An Old School Catholic Message Board

Muslims prevent rosary prayer!

Didacus

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Oct 15 2005, 12:58 PM']And that is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

I wouldn't sign it to protect ANYONE and I have a daughter.
My daughter knows me well enough to understand who comes first in my life.  My first allegiance is to God.  Let me refer to 2 Maccabees 7 the entire chapter.

By  signinig it I feel they turned their backs on Jesus. Which in scripture is a big NO NO.  You remember if we deny Him in front of men, He will deny us in front of the Father.

There are many things in our life  (mistakes) that God understands (you know what I mean) turning our backs on His Son is NOT ONE OF THEM.
[right][snapback]759422[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Poor Peter then... He denied Christ three times...

Remember, to be in sin one must have full knowledge of what they do, serious matter, and they must have full consent of will while doing it.

Now, since they are being Forced to... They don't have full consent of will.
Also, I'm gonna take a guess and assume most of the people in this group would be seniors, but that's just my guess... So they might not even have full knowledge...
Could you think straight if armed men rushed into your house and started threatening you and going crazy? I doubt anyone would not get confused.

[quote name='CatholicCid' date='Oct 15 2005, 03:19 PM']Poor Peter then... He denied Christ three times...

Now, since they are being Forced to... They don't have full consent of will.

Could you think straight if armed men rushed into your house and started threatening you and going crazy? I doubt anyone would not get confused.
[right][snapback]759537[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

1) So, then we can all deny Jesus. Is that the excuse? Peter did it, so I can? We are taught this to learn from his example of what not to do.
2) 2 Maccabees 7 They did. They chose God over man. HELLO....
3) My home is laid out in such a manner that anything can and will
be used as a weapon. I am prior military.

We are to encourage and challenge each other in how to live our Catholic faith. We are not here to help find excuses. I don't trust people who water down the message. I thought that was what we had Satan for.

Where would the Church be if the early Christians martyrs pulled a stunt like that?

Little by little I am learning thru reading the various responses who is living for God and who are fooling themselves. Not much different from my local parish.

ps. If we deny Jesus in front of men He will deny us in front of the Father. Matt 10: 32-33 also verse 28. Keep in mind this isn't me speaking this is directly from God. If you have a problem with it take it up with Him.

Edited by ofpheritup

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Oct 15 2005, 05:11 PM']1)  So,  then we can all deny Jesus. Is that the excuse? Peter did it, so I can? We are taught this to learn from his example of what not to do.
2)  2 Maccabees 7 They did. They chose God over man.  HELLO....
3)  My home is laid out in such a manner that anything can and will
      be used as a weapon. I am prior military.

We are to encourage and challenge each other in how to live our Catholic faith. We are not here to help find excuses. I don't trust people who water down the message. I thought that was what we had Satan for.

Where would the Church be if the early Christians martyrs pulled a stunt like that?

Little by little I am learning thru reading the various responses who is living for God and who are fooling themselves.  Not much different from my local parish.

ps. If we deny Jesus in front of men He will deny us in front of the Father. Matt 10: 32-33   also verse 28. Keep in mind this isn't me speaking this is directly from God. If you have a problem with it take it up with Him.
[right][snapback]759573[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Must say, I don't really like be compared to Satan...

1) How did they deny Jesus? I was refering to how even Peter, Our First Pope denied Christ. Should we learn from that? Of course. He later died for his Beliefs in Christ, even though he did deny him out of fear.

2) If only we all had that strength... Which countless times over history, many people have not. Are they damned then for faltering? I thought Our Lord was all forgiving.

3) Great for you being prepared. I'm sure you have airfare to go to this poor families home and and show them how to prepare their house.

I'd hope I'm not watering down any message. All I stated was that in my opinion, I feel they were in too much distress to fully grasp what was happening.

Judge if you want through written responses, though I assumed our Almighty Judge was Our Lord. Thanks for correcting me.

P.S. As I said, Peter denied Christ. Is that an excuse? No. Was Peter denied Heaven by Christ for his actions? Well, since you seem all knowing, please tell us.

Also, I feel for your Parish... For having to put up with someone as 'holy' as you.

Edited by CatholicCid

[quote name='CatholicCid' date='Oct 15 2005, 05:33 PM']Thanks for correcting me.

Well, since you seem all knowing, please tell us.

Also, I feel for your Parish... For having to put up with someone as 'holy' as you.

[right][snapback]759593[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

1) You are welcome.
2) I already did. You have the scripture verses.
3) I am not the only "holy" one there, thankfully.

Overall I would like to thank you for sharing YOUR christianity with me.

Now pardon me while I sit back and watch the circus. :popcorn:

[quote]Overall I would like to thank you for sharing YOUR christianity with me.[/quote]

I return what is given to me :smokey:

+throws water on the sarcasm dripping over the last few posts+

Though, may I offer some stuff for you to add to your scripture collection :sweat:

Matthew 7:1-3
Romans 2:1
Romans 14:10
Romans 14:13
James 4:11-12
1 Corinthians 4:5

Edited by CatholicCid

Edit again

Also, could you do me the favor and let me know How I've been 'watering down the message' and 'fooling myself' into thinking I've been attempting to live for God with my small life. (Actually serious on that, sorry if it sounds sarcastic. If I am making any of the such claims, I'd wish to improve on them)

I can see how one should be willing to give their life for Christ, but I doubt a majority would be able to do so when the time calls for it.
Whether it be fear of leaving family or just fear of death.
In this situation, I see a group where the individuals most not only worry about their lives, but what would happen to the others if they had defied the extremists on the spot. Then, add in the factor of confusion and suprise that had to be at that scene.
What would be the best road though? I would say as well as ignoring the intrusion and continueing on praying. I make no excuse for their action, but I say I feel for them for the choice they did make.

I just don't see how one could say they Willingly Denied Christ in such a situation they were not involved in (I don't think anyone could truly judge them in such a situation except Our Lord himself).

Also, how one could say they would be denied God for such actions, even if it was all their fault and they eventually repented.
I don't think man has the insight to make such strong opinions on the matter, let alone a judgment.

Any outside help would be appreciated ;)

Edited by CatholicCid