An Old School Catholic Message Board

RUDY GULLIANI

Krush2k2

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Oct 2 2005, 08:29 AM']didn't she run already?
[right][snapback]743583[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I think she ran in the primaries in 2000. I am not sure, but I am pretty sure she did run but lost out in the primaries.

Condi, like Rudy, is described as "mildly pro-choice."

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Oct 2 2005, 02:28 AM']core values? you truly believe the republican party has "core values."  :lol_roll: you kid yourself, the republican party continues moving left. Liberal immigration, welfare, social security,  HUGE government.  what core values are you talking about :pinch:  :ohno:
[right][snapback]743463[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

hey - i said the "core values [i]of the drivers of the party[/i]"
... i meant the people who donate and vote the primaries... the ones who are primarily pro-life conservatives, and we would not support blantent anti-life candidates like rudi and McCain
also - many people (esp the liberal Dem pundits) under-estimate the Christian vote

i also know about the "core values" of many Republican politicians - and these knuckle-heads need a big slap upside the head --- naturally spending and borders/immigration will be big issues come 2008

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='dspen2005' date='Oct 2 2005, 11:48 AM']no offense... but are you on crack???
there is no way condi Rice will get the nomination -- 1) she's black, 2) she's a woman -- this country, IMHO, is not ready for a president who would make precedent on 2 arenas.
[right][snapback]743645[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[img]http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/fotos/rice_boots.gif[/img]

c'mon yall
you don’t think America is ready for this?
she's smart, way more capable than Hillary (the inevitable Dem 2008 candidate), articulate, and she looks ready to kick ass.
As long as she is runs the campaign leaders instead of letting the campaign leaders run her (like Bob Dole did) she would rock the campaign 2008 and be a hell of a president

I want Santorum... please God let Santorum get the nomination!

the best convincing factor to get the republicans to nominate santorum is the possibility that he could take Pennsylvania...which would be a major victory.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Oct 5 2005, 10:20 AM']he could take Pennsylvania...which would be a major victory.
[right][snapback]746784[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
true, that :D:

[quote name='dUSt' date='Oct 5 2005, 09:35 AM']Jeb Bush!
[right][snapback]746793[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That is my thought too.

Unless the current user-of-the-surname tarnishes it too badly.

Heh, off topic, but I love Condi's boots! I like her coat too! I have a thing for boots and long, black coats. :cool: Just like what I'm wearing today.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Dreamweaver' date='Oct 5 2005, 11:23 AM']Heh, off topic, but I love Condi's boots! I like her coat too! I have a thing for boots and long, black coats.  :cool: Just like what I'm wearing today.
[right][snapback]746842[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
hell yes! um... pics?

1337 k4th0l1x0r

I for one am uncertain of who will win the next presidency and control Congress in the coming years. While the Democratic Party has pretty much alienated itself from conservatives on a national level, the Republican Party is starting to do the same. I haven't been all that impressed with the conservative credentials of Bush's latest nominee and we definitely haven't entered an era of small government. I like the tax cuts they've implemented, but thanks to pork barrel spending and highway projects such as the "bridge to nowhere," they haven't reduced the national debt. And for those of you who don't think the national debt is a real problem, just wait until what economists in the future will term "the foreclosure on America" happens. That and if Bush's appointees to the Supreme Court turn out to keep Roe v. Wade the status quo for years to come, then the Republicans will lose a lot of support. I'm expecting a major Christian political party to come into existence in the next 15 years.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Oct 5 2005, 12:16 PM'] I'm expecting a major Christian political party to come into existence in the next 15 years.
[right][snapback]746882[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

huh- i like to predict that the Democratic party will bow out and die in the next 15 years ... or i would like to think so...
they could easily be replaced by the Libertarian Party, i think