An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hockey is back!

Tony

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 7 2005, 11:16 AM']You are sadly mistaken.  It is much easier to win in a watered down league than it is in one where the talents are concentrated adn competition fierce. 
[/quote]

hey, when was the last time montreal won the cup? and during the timespan between now and then how many stanley cups have the red wings won?

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 7 2005, 11:16 AM']Jealous!  better fans in Detroit!  You mean when  :pigfly:  !
[/quote]

yea well, a pig just flew by my window not even 5 minutes ago, so yea, we are better fans
*smirk*

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 7 2005, 11:16 AM']PS: I don't think Montreal plays Detroit at all this year!  I couldn't find a game either!

We'll have to come up with something else!  Suggestions?
[right][snapback]749468[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

umm, gimme a sec, i'll get back to you with that one when i think of something good.

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 7 2005, 10:31 AM'][snip]

yea well, a pig just flew by my window not even 5 minutes ago, so yea, we are better fans
*smirk*
[snip]
[right][snapback]749486[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Actually we have flying beavers up here in Canada. We usually say amongst ourselves 'when bears fly.'.

I'd appreciate a pic of them pigs though

How about this, every time Montreal wins a game, you fork over 2$ to phatmass? Every time Detroit losses a game, you also fork over 2$ to phatmass?

Wait, that doesn't sound right.... I'll get back to you on that one if I come up with something better.

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 7 2005, 11:46 AM']How about this, every time Montreal wins a game, you fork over 2$ to phatmass?  Every time Detroit losses a game, you also fork over 2$ to phatmass?

Wait, that doesn't sound right.... I'll get back to you on that one if I come up with something better.
[right][snapback]749505[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yea you confused me with that one...i'll tell you if i think of anything better as well.

PVmelonhead91

listen u hockey "experts" :rolleyes: i have a few questions to see if u can answer. no looking the answers up online too. PM me the answers.

1. who were the stars before they came to dallas?
2. who were the avalanch before tehy came to colarado?
3.who were the devils before the came to new jersey?
4.and if u can answer number 3 who were they before that?
5 who were the original six?
6.what cartoon carachter does patrick lalime have on his helmet?

Quick question:

What is the player scoring record held the longest in league history?

Who has scored the most goals in a single game?

Which goalie collapsed on the ice during a playoff game and died soon after? (hint: he has a trophy named after him)

PVmelonhead91

what about...... which team left the stanley cup at a photography shop. hint it was used as aq flower pot when they came back to get it

God Conquers

It is preposterous to think that Detroit will do better than Ottawa this year.

How could you pooh pooh such a pantheon of hockey?

With new coaching, new grit and the new nhl, the sens are the major force to be reckoned with.

Dan Heatly reborn, Jason Spezza (AHL's top goal-getter last year) upgraded to first line, a brick wall between the pipes, and the youngest, fastest, most talented team in many many years.

Detroit has nothing.

In fact, Rocket Richard's ghost could defeat them.

Rangers lost in OT to the habs last night.. not a bad result I guess... 3 points from 4 games, I will take that any day.

I wish we wouldn't take so many penalties though!

PVmelonhead91

hey hey hey detriot does not have nothing. detroit is full of great young stars (who arent all rookies by the way). i mean datsyuk kicked but last year fischer zeterburg cromwell????? ottawa is gonna be good but only if nothing happens to hasek they are only average with out him. and wait freeze a colarado/detroit fan theres some mager conflict rite there!!!! :starwars: i mean there bith pretty good but seriously where have u bean the last 10 years they hate each other. i mean at one point when the redwings were playing the avalanch the red wings had print out vodo dolls of patrick roy!!!! u my freind are a disaster waiting to happen

PVmelonhead91

yes my mistake i dont know why i was thinking today was saturday... but the devils are gonna kick the flyers butts.... but the rangers are lucky they are getting so close in there games with the amount of penalties tehre taking and kevin weeks let in that soft goal last nite :ohno: