An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will homosexuals make it to heaven?

infinitelord1

I think this is a good question to ask since im sure many have wondered the same thing. Please read 1 Corinthians 6:9...........it pretty much shows who is not worthy of the kingdom of heaven. I dont think (personally) that this suggests they are going to hell since purgatory, according to the catholic church, exists. What do you people think?

CatholicAndFanatical

I think that as long as they live a chaste life and live for God, they will enter heaven.

But that pretty much goes for any single person, gay or not.

[quote name='CatholicAndFanatical' date='Sep 27 2005, 02:21 PM']I think that as long as they live a chaste life and live for God, they will enter heaven.

But that pretty much goes for any single person, gay or not.
[right][snapback]739121[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i agree.........i was just referring to active homosexuals.

CatholicAndFanatical

oh..well according to my 8 ball 'Out look not so good'

but thats just my 8 Ball, I havent a clue

Edited by CatholicAndFanatical

Active homosexuals -- those who actively engage in homosexual lifestyles -- are defiantly living in a state of mortal sin. So, for these people, the prognosis ain't good.

However, God's mercy is a mystery. No man -- lay or clergy -- can say for sure whether an individual is going to Hell.

I am very grateful that I am not responsible for two things

Deciding who my friends marry

Deciding who goes to hell.

I would NEVER get any sleep.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 27 2005, 03:03 PM']I am very grateful that I am not responsible for two things

[right][snapback]739161[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Amen.

God is the judge of culpability. Individually perhaps a young boy was forced in to it and didn't know any better. Who knows? God sees the heart. Anyone who is not ready to stand before him and repent of the homosexual activity WILL GO TO HELL. A true homosexual is one who has a hardened heart that will not acknowledge it is wrong. That is what is so bad about these pro-gay movements.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Sep 27 2005, 04:03 PM']I am very grateful that I am not responsible for two things

[right][snapback]739161[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=39782&hl="]This[/url] shows that you don't sleep much now does it......sleepy yet?

[quote name='Apathy' date='Sep 28 2005, 08:59 AM']  Is there really a differenece?
[right][snapback]739855[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

They don't serve breakfast in hell.

The judgement of God is perfect, in this I trust.

I ain't going to worry about who goes to hell or not, I've haven't got time for that. Too busy worrying about my own soul 9and yes, there's plenty to worry about - working on it though).

Needless to say, acrtive homosexuals need to repent to assure their grace; but we all have our issues. If this is mortal sin or not; I think it just might be but can't tell for sure. I think the worse thing is the pro-homo groups that try to any extent to justify homosexuality. I think the only time in the Bible where God or Jesus actually attribute themselves the concept of hate is towards those who carry their brothers/sisters towards wicked things. i'll try to find the precise passage a little later. But those who push others to sin seem to be in a whole lot of hot water in their afterlife.

HSMom, think they at least serve coffee in purgatory? Boy, I hope so.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Sep 28 2005, 09:03 AM']They don't serve breakfast in hell.
[right][snapback]739858[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Probably with all that teeth nashing they couldn't eat it anyway.