Anastasia13 Posted September 27, 2005 Author Posted September 27, 2005 If this is any help, someone wrote out this questions elsewhere and these are my answers. -Are you pro or anti-abortion? Pro or anti-choice? Anti-abortion -Pro or anti-welfare? Welfare could be better. I've heard it's very hard to get off of once you are on it. I would like to see that changed, but some programs like at are certainly important in my view. -For or against stricter environmental regulation. For. Definately for. It will be better for people's health in the long run and some resources won't last forever they way they are sometimes used and in those cases it would be economically advantageous in the long run. -For or against more government sponsored social programs? See welfare answer. Probably not at generally for them, but some are probably good things. -For or against more taxes (a very difficult question, because there is much more to consider than simply your own out-of-pocket surrender). For. (Besides, between the war and Katrina, we are taking loans out from the Chinese government. I don't like that they have that power over us.) -In favor of reforming public education, or do you prefer more emphasis be placed on home-schooling or other alternative education? My family's only reason for not pursuing public education throughout our schooling was problems with the public school. I would like to have those who cannot afford alternative education have a good quality education available for them. If public education is free and public but no longer the education that it should be, then that is what should change. I prefer better schools before alternative education. -For or against tighter regulations on big industry? I don't know what exactly that would be, but I suspect for. industry is going to do first what is in it's own interest and sometimes that is not what is best for the rest of us. Of course if you mean like Microsoft control as an example, I don't know. I probably don't know enough. -For or against the legalization of marijuana? As long as other pain medicines can work for those who say that it is medically beneficial, then I can see no reason to support making it legal. If that was not the case, I would worry about it being too available. -For or against heavier criminal penalties for drug crimes? I don't know what they are now. If it's just someone who got into drugs and messed up a bit, then I want that person to have a chance to get clean and live a good life. If someone is smuggling drugs in from other countries and running large crime rings, I want that person to go to jail for a long time. -For or against heavier criminal penalties for animal abuse? Depends on the crime I guess. I haven't looked into that much nor has it come up much around me. I'm kind of glad about that because I'm something of a softy when it comes to cute furry critters.
track2004 Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 Register Dem. Participate in primaries. Vote your conscious. Keep paying attention and go from there. I'm technically a republican but I completely disagree with some of the stances. You'll have that in any political party, but I still vote GOP because I like the things they are actually doing as opposed to the things they say they want to do but will never actually get done.
Lounge Daddy Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 [quote name='Light and Truth' date='Sep 27 2005, 01:54 AM']If this is any help, someone wrote out this questions elsewhere and these are my answers. -Are you pro or anti-abortion? Pro or anti-choice? Anti-abortion -Pro or anti-welfare? Welfare could be better. I've heard it's very hard to get off of once you are on it. I would like to see that changed, but some programs like at are certainly important in my view. -For or against stricter environmental regulation. For. Definately for. It will be better for people's health in the long run and some resources won't last forever they way they are sometimes used and in those cases it would be economically advantageous in the long run. -For or against more government sponsored social programs? See welfare answer. Probably not at generally for them, but some are probably good things. -For or against more taxes (a very difficult question, because there is much more to consider than simply your own out-of-pocket surrender). For. (Besides, between the war and Katrina, we are taking loans out from the Chinese government. I don't like that they have that power over us.) -In favor of reforming public education, or do you prefer more emphasis be placed on home-schooling or other alternative education? My family's only reason for not pursuing public education throughout our schooling was problems with the public school. I would like to have those who cannot afford alternative education have a good quality education available for them. If public education is free and public but no longer the education that it should be, then that is what should change. I prefer better schools before alternative education. -For or against tighter regulations on big industry? I don't know what exactly that would be, but I suspect for. industry is going to do first what is in it's own interest and sometimes that is not what is best for the rest of us. Of course if you mean like Microsoft control as an example, I don't know. I probably don't know enough. -For or against the legalization of marijuana? As long as other pain medicines can work for those who say that it is medically beneficial, then I can see no reason to support making it legal. If that was not the case, I would worry about it being too available. -For or against heavier criminal penalties for drug crimes? I don't know what they are now. If it's just someone who got into drugs and messed up a bit, then I want that person to have a chance to get clean and live a good life. If someone is smuggling drugs in from other countries and running large crime rings, I want that person to go to jail for a long time. -For or against heavier criminal penalties for animal abuse? Depends on the crime I guess. I haven't looked into that much nor has it come up much around me. I'm kind of glad about that because I'm something of a softy when it comes to cute furry critters. [right][snapback]738771[/snapback][/right] [/quote] my take i hope this helps *Are you pro or anti-abortion? Pro or anti-choice? Anti-abortion – easy, vote Republican or any anti-abortion candidate (these people are not [i]always[/i] Republican... keep tabs... the anti-life people are sneaky and they want you to believe that punching a hole in the back of a baby's head and sucking out the brains is a civil right --- but most of these people can be found in the liberal side, including the Democrats *Pro or anti-welfare? Welfare could be better. I've heard it's very hard to get off of once you are on it. I would like to see that changed, but some programs like at are certainly important in my view. - right, and most Republicans want welfare to be better also, you may have heard the term “helping hand not a hand out” --- this should be a helping system, a stepping stone to freedom, not a system that breeds dependency *For or against stricter environmental regulation. For. Definately for. It will be better for people's health in the long run and some resources won't last forever they way they are sometimes used and in those cases it would be economically advantageous in the long run. - cool! Join the Green Elephants [quote]“We point with pride to the great GOP leaders of the past who fought to save natural treasures, signed landmark environmental-protection laws, and established many of the policies we take for granted today. We remember Teddy Roosevelt, who established our unmatched system of wildlife refuges and national parks. We remind people that Barry Goldwater, the father of conservatism, was a lifelong conservationist (and also a REP America member). We recall that Richard Nixon signed the Clean Air Act, the Endangered Species Act, the National Environmental Policy Act, and also established the Environmental Protection Agency.”[/quote] From their website [url="http://www.repamerica.org/"]HERE[/url] *For or against more government sponsored social programs? - See welfare answer. Probably not at generally for them, but some are probably good things. *For or against more taxes (a very difficult question, because there is much more to consider than simply your own out-of-pocket surrender). For. (Besides, between the war and Katrina, we are taking loans out from the Chinese government. I don't like that they have that power over us.) - well, both Democrat President Kennedy and President Reagan, and most modern republicans (and sadly, NOT modern democrats) believed that cutting taxes would make for a stronger economy *In favor of reforming public education, or do you prefer more emphasis be placed on home-schooling or other alternative education? My family's only reason for not pursuing public education throughout our schooling was problems with the public school. I would like to have those who cannot afford alternative education have a good quality education available for them. If public education is free and public but no longer the education that it should be, then that is what should change. I prefer better schools before alternative education. - Most “conservatives” believe that the government run (and teacher-union dominated) school system is sliding into oblivion. School choice gives power to the parent, as education choice should be given to the parent – home school, charter, or religious. Voucher issues put this choice up to the public. *For or against tighter regulations on big industry? I don't know what exactly that would be, but I suspect for. industry is going to do first what is in it's own interest and sometimes that is not what is best for the rest of us. Of course if you mean like Microsoft control as an example, I don't know. I probably don't know enough. - Right , this is a “big business” issue brought to the table, in my opinion, by “big labor” – aka the dieing retail labor unions *For or against the legalization of marijuana? As long as other pain medicines can work for those who say that it is medically beneficial, then I can see no reason to support making it legal. If that was not the case, I would worry about it being too available. - My observance has been the pro-pot candidates being liberal, and most ant-pot being anti-drug conservative, though some conservative Libertarians are pro-legalization (personally, I am anti- marijuana) *For or against heavier criminal penalties for drug crimes? I don't know what they are now. If it's just someone who got into drugs and messed up a bit, then I want that person to have a chance to get clean and live a good life. If someone is smuggling drugs in from other countries and running large crime rings, I want that person to go to jail for a long time. - See previous *For or against heavier criminal penalties for animal abuse? Depends on the crime I guess. I haven't looked into that much nor has it come up much around me. I'm kind of glad about that because I'm something of a softy when it comes to cute furry critters. - So clubbing baby seals is out of the question for most people – but my dad wants to shoot an 8 point buck! awe ya! RELATED Btw: conservatives, including most Republicans, want to offer the right for citizens (the same citizens who give politicians their jobs) the right to choose whether or not they wish to have a gun to hunt, or for protection (incidentally I do not wish to own a gun); as well as the right for a parent to choose a school - to prevent thier kids from ending up in a failing school, while the liberal democrat on the payroll of the teacher’s union will hear none of that; and the conservative politician will also trust you to chose weather or not you wish to remove a small portion of your social security payment – which is typically the largest deduction from your paycheck, take a look at you pay stub – and invest this into something other than the failing social security system, the liberal dem will deny this. - The only “choice” the liberal democrats seem to offer is the “choice” for parents to eliminate a pre-born child, abortion think about this God bless you - i hope this helps
Philippe Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 i'd say republican but there really isnt any perfect choice
Mrs. Bro. Adam Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 At this point, Republican is the lesser of the evils.
Jaime Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 If you don't register, then your warranty is void
dspen2005 Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 I have to say Republican -- you said not to mention it, but then you given an option for "other, please specify"... the US party system is situated such that now, the only real party that any solid Catholic can go for is the Republican Party and this is on so many moral and social issues.
matt_in_ohio Posted September 27, 2005 Posted September 27, 2005 Against my better judgment, I’m going to contribute a thought to this thread: While I agree that the Republican Party, in general, has values that often line up with those of the Catholic Church, there are some things that I really don’t like about some of its members in government. A lot of Republican congressmen and senators have made statements that are extremely hateful, not to mention that some members have been investigated for actions, behavior, and associations that could be proven to be criminal. To be aligning yourself with the cause of Christianity on one hand, and doing/saying some of these things on the other, is to me blatant hypocrisy, and I have a real hard time with hypocrites. Now I realize that the Democrats have just as many hypocrites as the Republicans do. We had, after all, a President who lied under oath, among other moral offenses. In my opinion NEITHER party is perfect, and I feel the whole Government could stand to be cleansed. But that is what I like about our two party system – each in their own way serves to keep the other in check (in theory at least). I know this post is a little off topic, and I offered that opinion earlier in this thread. But when I vote, I try to research as much as I can about the [i]person[/i], and not just their party. If the person is a scumbag, they won’t get my vote. I have even gone out of my way to attend political conventions [i]for both sides [/i]to actually meet and hear the candidates speak, to see for myself what kind of people they are. And I take voting very seriously, and I would recommend that everyone does as well. I feel that this is the least little bit that we can do to try to do what is best for this country, in my opinion. I know that, win or loose, I voted with the best information I had at the time, and in the end I have no regrets.
Anastasia13 Posted September 27, 2005 Author Posted September 27, 2005 [quote name='ardillacid' date='Sep 27 2005, 09:35 AM']go with the Constitution Party [right][snapback]738956[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I know nothing about them or why I would want to join? Can you tell me anything or point me to a good resource?
Anastasia13 Posted September 27, 2005 Author Posted September 27, 2005 [quote name='dspen2005' date='Sep 27 2005, 07:19 AM']I have to say Republican -- you said not to mention it, but then you given an option for "other, please specify"[right][snapback]738859[/snapback][/right] [/quote] [quote name='Light and Truth' date='Sep 26 2005, 08:40 PM']Actually, I did mention it, just not on the poll. I am opposed to certain aspects of Libertarian and Communist views and disagree with the way that the first handles certain things. That however is not the topic of this thread. [b]Please do not answer Republican,[/b] Libertarian, or Communist. [right][snapback]738553[/snapback][/right] [/quote] There are certain things, like pro-life that better reflect my personal views, but over all, I prefer the way that democrats run the country more than the way republicans do. Those are ways that are very important to me. [quote name='dspen2005' date='Sep 27 2005, 07:19 AM']the US party system is situated such that now, the only real party that any solid Catholic can go for is the Republican Party and this is on so many moral and social issues. [right][snapback]738859[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Maybe the party, but I haven't seen much in the first gulf war and a few speeches that I liked in Republican presidents. I try to make an informed decision when I vote. I think everyone who votes has that resonsibility. Not to you personally, but last nights posts really got to me. (Almost started a good rant I accidentally closed the window.) All of this republican is the only way that a Christian can agree with and the democratic party is evil makes me sick. I've come accross this in several places and it gets old. That is not the witness that I want. Let's stick to the issues that are condemned and other than that show more charity, please. Some of the social issues of the Democratic party are very important to me, as is environmental. Would you care to suggest an alternative that might better reflect my views based on what I posted and any further questions asked here?
Socrates Posted September 28, 2005 Posted September 28, 2005 [quote name='Light and Truth' date='Sep 27 2005, 10:54 AM']I know nothing about them or why I would want to join? Can you tell me anything or point me to a good resource? [right][snapback]738978[/snapback][/right] [/quote] They're the hard-core conservative party, to the "right" of the Republicans. They beleive in strict interpretation of the Constitution, limitation of the power of federal government, and upholding Christian values. They're actually the party I'd agree with most, but they're too small now to have an effect nationally, so I vote Republican to avoid putting Dems in power.
Socrates Posted September 28, 2005 Posted September 28, 2005 [quote name='Light and Truth' date='Sep 27 2005, 11:09 AM']There are certain things, like pro-life that better reflect my personal views, but over all, I prefer the way that democrats run the country more than the way republicans do. Those are ways that are very important to me. Maybe the party, but I haven't seen much in the first gulf war and a few speeches that I liked in Republican presidents. I try to make an informed decision when I vote. I think everyone who votes has that resonsibility. Not to you personally, but last nights posts really got to me. (Almost started a good rant I accidentally closed the window.) All of this republican is the only way that a Christian can agree with and the democratic party is evil makes me sick. I've come accross this in several places and it gets old. That is not the witness that I want. Let's stick to the issues that are condemned and other than that show more charity, please. Some of the social issues of the Democratic party are very important to me, as is environmental. Would you care to suggest an alternative that might better reflect my views based on what I posted and any further questions asked here? [right][snapback]738994[/snapback][/right] [/quote] It's rather silly to ask for other people's opinions, then get upset when they contradict your own.
ardillacid Posted September 28, 2005 Posted September 28, 2005 [quote name='Socrates' date='Sep 27 2005, 07:19 PM']They're the hard-core conservative party, to the "right" of the Republicans. They beleive in strict interpretation of the Constitution, limitation of the power of federal government, and upholding Christian values. They're actually the party I'd agree with most, but they're too small now to have an effect nationally, so I vote Republican to avoid putting Dems in power. [right][snapback]739458[/snapback][/right] [/quote] right keep putting the lesser of two evils in? Pro-lifers have put all their stock in republicans and what have they gotten in return? BS! how many of the current judges on the supreme court were nominated by republicans? by far the majority and most are pro-abortion. Republicans will never seriously mount opposition to abortion until pro-lifers begin leaving their party en masse
Maria Posted September 28, 2005 Posted September 28, 2005 [url="http://www.okcupid.com/politics"]http://www.okcupid.com/politics[/url] This quiz is about telling you where you fit in the political landscape. It might be fun and even helpful.
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted October 1, 2005 Posted October 1, 2005 Have any of you ever looked into the Constitution Party, formerly the U.S. Taxpayers party? I think there pro-death penalty stance is the worst thing about them, although I haven't looked at them for a while
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted October 1, 2005 Posted October 1, 2005 I posted my response before I read anyone elses. So sorry bout that. Anyway I like the Constitution party, in fact I was working on getting signatures to get them on the ballot here in Kansas back in 92 when I was in third grade (US taxpayers party). They are the solution to those who think that the republicans may say the right thing, and not follow up. [url="http://www.constitutionparty.com/"]http://www.constitutionparty.com/[/url]
Lounge Daddy Posted October 1, 2005 Posted October 1, 2005 [url="http://www.outofthinair.homestead.com/nbsrparty2008.html"]NBSRP[/url] join .... [b]The National Barking Spider Resurgence Party[/b] Mike Bay is gearing up already for 2008
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now