Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Marielpan,

Please offer up this small bit of suffering for the souls in purgatory. Rejoice that you have a loving husband, and the gift of a child on the way. Christ said that to follow Him we must be willing to face the rejection of family and friends. My prayers are with you, and I am so happy for you and your child.

God bless,

peace...

BullnaChinaShop
Posted

Thank you all for your wonderful responses to Lauren. I would also ask that you all will pray for me that I won't lose my temper over what her mother says.

Jared

Posted

Surround yourself with the many well wishers and peeps who will be praying for you and your baby!

If the naysayers realize that they're missing the boat, they may jump on board.

But avoid stress. You and your precious child don't need it.

Keep a positive attitude!

The world is wayyyyy too down on pregnancy, childbirth, babies, and children.

You are now officially an witness for life.

Wear it like a badge of honor! :D

Pax Christi. <><

Posted

Jared, you all are in my prayers!!

Posted

I love you guys! :wub:

Please also pray for when I actually have to tell my boss that I won't be coming back to work, and when I tell my family this as well. I'm sure they will have a few things to say about that. What's sad is I think my family will take it worse than my boss will. Most of the men I work with have wives that stay at home with their children, and are continually praising them for all the good work they do. I know they will not be happy that I am leaving, but I think they will understand.

Posted

I don't have anything new to add, just pray for her. Sometimes things happen for the better that are a complete surprise to us. You and yours are in my prayers. Blessings to you.

FaustinaVianney
Posted

girl, you are in the right to be upset that your mother isn't excited about you being pregnant. It is such a blessing to have a child!!! This is another way in which our world has become anti-child. A child is always a blessing no matter what. I've never been pregnant but I struggle all the time with my parents. They don't like anything about me and feel as if I'm constantly making the wrong decision because of it. Keep bringing it before God and know of all the prayers the phamily is sending up for ya!!!

:):) :)

revolutionoflove
Posted

Dearest Lauren,

I am so excited for you!! Congratulations on the little blessing growing in you!!

I sympathize with the pain of your mom's attitude. When we told my in-laws we were expecting our first child my mother-in-law's comment was "You just couldn't wait, could you?" Which puzzled me since we "waited" a year by force - I had a hard time getting pregnant. She hated the idea of being a gramma b/c it would admit being "older". (She's one of those older but glamourous looking ladies that looks years younger than she is.) But after Bella was born she changed her tune and she loves her little granddaughter and only has wonderful things to say about her. (Except for the fact that Bella seems to be more like her tomboy mama than her glamorous gramma.)

My situation is far from the severity of yours (as you've mentioned previously in emails) but hang in there, dear. If it means not conversing with your mom for awhile, so be it. You need to think of your little one now, who needs a happy mommy. As Kilroy stated previously, "Cleave to your husband! This too shall pass!" Our Lord and Lady will strengthen you and bring peace to your heart. And if there's a moment when you just need to vent and receive an encouraging word, your PM family is always here! You are in our prayers, Lauren.

Much love,

bobbi

PS - And if you ever need to talk one-on-one to a "real" voice, let me know and I'll give you my phone number. (I'm sure there are others catholic mamas here willing to do the same. ;)

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

PS - And if you ever need to talk one-on-one to a "real" voice, let me know and I'll give you my phone number. (I'm sure there are others catholic mamas here willing to do the same.  ;)

Yes, count me in on that, too!

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

i'm praying for you girl. How are things now?

Posted

Lauren, beloved of Jesus and Mary,

I knew something was up...was praying for you earlier today, and for Jared.

It is so hard, I know, because my Mom has said negative things during every pregnancy of mine. Even up to the day I gave birth to our 7th child in April. And Husband had a waterfall of anger and sadness that night.

But my mother-in-law (also Protestant) has been prudence itself, and has been a comfort un-looked for.

I don't understand it, because Mom loves and delights in every baby once they come. She is a different woman almost, once they are here. I have come to realize that these incredibly hurtful comments have mostly to do with her and not me. And, that there are things she cannot give me; and so God has given me other Mom figures, in the flesh as well as Our Lady, to give me what Mom cannot.

And it is hard to detach. But praying for detachment is what you can do.

Truly, I did finally understand this only months ago: that Mom doesn't believe that the babies come from God. (Or something... tho' I have explained to her the Catholic truth, and that I adhere to it of my own accord, not because of my husband). She just doesn't. How can she? I was never supposed to be here; and after me, things were made so that no others might come.

And now there are 5 children praying for her conversion (ages 13, 9, 7, 5 and 3 ). The babies will join in once they're old enough.

I am so proud of you. You are doing all the right things.

A BABY!!!!!

DEO GRATIAS!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...