Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who voted that kissing is wrong


Recommended Posts

Posted

why on earth is kissing wrong? :unsure:

Posted

Two non-married persons sticking their tongues in each other's mouth.

I think the real question is why on earth is kissing right?

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='Era Might' date='Sep 12 2005, 11:35 AM']Two non-married persons sticking their tongues in each other's mouth.

I think the real question is why on earth is kissing right?
[right][snapback]720473[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah, I'd like to know when this became the definition of kissing...

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 12 2005, 11:37 AM']Yeah, I'd like to know when this became the definition of kissing...
[right][snapback]720479[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The question was in the context of a girlfriend.

When most people talk about "kissing" a girlfriend, they don't mean the peck-on-the-cheek you give your mother. They mean "french-kissing".

If that's not what he meant, then I stand corrected.

Edited by Era Might
Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='Era Might' date='Sep 12 2005, 11:39 AM']The question was in the context of a girlfriend.

When most people talk about "kissing" a girlfriend, they don't mean the peck-on-the-cheek you give your mother. They mean "french-kissing".

If that's not what he meant, then I stand corrected.
[right][snapback]720482[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I think that's wholely out of line. I doubt very, very much that he meant french-kissing.

I won't french kiss (again :saint:) until I'm married.

This isn't the mainstream world...this is PM..."kissing" can safely be assumed to be fully external with the tongues staying internal in the vast majority of cases...and since that can be safely assumed, if anyone means anything else, I'd consider it the norm to state the distinction.

Posted

I am all for saving kissing for the wedding day and beyond. There are plenty of ways to show that you care for a girl without kissing her. And if you do end up breaking up, you have given away something you can't give to any other girl, especially the one you end up marrying. I just think, in short, that you can really go wrong kissing before marriage, but you CAN'T go wrong waiting.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Raphael' date='Sep 12 2005, 11:42 AM']This isn't the mainstream world...this is PM..."kissing" can safely be assumed to be fully external with the tongues staying internal in the vast majority of cases...and since that can be safely assumed, if anyone means anything else, I'd consider it the norm to state the distinction.
[right][snapback]720485[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, we obviously have different assumptions. Perhaps Eddie would like to clear this up.

I took the question itself to be about french-kissing, because it seems obvious enough to me that pecking someone on the cheek is fine. I can't see any Catholic needing to ask a question about that.

Edited by Era Might
Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='Totus Tuus' date='Sep 12 2005, 10:45 AM']I am all for saving kissing for the wedding day and beyond. There are plenty of ways to show that you care for a girl without kissing her. And if you do end up breaking up, you have given away something you can't give to any other girl, especially the one you end up marrying. I just think, in short, that you can really go wrong kissing before marriage, but you CAN'T go wrong waiting.
[right][snapback]720489[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:notworthy:

Amen. :)

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

I should also say for the record that I do not think that kissing on the lips is bad, but that it can lead to bad things and so should be brief and come from a well-examined heart.

Posted

Oh good lord here we go again

*lil girl 4 jesus*
Posted

lol....

Posted

Ahem. I'm all for kissing. There was a girl I went to college with who didn't kiss her fiance until their wedding day. I could never understand that. Kissing is fun, and I don't think you give up your purity by kissing someone, even (*gasp*) [i]french[/i] kissing.

Posted

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 12 2005, 01:33 PM']Ahem. I'm all for kissing. There was a girl I went to college with who didn't kiss her fiance until their wedding day. I could never understand that. Kissing is fun, and I don't think you give up your purity by kissing someone, even (*gasp*) [i]french[/i] kissing.
[right][snapback]720552[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I have to agree.

*lil girl 4 jesus*
Posted

i agree^^

i could never bring myself to frenchkiss someone other then my spouse thoguh...... i thikn outside of marriage its pretty wrong....

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 12 2005, 12:33 PM']Ahem. I'm all for kissing. There was a girl I went to college with who didn't kiss her fiance until their wedding day. I could never understand that. Kissing is fun, and I don't think you give up your purity by kissing someone, even (*gasp*) [i]french[/i] kissing.
[right][snapback]720552[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I think it's case by case. Some of us have decided not to kiss, others to kiss, but not to French kiss. I could not handle it.

I think that in the vast majority if not all cases, French kissing would be unacceptable outside of marriage because of what it does (at least to men)...and since the natural end toward which it arouses is sex...

It is very hard for men. Recall that our timing is a lot faster. A LOT faster. If something is arousing, then it's preparing the body for sex, and to do that to the body without actually going further, at least for the male, is really hard.

However, I think that there are some things that are appropriate before marriage...while I admire those who hold onto it, it is a fun and loving thing to do and can be completely chaste...and it's not something intrinsically bound up in marriage (because you don't just kiss your wife, but certainly the things particular to marriage you don't do with others)...therefore, I think it's entirely acceptable to kiss outside of marriage, so long as it's not a passionate kiss that arouses.

This is something that couples need to discuss and decide on.

Posted

I have french-kissed boys who I know I'm not going to marry. That's not at all on the list of behaviors I regret engaging in.

However, please don't base your behavior on my opinion. If you feel it's wrong for you to kiss someone in that way before you're married, then don't do it.

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 12 2005, 12:40 PM']I have french-kissed boys who I know I'm not going to marry. That's not at all on the list of behaviors I regret engaging in.

However, please don't base your behavior on my opinion. If you feel it's wrong for you to kiss someone in that way before you're married, then don't do it.
[right][snapback]720564[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

At the very least, I don't encourage French kissing anyone you're not planning on marrying, lol...French kissing arouses...a LOT...at least males. There isn't a man alive who could French kiss without that reaction.

Posted

I believe we now call it "Freedom Kissing"

Posted (edited)

For those of you who *have* freedom-kissed, can you explain to me what is so appealing about it? It seems so arbitrarily pointless. What do you get out of sticking your tongue in someone else's mouth, except a passionate exchange?

Edited by Era Might

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...