An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hockey is back!

Tony

PVmelonhead91

first whats the flames record and whats the wings record and they difenatly are a contender but the only reason calgary was picked is because hockey experts are mostly from CANADA and the flames are from CANADA... and the wild is a very popular team and a descent one too

detroit and Montreal are sitting on the best recoreds in the NHL right now. But remember, Monreal got there first!

News says its the first time that Montreal opens the season with 3-0 record since 1978-79; the dynasty days of my youth!

THE GHOST WANDERS MAONGST US! BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!
(detroit's 'ghost', Gordon Howe is still alive... not much of a ghost... HA! take that!)

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 10 2005, 07:12 AM']News says its the first time that Montreal opens the season with 3-0 record since 1978-79; the dynasty days of my youth!

THE GHOST WANDERS MAONGST US!  BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!
(detroit's 'ghost', Gordon Howe is still alive... not much of a ghost...  HA! take that!)
[right][snapback]752314[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

holy carp!!! thats over 20 years didacus...montreals really 'good'.

besides, who needs a ghost when you can have the real thing there!

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 10 2005, 07:25 AM']holy carp!!! thats over 20 years didacus...montreals really 'good'.

besides, who needs a ghost when you can have the real thing there!
[right][snapback]752330[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

because he's 85 years old, and can barely sign autographs anymore. He'd be better off being a ghost who inspires.

What kind of nickname is "Mr.Hockey" anyways.

Can't wait to see if Detroit plays Montreal for the cup this year, original six showdown!

Don't know if Detroit will make it though :unsure: , but you can always hope.

Bah! you dont know? !?!? have you been watching their games? have they lost since the regular season started?!?!?! i dont think so!

o yeah, detroit better play montreal so that when detroit wins i can ever so nicely, proclaim that detroit is better then montreal, and can bring up that game. as painful as the memory may be for you,you can then admit, detroit is better then montreal. :P:

gordie howe IS mr. hockey and you know it!

Edited by onathing1

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 10 2005, 07:41 AM'][snip]
o yeah, detroit better play montreal so that when detroit wins i can ever so nicely, proclaim that detroit is better then montreal, and can bring up that game. as painful as the memory may be for you,you can then admit, detroit is better then montreal.  :P:

gordie howe IS mr. hockey and you know it!
[right][snapback]752340[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ah yes, the young and the foollish things they say.

Little girly man, when will you learn, we are too powerful for you!

Maurice is the rocket!
Henry is the Pocket!
Guy is the 'Demon blond'.
Joe Malone is 'le fantome'
Geffrion is 'Boom Boom' (inventor of the slapshot)

and scores of others! And you know it (or should learn it)

All Montreal players.

How many do you have for Detroit? Mr.Hockey? oo-oo, we're impressed... so cleverly impressed. Jolly good one... jolly good one I do say.

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 10 2005, 09:13 AM']Little girly man, when will you learn, we are too powerful for you!

Maurice is the rocket!
Henry is the Pocket!
Guy is the 'Demon blond'.
Joe Malone is 'le fantome'
Geffrion is 'Boom Boom' (inventor of the slapshot)

and scores of others!  And you know it (or should learn it)

All Montreal players.

How many do you have for Detroit?  Mr.Hockey?  oo-oo, we're impressed...  so cleverly impressed.  Jolly good one... jolly good one I do say.
[right][snapback]752371[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

little girlie man?!?!?! ouch, that one hurt considering im a girl. ^_^ haha.

ok buddy, the red wing's future legends...

pavel datsyk-he was wanted by 3 teams!!! read it, 3!
jiri fischer- good stuff right there!
stevie y- 'nough said, he already is a legend...yea he's getting a little old, but hey, he's our captain and always will be!*atleast til he retires next year* :idontknow:
manny legace-look at the past three games and you'll see what i'm talking about.

go ahead, look up the others...you'll see that montreal's doesn't stand a chance.

Edited by onathing1

Hats off to Stevie Y any day. First class player on and off the ice!

Jiri... you're stretching... you're stretching the outer limits on that one. and beyond!

Pavel is gong to be traded in two or three seasons tops. You said it yourself, 3 teams wanted him!

I'm surprised you didn't mention Shanahan or Lidstrom.

Manny Legace... compare him to Hasek, Brodeur, Theodore, Belfor... he has a long way to go. Heck, you might as well put Jagr in net and he'd do almost as well legend-wise. (though he'd be more like a Hextall... nothing like a goalscoring goaltender to spice up a game!).
______
PS: sorry about the girly man thing... how about manly girl then? Since not too many chicks like to watch hockey. You are a rarety in your own right... in Canada, girls like you are the sexiest! If you tell you smoke cigar, you'd be a dream girl!

Edited by Didacus

the devils got us in OT. blah....

the Rangers are actaully playing well.. so far anyway. They actually hustle for the puck. Their record is 1-2 but they have 4 season points to show for it thanks to their losses being in OT

PVmelonhead91

devils are gona beat the rangers on thursday too haha but the rangers are doing well.. and legacy is not excellent but hes good and jagr would stinck cause hes a sissy lala

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 10 2005, 10:18 AM']Hats off to Stevie Y any day.  First class player on and off the ice!

Jiri...  you're stretching...  you're stretching the outer limits on that one.  and beyond!

Pavel is gong to be traded in two or three seasons tops.  You said it yourself, 3 teams wanted him!

I'm surprised you didn't mention Shanahan or Lidstrom.

Manny Legace...  compare him to Hasek, Brodeur, Theodore, Belfor... he has a long way to go.  Heck, you might as well put Jagr in net and he'd do almost as well legend-wise.  (though he'd be more like a Hextall... nothing like a goalscoring goaltender to spice up a game!).
______
PS: sorry about the girly man thing... how about manly girl then?  Since not too many chicks like to watch hockey.  You are a rarety in your own right... in Canada, girls like you are the sexiest!  If you tell you smoke cigar, you'd be a dream girl!
[right][snapback]752463[/snapback][/right] 
[/quote]

the stevie y comment was greatly appreciated.

trade pavel?!?! are you crazy? jiri is an awesome player, he just needs to improve his game a wee bit. manny legace hasn't played as long as the old-time goalies, who alot of the ones you mentioned happen to be hockey gods.he's getting there though, admit it, he's good! shanahan an lindstrom, COME ON! you've just gotta know them so i didn't mention them...how could you even think i'd forget them!?!?!

p.s.-
i think i'm gonna go to canada now ;)hockey loving girls aren't liked over here too much. unfortunately the closest i've come to smoking a cigar is putting one that wasn't lit in my mouth...but i'll pass on that one anyway.

Edited by onathing1

I'll give you this for Legace; he's above average. Need more performances and stability until you get more from me. sorry.

Why mention Yzerman and not Shanahan and Lidstrom? Yzerman is one if not the only remnant of a more noble NHL long past. He has a place in the pantheon - how could i not know Yzerman?!?!?

But now see this, Yzerman, Lidstrom and Shanahan are the corner stones of Detroit, and they are old. Sure you've got rookies coming up, but they'll need time. the balance of the team is simply not there. Competitive... sure. Contender - wouldn't bet on it.

Montreal on the other hand, has got the mix. we are a beast that sleeps every 10 years or so, just to give everyone else a chance. But when awake, the NHL trembles and shudders!! As you will soon see.... soon see... Ya... I can smell you getting scared!

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 10 2005, 12:59 PM']I'll give you this for Legace; he's above average.  Need more performances and stability until you get more from me.  sorry.

Why mention Yzerman and not Shanahan and Lidstrom?  Yzerman is one if not the only remnant of a more noble NHL long past.  He has a place in the pantheon - how could i not know Yzerman?!?!? 

But now see this, Yzerman, Lidstrom and Shanahan are the corner stones of Detroit, and they are old.  Sure you've got rookies coming up, but they'll need time.  the balance of the team is simply not there.  Competitive... sure.  Contender - wouldn't bet on it.

Montreal on the other hand, has got the mix.  we are a beast that sleeps every 10 years or so, just to give everyone else a chance.  But when awake, the NHL trembles and shudders!!  As you will soon see.... soon see... Ya... I can smell you getting scared!
[right][snapback]752703[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

thank you for the legace comment. and we intend to get more from you by the end of the season. :saint:

yzerman happens to be a hero of mine, so naturally i will bring him up in ANY detroit conversation. and unfortunately, yzerman has one year left, and lidstrom and shanahan only a few, so them retiring shall be tough. but the young players on the wings show amazing growth potential, to become even more awesome players then they already are.

i started to do some research on montreal and did some comparing...you dont stand a chance,hun! wings could beat ur guys a-, i mean butts, anyday!

tremble and shake?!?!?! hahaha! i'll have you know, YOU are the one who shall be shaking my friend. don't flatter yourself into thinking you can scare us off!!!! and i know no fear!

Edited by onathing1

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 10 2005, 01:10 PM'][snip]
tremble and shake?!?!?! hahaha! i'll have you know, YOU are the one who shall be shaking my friend. don't flatter yourself into thinking you can scare us off!!!! and i know no fear!
[right][snapback]752790[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Bring it on!!!

Let's start with which team will be defeated first shall we?
On a game-by-game basis...

Detroit and Montreal now stand tied at the top of the league.

So....

If Montreal lose their first game before Detroit - i'll donate 5$ to phatmass.
If Detroit lose their first game before Montreal - you donate 5$ to phatmass!

Deal?

Note: again, game by game basis. If Montreal losses game 5, for instance, we have to see if detroit win/lose their game 4 and/or game five before the bet is finalised. Got it?!

If they both lose on the same game... what then? tie-breaker? We both donate 5$ a piece? Double or nothing?

Anyone else want a piece of this!??!?!?!?