Didacus Posted September 26, 2005 Posted September 26, 2005 Why I butchered a bear just this saturday. My friend was bear baiting around his house (and no, it is not illegal in Canada) and shot his bear some 30 feet away from his home (he lives in the bush). Two year old female... smelly but tasty! hmmmmmm I see bears in their natural habitat all the time. this time of year every trip to the dump reveals the presence of two three sometimes four bears and sometimes, yes they do come within 15 feet. They sit there and wait for you to empty your truck, and once you ride off they pick through your garbage (and no, that's not illegal, once you throw your garbage at the dump it becomes public propety). Bears are well trained in my part of the world!
Carrie Posted September 26, 2005 Posted September 26, 2005 [quote name='Didacus' date='Sep 26 2005, 12:18 PM']Why I butchered a bear just this saturday. [right][snapback]737776[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Jaime Posted September 26, 2005 Author Posted September 26, 2005 Ugh Bears do not taste good at all. Mental note: Never eat at Didacus's house ever!!
Cow of Shame Posted September 26, 2005 Posted September 26, 2005 (edited) [quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 26 2005, 10:00 AM']bear baiting isn't illegal in Canada. Pointless, yes. Illegal, I don't think so. [right][snapback]737750[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Pointless? I'd never call it pointless. Seems like the best way to guarantee you'll bag one. So, you're basically neck deep in bears up there & can bait 'em like stray cats, eh? Nice. Edited September 26, 2005 by Cow of Shame
Jaime Posted September 26, 2005 Author Posted September 26, 2005 I'm not a big hunter but it seems that it takes the "sport" out of it when the bear shows up at 1:30 every day for a snickers bar.
Cow of Shame Posted September 26, 2005 Posted September 26, 2005 Hey, some people just like killin' stuff. And for your prey to be *punctual*?! Can't get any better than that, man.
Didacus Posted September 26, 2005 Posted September 26, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 26 2005, 10:28 AM']Ugh Bears do not taste good at all. Mental note: Never eat at Didacus's house ever!! [right][snapback]737784[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Would a side dish of moose interestyou? Beaver with a bowl of blueberries? Wez got plenty-a-rabbits to put in our stew and they don't ask 'what's up doc?' anymore!
Didacus Posted September 26, 2005 Posted September 26, 2005 [quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Sep 26 2005, 10:41 AM']Hey, some people just like killin' stuff. And for your prey to be *punctual*?! Can't get any better than that, man. [right][snapback]737797[/snapback][/right] [/quote] TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN MA!!! Booya!!! I'm luving it!
Carrie Posted September 26, 2005 Posted September 26, 2005 [quote name='Didacus' date='Sep 26 2005, 12:43 PM']Would a side dish of moose interestyou? Beaver with a bowl of blueberries? Wez got plenty-a-rabbits to put in our stew and they don't ask 'what's up doc?' anymore! [right][snapback]737801[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Whatever happened to chicken or beef? I didn't know until this thread that people ate bear.
Jaime Posted September 26, 2005 Author Posted September 26, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Sep 26 2005, 10:45 AM']Whatever happened to chicken or beef? I didn't know until this thread that people ate bear. [right][snapback]737806[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I don't eat anything that would just as soon eat me
Sojourner Posted September 26, 2005 Posted September 26, 2005 [quote name='Carrie' date='Sep 26 2005, 10:45 AM']Whatever happened to chicken or beef? I didn't know until this thread that people ate bear. [right][snapback]737806[/snapback][/right] [/quote] People eat all sorts of things. Some of it is an acquired taste.
Jaime Posted September 26, 2005 Author Posted September 26, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 26 2005, 10:47 AM']People eat all sorts of things. Some of it is an acquired taste. [right][snapback]737810[/snapback][/right] [/quote] like broccoli?
Carrie Posted September 26, 2005 Posted September 26, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 26 2005, 12:47 PM']I don't eat anything that would just as soon eat me [right][snapback]737809[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I think this is a fabulous motto to live by.
Cow of Shame Posted September 26, 2005 Posted September 26, 2005 (edited) Personally, I take it as a sort of dietary pissing contest. Oh, oh...you'd try to eat ME will you? Not if I eat you first! HA! Take that! And that! People will eat pretty much anything. Try checking out what the _Japanese_ think of as food. Those guys have stomachs of steel. Edited September 26, 2005 by Cow of Shame
Sojourner Posted September 26, 2005 Posted September 26, 2005 [quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Sep 26 2005, 10:51 AM']Personally, I take it as a sort of dietary pissing contest. Oh, oh...you'd try to eat ME will you? Not if I eat you first! HA! Take that! And that! People will eat pretty much anything. Try checking out what the _Japanese_ think of as food. Those guys have stomachs of steel. [right][snapback]737817[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Sushi is awesome.
Sojourner Posted September 26, 2005 Posted September 26, 2005 [quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 26 2005, 10:48 AM']like broccoli? [right][snapback]737813[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Broccoli rocks. Particularly when covered in ranch dressing.
Jaime Posted September 26, 2005 Author Posted September 26, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 26 2005, 10:55 AM']Broccoli rocks. Particularly when covered in ranch dressing. [right][snapback]737823[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I also avoid all foods that change the scent of your urine.
Carrie Posted September 26, 2005 Posted September 26, 2005 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Sep 26 2005, 12:55 PM']Sushi is awesome. [right][snapback]737822[/snapback][/right] [/quote] eww [quote]like broccoli?[/quote] eww
Jaime Posted September 26, 2005 Author Posted September 26, 2005 [quote name='T-Bone' date='Sep 26 2005, 11:01 AM']Like coffee? [right][snapback]737833[/snapback][/right] [/quote] BLASPHEMER!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now