An Old School Catholic Message Board

'Devastating behind-the-scenes look' Kerry 2004

Lounge Daddy

[quote]I hear that John Kerry loyalists are kicking themselves for cooperating last year with filmmaker Steve Rosenbaum on "Inside the Bubble," a potentially devastating behind-the-scenes look at the Massachusetts senator's failed presidential campaign.

I'm also told that Hillary Clinton partisans are licking their chops to see the film, which "could end up being the silver bullet that kills Kerry's presidential chances for 2008," says a Lowdown spy.

Kerry spinmeister David Wade - one of the senior staffers who allowed Rosenbaum to film his private moments - tried to dismiss Rosenbaum's effort as "a childish home movie destined to be forgotten."

Wade E-mailed me: "The 20 poor souls subjected to this movie will be reaching for caffeine and begging for old Lamar Alexander tapes on C-Span 2. Michael Moore has nothing to fear. I think the working title was 'The Snore Room.'"

But people who've screened the documentary say it's compelling and revealing.

It features, among other not-ready-for-prime-time moments, Clinton scowling and rolling her eyes over an apparent Kerry gaffe during a presidential debate; Kerry pretending to interview himself and babbling in Italian while waiting for a real interview to begin; Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.) cursing at reporters during a campaign stop, and Kerry message guru Robert Shrum confidently declaring a few days before the 2004 election: "Zogby [a prominent pollster] just announced who's gonna win. Us!"

Shrum told me he personally didn't cooperate with the movie, which captures him on camera only a couple of times.

Asked if he plans to see it, he answered: "Absolutely not."

A press release claims the movie - which won't be shown publicly until Thursday - "turns a harsh but deeply revealing mirror on the campaign ... a disorganized, contentious, self-absorbed team that thought they could win by 'not making mistakes,' and keeping their candidate in the public eye without clarifying a position on anything."

Director Rosenbaum, meanwhile, told me: "I'm a lifelong Democrat and I supported Kerry. I think people will see the film as fair, and maybe searing."[/quote]

[url="http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/349883p-298362c.html"]-- ARTICLE HERE[/url]

i hope there is plenty of Teresa Heinz Kerry... for the comedy :P:

i wonder if the card carrying democrat did this film, in a way - with the hopes that his party doesnt run another campaign like the liberal trainwreck of 2004

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='Sep 26 2005, 06:34 PM']... with the hopes that his party doesnt run another campaign like the liberal trainwreck of 2004
[right][snapback]738366[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:sweat:

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='Sep 26 2005, 06:34 PM'][url="http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/349883p-298362c.html"]-- ARTICLE HERE[/url]

i hope there is plenty of Teresa Heinz Kerry...  for the comedy  :P:

i wonder if the card carrying democrat did this film, in a way - with the hopes that his party doesnt run another campaign like the liberal trainwreck of 2004
[right][snapback]738366[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Oh yes, give us Hillary instead! She's so moderate! <_<

[url="http://www.premiereinteractive.com/cgi-bin/members.cgi?stream=clips/04/10/rsf-2004-b1.wma&site=glennbeck&type=windows_od"]does this link work for anyone - "flashback to election 2004"[/url]
this is a semi-related audio i found :)

Does anyone else think that the new tv series with a woman president is Hollywood trying to soften up the masses on the idea of Hillary running in the next election?

Edited by Cow of Shame

[quote name='son_of_angels' date='Sep 27 2005, 09:32 PM']Hey if you want a conservative to win this year, DONT SUPPORT THIS FILM!!!!

We need Kerry to run so he can lose again.
[right][snapback]739571[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Did I miss something? Is there another election already?

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 27 2005, 10:54 PM']Did I miss something? Is there another election already?
[right][snapback]739588[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
is it like Christmas - even though election year is every other year ... and presidential election is every four
is it like a holiday that we spend a lot of time gearing up for - and we find ourselves thinking "didnt we just do this?" :idontknow:

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='Sep 27 2005, 11:08 PM']is it like Christmas  - even though election year is every other year    ... and presidential election is every four
is it like a holiday that we spend a lot of time gearing up for - and we find ourselves thinking "didnt we just do this?"  :idontknow:
[right][snapback]739653[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
didn't brother adam have that avatar for a good while? I can recall debating that avatar. hehe

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='Sep 27 2005, 11:08 PM']is it like Christmas  - even though election year is every other year    ... and presidential election is every four
is it like a holiday that we spend a lot of time gearing up for - and we find ourselves thinking "didnt we just do this?"  :idontknow:
[right][snapback]739653[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
One of my friends thinks the presidential term should be 6 years, merely so we don't have to suffer through the elections ever four years.