.9 3. SOCIAL SECURITY # and DRIVERS LICENSE #: I'll pm you 4. BOY SCOUT RANK: Webelos (highest cub scout rank, I participated when i was a young lad) 5. HOME ADDRESS: I'll pm you _____CITY/STATE: Louisville, KY_____ZIP: 40207 6. Do you have one MALE and one FEMALE parent? Yes 7. Number of years your parents have been married: 27 8. Do you own a van? No_____A truck with oversized tires? No_____ A waterbed? No_____ Do you have an earring, nose ring, or belly button ring? No 9. In 50 words or less, what does "LATE" mean to you? Not being precisely on time 10. In 50 words or less, what does "DON'T TOUCH MY DAUGHTER" mean to you? It means envisioning that our Blessed Mother is with us whenever I am with her. 11. In 50 words or less, what does 'ABSTINENCE" mean to you? See answer to #10 12. Church you attend: Holy Spirit parish_____How often do you attend: Weekly 13. When would be the best time to interview your father, mother and priest/rabbi/minister? Whenever you like 14. Answer by filling in the blank: please answer freely. ALL answers are confidential (That means I won't tell anyone-ever-I promise.) a) If I were shot the last place on my body I would want wounded is: my brain. B) If I were beaten, the last bone I would want broken is my: skull c) A woman's place is in the: deepest recesses of my heart d) The one thing I hope this application does not ask me about is: my insecurities e) When I first meet a girl, the first thing I notice about her is her: talents? aspirations? (do i still have to slither away? ) seriously tho, it is her warmth, how open she is to having my company. ( NOTE: If your answer begins with "T" or "A", discontinue. Leave premises keeping your head low and running in a serpentine fashion is advised.) 15. What do you want to be IF you grow up? a teacher, counselor, and theologian I SWEAR THAT ALL INFORMATION SUPPLIED ABOVE IS TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE UNDER PENALTY OF DEATH, DISMEMBERMENT, NATIVE AMERICAN ANT TORTURE, ELECTROCUTION, CHINESE WATER TORTURE, RED HOT POKERS, AND HILLARY CLINTON KISS TORTURE. Nicholas Joseph Hardesty_____Signature ( That means your name, moron) [right][snapback]704850[/snapback][/right] [/quote] you know... thinking back.... this looks a lot like the application my parents demanded for being my friend
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted October 7, 2005 Posted October 7, 2005 APPLICATION FOR PERMISSION TO DATE MY DAUGHTER NOTE: This application will be incomplete and rejected unless accompanied by a complete financial statement job history, lineage, and current medical report from your doctor. 1. NAME [u] Benjamin Isaac Rogers [/u] DATE OF BIRTH [u]the fifth of July in the year of our Lord nineteen hundred and eighty two[/u] 2. HEIGHT [u]5' 10"[/u] WEIGHT [u]155 lbs.[/u] I.Q [u] I don't know pretty high though[/u] G.P.A. [u]3.5 [/u] I have blue eyes if you wanna know that too. 3. SOCIAL SECURITY # [u]I'll tell you mine when you tell me yours [/u] DRIVERS LICENSE # [u]same as SS#[/u] 4. BOY SCOUT RANK [u]Arrow of Light, Eagle Scout with two palms, Venturing outdoor Bronze award. I'm also a Vigil Honor member Kansa Lodge #198 of the Order of the arrow serving as a past Chapter Chief, Lodge Chief, and Section Chief and receving the founders award (If you understand all of that well you already know how great I am)[/u] 5. HOME ADDRESS [u]Carriage House [/u]CITY/STATE [u]Topeka, KS[/u] ZIP [u]66609 [/u] 6. Do you have one MALE and one FEMALE parent? [u]Yes.[/u] If No., EXPLAIN ___________________________________________________ 7. Number of years your parents have been married [u]30[/u] 8. Do you own a van? [u]No.[/u] A truck with oversized tires? [u]No.[/u] A waterbed? [u]No.[/u] Do you have an earring, nose ring, or belly button ring? A tattoo[u]No.[/u] (If "yes" to any of #8, discontinue application and leave premises ) 9. In 50 words or less, what does "LATE" mean to you? [u]anytime that results in my being injured[/u] 10. In 50 words or less, what does "DON'T TOUCH MY DAUGHTER" mean to you? [u]I will stay outside of an arms length away at all times unless chaparoned, and then with only watchful eyes on me should I dare to enter within such distance[/u] 11. In 50 words or less, what does 'ABSTINENCE" mean to you? [u]You mean like no meat on Fridays? I actually find it a good time of sacrifice to bring me closer to God.[/u] 12. Church you attend [u]Most Pure Heart of Mary and Catholic Campus Center at Washburn university[/u] How often do you attend [u]3-4 times a week[/u] 13. When would be the best time to interview your father, mother and priest/rabbi/minister? [u]how about tonight during diner, my treat[/u] 14. Answer by filling in the blank: please answer freely. ALL answers are confidential (That means I won't tell anyone-ever-I promise.) a) If I were shot the last place on my body If I should be shot, I would accept it in any location except that which would kill me, so in other words i would lift up my sorrows for the souls in purgatory if you let me live [/u] b) If I were beaten, the last bone I would want broken is my [u]please see above answer[/u] c) A woman's place is [s]in the[/s] [u]happiness which brings her closer to Christ[u] d) The one thing I hope this application does not ask me about is [u]What is beatiful about your daughter's personality it would take too long. Not that any ammount of time would be too long to think about the wonderfulness which is your daughter. I just think you like short answers, because of the fifty words or less bussiness from earlier. Oops have I gone on to long? Please accept my sincerest apologies, if you chose not to accept it please refer back to the answers given in a and b of this section.[/u] e) When I first meet a girl, the first thing I notice about her is her [u]amazing eyes, tis the gateway to the soul[/u] ( NOTE: If your answer begins with "T" or "A", discontinue. Leave premises keeping your head low and running in a serpentine fashion is advised.) PLEASE DON"T KILL ME!!! LET ME FINISH I MIGHT MAKE IT UP TO YOU 15. What do you want to be IF you grow up? [u]This application is really making me lean even more to the priesthood[/u] I SWEAR THAT ALL INFORMATION SUPPLIED ABOVE IS TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE UNDER PENALTY OF DEATH, DISMEMBERMENT, NATIVE AMERICAN ANT TORTURE, ELECTROCUTION, CHINESE WATER TORTURE, RED HOT POKERS, AND HILLARY CLINTON KISS TORTURE. [u]Benjamin I Rogers[/u] Signature ( That means your name, moron) Thank you for your interest Please allow four to six years for processing. You will be notified in writing you are approved. Please do not try to call or write (since you probably can't and it would cause you injury.) if your application is rejected, you will be notified by two gentlemen wearing white ties and carrying violin cases. (You might want to watch your back) [right][snapback]705022[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
jmjtina Posted October 7, 2005 Author Posted October 7, 2005 (edited) [quote]15. What do you want to be IF you grow up? [u][b]This application is really making me lean even more to the priesthood[/b][/u][/quote] Edited October 7, 2005 by jmjtina
crusader1234 Posted October 7, 2005 Posted October 7, 2005 I'd just like to know how people are coming up with their IQ scores. Three people over 160? Really?
jmjtina Posted October 7, 2005 Author Posted October 7, 2005 [quote name='crusader1234' date='Oct 6 2005, 10:52 PM']I'd just like to know how people are coming up with their IQ scores. Three people over 160? Really? [right][snapback]749199[/snapback][/right] [/quote] they are trying to impress parents.....but I don't think lying to them is an honorable attribute either!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now