An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hockey is back!

Tony

PVmelonhead91

canadians play the thrashers tonite and redwings play the kings tomorrow...i may not have any money but im willing to make a bet that the canadians will loose before the devils. the loser had to have the other teams logo as there avatar..but it cant say something like the devils smell of elderberries.

I am not putting my avatar at risk!
You know how long it took for me to put that avatar together! A LOT!

its a didacus corp original and patented!

Sorry.

you don't find the name 'devils' just a little unerving?

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 12 2005, 01:43 PM']I am not putting my avatar at risk!
[/quote]

agreed! so i'm finding it quite sad the lack of response we're getting in the betting..does no one have faith in their teams anymore?!?!

question..what happens if you lose tonight and i win tomorrow? you fork up 5 bucks? or we both lose? $2.50?

Edited by onathing1

PVmelonhead91

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 12 2005, 12:46 PM']agreed! so i'm finding it quite sad the lack of response we're getting in the betting..does no one have faith in their teams anymore?!?!
[right][snapback]755547[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

ok u just said people have lack in faith of there teams so why wont u risk your advatar? and didacus why dont u just save your avatar and if u loose the bet u can just put it back up cause its saved?

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 12 2005, 01:48 PM']question..what happens if you lose tonight and i win tomorrow? you fork up 5 bucks? or we both lose? $2.50?
[right][snapback]755699[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Precisely. So it's on?!?

i still need to think of a way to explain the missing 2.50$ in our monthly budget to my wife... so I really hope montreal kicks butt!!!

And I do recall you saying that a scoring thread as a tie breaker is acceptable or made sense? Hence, the chance for a tie would be slimmer... mind you last two games i think the spread was equal! lol

Edited by Didacus

[quote name='PVmelonhead91' date='Oct 12 2005, 02:26 PM']ok u just said people have lack in faith of there teams so why wont u risk your advatar? and didacus why dont u just save your avatar and if u loose the bet u can just put it back up cause its saved?
[right][snapback]755782[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

because i am not that computer inclined... give me a break, my engineering background is mechanical!

(dam it Gym, I'm an engineer not a computer geek!)

PVmelonhead91

haha well im sorry :idontknow: i didnt know u were and engineer... but your wife might know i thing or 2 about computers ask her or a freind.... ill tell onathing a.k.a my sister the bets on cause shes at work...i never get on the computer when shes home so i might not be posting for a while how bout the looser says the other team kicks but huh huh?
;)

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 12 2005, 04:44 PM']Precisely.  So it's on?!?

i still need to think of a way to explain the missing 2.50$ in our monthly budget to my wife... so I really hope montreal kicks butt!!!

And I do recall you saying that a scoring thread as a tie breaker is acceptable or made sense?  Hence, the chance for a tie would be slimmer... mind you last two games i think the spread was equal!  lol
[right][snapback]755928[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

ok so do you wanna do the spread? or just whoever loses the next game? either are fine with me.

Let'x do the spread.

and

PVmelonhead91, if the devils win, I'll send you a free and genuine T-shirt from Didacus corp and even start a thread on it and praise the devils great hockey skill on it.

If Montreal wins, you have to start a thread posting all the year they won the stanley cup and how much you admire them!

That sound good to you?

Now let me check the scores now...

BoooYaaaaa!!!!

2-0... first star and author of the shut-out:
1. Y. Danis - MON (Saves: 32, Save Pct: 1.000)!!! (whoever that is!)

my spread is two goals... so an overtime win or a shootout won't be any good for Detroit tonight!!!

PVmelonhead91, now did you want this game to count vs the devils's next game or would you like to name two different games? Or are you backing out all together from shear terror at Montreal's might (which I would completely understand I assure you)?

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 13 2005, 07:08 AM']BoooYaaaaa!!!!

2-0... first star and author of the shut-out:
1. Y. Danis - MON (Saves: 32, Save Pct: 1.000)!!!  (whoever that is!)

my spread is two goals... so an overtime win or a shootout won't be any good for Detroit tonight!!!
[right][snapback]756863[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

im not worried.

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 13 2005, 08:07 AM']im not worried.
[right][snapback]756925[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

denial?!?!? :P: