An Old School Catholic Message Board

'Devastating behind-the-scenes look' Kerry 2004

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Sep 28 2005, 03:39 AM']didn't brother adam have that avatar for a good while? I can recall debating that avatar. hehe
[right][snapback]739768[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
your right! so i went back to my old one :mellow:

EcceNovaFacioOmni

[quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Sep 26 2005, 11:49 PM']Does anyone else think that the new tv series with a woman president is Hollywood trying to soften up the masses on the idea of Hillary running in the next election?
[right][snapback]738667[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I've wondered the same thing. I dunno. Seems kind of stupid.

I laugh at that commercial because the show looks terrible.

[quote]Does anyone else think that the new tv series with a woman president is Hollywood trying to soften up the masses on the idea of Hillary running in the next election?[/quote]No. A woman has already run for vice-president. I don't think a woman presidential candidate would cause much stir with the general public. The Mass Media Machine would eat it up. I believe that the MMM would make the symbol of a woman being president overshadow the real qualifications she may possess. That's why I think the first woman president will come from the Republican party. The extreme right-wingers may attack her because she's a woman and the defense would be her qualifications. The extreme left-wingers would promote her because she's a woman and her qualifications will be lost in the shrillness.

By the way. I strongly suspect the next supreme court candidate will be a woman to replace Sandra Day O'Connor. She will be qualified (it's not that hard to find a woman with the qualifications) and Bush will be able to quell some political undermining of his chosen candidate.

Edited by jasJis