An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hockey is back!

Tony

PVmelonhead91

i like the new jersey devils who by the way kicked the penguins butts last nite. but sidney crosbet is gonna be great once he adjusts to the new league.

PVmelonhead91

o and the rocket guy i think u like the leafs or the senators. maybe the rangers and are ashamed to just flat out say it. cause i know ranger fans who are. which would mean your not a true fan of the team

[quote name='PVmelonhead91' date='Oct 6 2005, 01:39 PM']o and the rocket guy i think u like the leafs or the senators. maybe the rangers and are ashamed to just flat out say it. cause i know ranger fans who are. which would mean your not a true fan of the team
[right][snapback]748468[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The Rocket played for Montreal!!! Geesh!

Montreal is a young hungry team with everything to porve, Detroit are old and tired and playing on past glories.

AHA!

Ottawa are pretty good too! Toronto scored the lowest amongst Canadien teams in the pre-season power rankings and I wouldn't bet the left side of my feces on them winning anything in the playoffs.

Calgary seem to remain a strong contender, while Vancouvert might surprise. Lightning typically only strikes once, and Pittsburg, although Lemieux is back, remain at the bottom of the barrel.

[quote name='PVmelonhead91' date='Oct 6 2005, 01:37 PM']i like the new jersey devils who by the way kicked the penguins butts last nite. but sidney crosbet is gonna be great once he adjusts to the new league.
[right][snapback]748463[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Anybody can beat the Penguin's butt nowadays!

New Jersey seem to be in control, but I'm not certain they'll keep it together with the rule changes. They'll be in the playoffs for sure though...

Staaayyyy tuned!

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 6 2005, 02:41 PM']... Lightning typically only strikes once, ...[right][snapback]748569[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]Yeah, right. Tell yourself that when your team plays the Stanley Cup Champions...

In my heart, Montreal wins the cup every year.

I told my son that with Guy Lafleur and won four stanley cups back in my day! (Hey, all's fair dammit. My dad told me he played with the Rocket and won five cups and i was 18 years old until I figured he was full of it!)

Detroit i admit have interesting rookies, but rookies are never the dominant force in the playoffs (few very very rare exceptions can be mentioinned and debated)

So who do you peoiple think the greatest player of all time is?

of course i like my hometeams, the Ducks and the Kings but i still have a place in my heart for the candian teams because thats my home country... ahhh i'm so glad hockeys back

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Oct 6 2005, 03:52 PM']hockey's back?

woopty-freakin-doo.....
[right][snapback]748675[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:annoyed:

DId anyone happen to catch the game of Los Angeles Kings vs. Dallas Stars?? I only cought the wining goal of the Stars :D:

Edited by Christie_M

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 6 2005, 04:36 PM']
Detroit i admit have interesting rookies, but rookies are never the dominant force in the playoffs (few very very rare exceptions can be mentioinned and debated)
[right][snapback]748611[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

HA! so you see, detroits not an old geezer team! ok, so we've got yzerman who, i'll admit, has seen better years...but yea, we've got ALOT of young talent. the young players who, after missing a year of hockey, will want to win the cup this year more then anything! and Didacus, when the red wings go farther then Montreal, i will, as you said, nicely put this in your face at the end of the season :P: lol. may the best team win!**and we intend to :saint: **

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 6 2005, 10:22 AM'][b]May the ghost of the Rocket haunt us always!!![/b]
[right][snapback]748125[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I was going to say that Didacus obviously must root for the Montreal Canadiens, but the info's already out.

I personally don't care for hockey, but I'm distantly related to the Rocket (my grandmother was his cousin or second cousin, and she didn't care for hockey either :P: ).