An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hockey is back!

Tony

Has it orrcued to the two of you that between the three of us we've managed to make of this thread a hot topic, yet we're the only ones generally posting in it?

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 13 2005, 12:03 PM']Has it orrcued to the two of you that between the three of us we've managed to make of this thread a hot topic, yet we're the only ones generally posting in it?
[right][snapback]757046[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
it has, and that makes me sad :ohno: ARE THERE NO HOCKEY FANS LEFT IN PHATMASS THAT ARE WILLING TO CONFRONT US?!?!?! maybe they're just scared.lol.

I know... the passioin just doesn't seem to be there.

PS: I think Detroit stands a good chance of winning vs the Kings, unless gretzky starts playing for them again. Not likely.

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 13 2005, 01:59 PM']I know... the passioin just doesn't seem to be there.

PS: I think Detroit stands a good chance of winning vs the Kings, unless gretzky starts playing for them again.  Not likely.
[right][snapback]757190[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yea, it's just hard to find passionately dedicated fans nowadays. but hey, you're very cool if you are!

P.S. i have to agree...but hey, if i do lose tonight i found a charity i'll gladly donate $7.50 to...i decided to wait for tonight so i can just donate anything i lost to one charity.

[quote name='onathing1' date='Oct 13 2005, 01:29 PM'][snip]
P.S. i have to agree...but hey, if i do lose tonight i found a charity i'll gladly donate $7.50 to...i decided to wait for tonight so i can just donate anything i lost to one charity.
[right][snapback]757227[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
HAHA! :P:

7.50$ coming up and a thank from didacus corp.!

[quote name='Didacus' date='Oct 13 2005, 03:08 PM']HAHA!  :P:

7.50$ coming up and a thank from didacus corp.!
[right][snapback]757271[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

don't get tooo confidenta about that didacus corp.! the wings haven't played yet.

Alright... Detort wins! By 3 goals! Beating Montreal's spread by 1 goal (Montreal's spread was 2 goals!).

I donated my 5$ this morning. Now I have to cool it for the month or my wife will beat me!

Congrats on Detroit's stellar start in the season, and I see Yzerman is back! May the great lift you even higher!

Now,for the New Jersey thing... er... wager...
I do believe the devils have suffered a pathetic loss to the pathetic new york Rangers?!?!? I am thus waiting for my soon to be favortie thread on phatmass, the one you (pvmelonhead) will start to the effect of:

"If Montreal wins, you have to start a thread posting all the year they won the stanley cup and how much you admire them!"

And please do not spare any words in your admiration of the mighty Montreal Canadiens and their overpowering history!

thank you,

didace

whats this about OLN blacking out the games in some places? ( I am not one of them blacked out) but they aren't letting everyone watch?) that's not right!

I read about this stuff on the OLN message boards

PVmelonhead91

if i recall diducus the canadians still must win for the bet was made after the canadians won there last game so therefore i do not have to post just yet clearly there has bean a miss understanding but if u really want me too ill do it but your gonna need to tell me what years the canadians won were there 24 cups or 29 24 rite

Agreed, Montreal must win their next game (or beat the spread)?

You'll have to do your own research dear., that's one of the points of the bet. At least I didn't ask for you to itterate a list of hall-of-famers that played for Montreal, along with a brief description of their lives... That would have taken a lot of thread space!!!

Boo-Yaaa!!!

Who's Montreal playing next?

PVmelonhead91

umm and beat the spread what does that mean that means first person to win when the other tea, looses rite? cause thats what we are doing?

[quote name='PVmelonhead91' date='Oct 14 2005, 09:40 AM']umm and beat the spread what does that mean that means first person to win when the other tea, looses rite? cause thats what we are doing?
[right][snapback]758166[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That means that if Montreal loses by more goals than New Jersey, then you win. But if Montreal loses by less goals, then I win.

Hint for the Stanley Cup thing;

[url="http://cbs.sportsline.com/nhl/teams/history/MON"]http://cbs.sportsline.com/nhl/teams/history/MON[/url]

You can also view other interesting info on that page!