An Old School Catholic Message Board

OUR CARMELITE VISIT

Sixtina87

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I am actually re-learning a lot that I have seem to have forgotten by you wonderful people... :)

I think I needed to hear a lot of this again...

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Nov 3 2005, 12:25 PM']but it really makes me upset when someone who doesnt know me says I'm a different age!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]777878[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

QUESTION : HELLO, is thing on? If we don't KNOW YOU how can we be expected to know your age? :scratchhead:

[quote name='jgirl' date='Nov 3 2005, 02:02 PM']Think about what Ophferitup said. She's very wise.

I think maturity is the main reason you keep getting turned down, so you might want to work on that. Just because you're legally an adult doesn't mean that you are ready for the sacrifice. You still have an advantage--time. Perhaps you will be ready inyour 20s or 30s. You can't just stop life and wait--you have to live life and gain experiences. That is what will mature you. If you just stay in your world, you're not going to grow up. If you want a good book about Spiritual childhood, check out Hans Urs von Balthasar's Unless Your Become Like this Child.

You do need to consider your options. If you have been turned down by 3 communities, you need to look at what turns them off. If you have a true vocation, you would be willing to look at your life and and change it--but not because you want to enter religious life or because somebody tells you to, but because you want to be ready to love God and serve Him in whatever vocation He calls you to at the moment that He calls you. Right now you get defensive whenever a community tells you that you're not ready for them and they're not ready for you. You get defensive if one of us calls you on something. If you want us to hold you accountable, then we will; but there is no use in us telling you over and over to live life instead of obsessing about how much you want to be in a convent.

Something to consider besides what if you're not called to religious life is why you think you are, and what would the difference be for you of living in the world and living beyond convent walls.
[right][snapback]777976[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. I was sent a PM informing me that they think I am being too HARSH in my responses. Compared to what Life will do I am a piece of cake. Religious life is HARSH. You have to be prepared to STRIP everything away that is "egotistical" and build from the ground up.

Buy hey that's just my opinion.

I am a warm fuzzy person with a limit. My limit is be willing to do the work. I have no time for whiners. Okay, scripture verse (paraphrase). Carry your CROSS everyday and be WILLING (not whiny) and FOLLOW me.

How is putting someone down doing the work? See, you've lost me there. If you don't have time for whiners, and you can't be charitable to people whom you [i]think[/i] are whiners, then don't you think it would be more wise to simply not comment? Jesus didn't yell at the people who abandoned Him (and Sixtina has by no means abandoned Him); He just let them be and instructed others to "shake the dust from their feet" (my paraphrase). God bless.

A lot of the times ofpher was trying to point out things to Sixtina that she may not have realized before. At times, ofpher may have been uncharitable, but so has Sixtina.

Why don't you say something to Sixtina also?

[quote name='zabbazooey' date='Nov 3 2005, 08:16 PM']A lot of the times ofpher was trying to point out things to Sixtina that she may not have realized before. At times, ofpher may have been uncharitable, but so has Sixtina.

Why don't you say something to Sixtina also?
[right][snapback]778225[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
MY TURN

I have not been uncharitable. I am calling a spade a spade. I am not going to waste my time trying to teach someone who is lying to herself and others. How stupid do you think we are?.

GOOD, FABULOUS, WONDERFUL, STUPENDOUS advice has been given out. Not just by me but by others. And we aren't thanked for the advice or the time it has taken to give it. Nor does it seem any of it is being followed.

Religious life is TOUGH. CENSORED tough. If "you" think you can walk in and ignore the advice, correction, counsel call it what you will that you will be given you are kidding yourself. After a period of time if they see "you" (you being whomever) are unwilling to change, defensive, critical, whiny, blaming everyone but yourself. You will be TOLD to leave.

As far as the use of the word HARSH my response is AND?
Harsh, please. If I didn't care I wouldn't say anything. I refuse to lie to people. I am not going to "oh poor baby" someone who is manipulative. This is not the first time I have challenged someone to grow up only to have them complain...."she's mean." Childish.

I have an exroommate and exfriend who was looking "for a free ride."
She thought I was stupid enough to just let her lie and slide.
She blamed everyone else for her problems. I gave good advice. She ignored it. She continued her behavior, I cut her loose. She has chosen to "stand with Satan." I stand with Jesus. The two are not compatible.
She has been informed when she is ready to grow up and is ready to be held accountable she can call me. I AIN'T HOLDING MY BREATH.

Sorry but if the idea of charitable is to let people continue in their immaturity than you are right I am not. I refuse to spend my time on people who WHINE and refuse to do anything to fix their lives. God sends me people to help. If they accept the help then YIPEE. If not GET OUT OF THE WAY FOR THE NEXT ONE. You are wasting God's time.

There is not a religious community who will accept someone who can not stand up and say "I am responsible, hold me accountable, teach me I don't know what I am doing." This equals HUMILITY.

Living in a community you have "nowhere to hide" who you are sticks out like a sore thumb. There is nowhere to go when someone gets on your nerves. If that is why "YOU" (being anyone) want to become a nun thinking you can hide from life. THINK AGAIN.

The advice given on this site is the same advice you will be given in religious life. It isn't that anyone is DELIBERATELY trying to be rude but being unwilling to HEAR the truth isn't going to happen.

A comment was made that I didn't need to take my feelings out on Nicole because a friend of mine had died. My friend dying has nothing to do with this. The responses would have been the same.

What I am saying to Nicole is not "personal" I would say it to anyone. And I have, she is not the first person to hear this. Thankfully the first person I dealt with was more mature so I didn't go thru as much stress.
Her situation was similar IN A HURRY, TRYING TO TELL GOD WHAT TO DO, UPSET WHEN PEOPLE DIDN'T AGREE WITH HER. She received the EXACT SAME ADVICE and took it.

I will literally do (and I have spoken to Rachel about this) anything for anyone BUT do not lie to me, do not attempt to use me. I feel if that is where you are "Satan is signing your paycheck" and I can't and will not help you.

The reality of religious life is the SECOND you walk in the door until your final profession you are being watched and evaluated for your FITNESS in the life. If you do not fit in you will be TOLD not asked to leave.

Now we need a new topic or something because I am done with this.

I am "too old" to be dealing with this "nonsense." But then again when I was your age I was the same way I am today. My daughter who is 23 is the same way. I was raised to accept responsibility. IMMATURITY in my family was not accepted.

NEXT.....

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Nov 4 2005, 03:13 PM']MY TURN

I have not been uncharitable. I am calling a spade a spade. I am not going to waste my time trying to teach someone who is lying to herself and others. How stupid do you think we are?.

GOOD, FABULOUS, WONDERFUL, STUPENDOUS advice has been given out. Not just by me but by others. And we aren't thanked for the advice or the time it has taken to give it.  Nor does it seem any of it is being followed.

Religious life is TOUGH.  CENSORED tough. If "you" think you can walk in and ignore the advice, correction, counsel call it what you will that you will be given you are kidding yourself.  After a period of time if they see "you" (you being whomever) are unwilling to change, defensive, critical, whiny, blaming everyone but yourself. You will be TOLD to leave.

As far as  the use of the word HARSH my response is AND?
Harsh, please. If I didn't care I wouldn't say anything.  I refuse to lie to people.  I am not going to "oh poor baby" someone who is manipulative.  This is  not the first time I have challenged someone to grow up only to have them complain...."she's mean." Childish.

I have an exroommate and exfriend who was looking "for a free ride."
She thought I was stupid enough to just let her lie and slide.
She blamed everyone else for her problems. I gave good advice. She ignored it.  She continued her behavior, I cut her loose.  She has chosen to "stand with Satan."  I stand with Jesus.  The two are not compatible.
She has been informed when she is ready to grow up and is ready to be held accountable she can call me. I AIN'T HOLDING MY BREATH.

Sorry but if the idea of charitable is to let people continue in their immaturity than  you are right I am not. I refuse to spend my time on people who WHINE and refuse to do anything to fix their lives. God sends me  people to help. If they accept the help then YIPEE. If not GET OUT OF THE WAY FOR THE NEXT ONE. You are wasting God's time.

There is not a religious community who will accept someone who can not stand up and say "I am responsible, hold me accountable, teach me I don't know what I am doing." This equals HUMILITY. 

Living in a community you have "nowhere to hide" who you are sticks out like a sore thumb. There is nowhere to go when someone gets on your nerves. If that is why "YOU" (being anyone) want to become a nun thinking you can hide from life. THINK AGAIN. 

The advice given on this site is the same advice you will be given in religious life.  It isn't that anyone is DELIBERATELY trying to be rude but being unwilling to HEAR the truth isn't going to happen.

A comment was made that I didn't need to take my feelings out on Nicole because a friend of mine had died. My friend dying has nothing to do  with this. The responses would have been the same. 

What I am saying to Nicole is not "personal" I would say it to anyone.  And I have, she is not the first person to hear this.  Thankfully the first person I dealt with was more mature so I didn't go thru as much stress.
Her situation was similar IN A HURRY, TRYING TO TELL GOD WHAT TO DO, UPSET WHEN PEOPLE DIDN'T AGREE WITH HER.  She received the EXACT SAME ADVICE and took it. 

I will literally do (and I have spoken to Rachel about this) anything for anyone BUT do not lie to me, do not attempt to use me.  I feel  if that is where you are "Satan is signing your paycheck" and I can't and will not help you.

The reality of religious life is the SECOND you walk in the door until your final profession you are being watched and evaluated for your FITNESS in the life.  If you do not fit in you will be TOLD not asked to leave.

Now we need a new topic or something because I am done with this.

I am "too old" to be dealing with this "nonsense."  But then again when I was your age I was  the same way I am today. My daughter who is 23 is the same way.  I was raised to accept responsibility. IMMATURITY in my family was not accepted. 

[right][snapback]778276[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Spades aren't always spades, sometimes they are shovels....

I am getting a little confused here myself though, Opheritup. There is a balance between charity.....and this sort of thing. Maybe I am just another immature 17 year old.

But from what I can see, through all these messages is that maybe there is something hindering you from being truly free from your past. (relgious life when you are younger?) I may be off on a tangent here, but maybe its something to pray about? For the grace to release ourselves from our past hurts, so we can move on. To fully become the beautiful children of God that we are meant to be....

This is something I feel really strongly about. We ALL have a past, and with it come some hurts, I am sure. We alone cannot move on, but if we let Jesus come into that tiny little hole in us. No matter how strong we are now, quite often, strong people DO have these little (or even big) things that hinder them from TOTALLY surrendering to our Lord, and therefore - stopping us from our ultimate happiness.

Sorry if this is out of line, I'm praying desperately as I write this, for His Spirit to work and to move our hearts.

God bless.

I'm the same age as you are, Sixtina, and we seem headed in the same direction for now, but I would wonder whether you are looking at all of your options equally? It sounds like you're looking at religious life as the only viable option. What I'm doing now is doing some soul-searching to figure out who I am in light of what God has planned for me, and I wonder if you shouldn't do the same--taking both options as equally viable and before figuring out which one is for you, finding out some more about yourself and concentrating on developing your self first. Someone I spoke with helped me by pointing out some vital flaws in my personality and I've decided to work on those before I continue looking at orders more intensely, and developing my relationship with God first--because that's what matters most, right? Our relationship with God--where we go in life only helps us to further it more than the other option would.

I AM SERIOUSLY AM GOING TO LOCK MYSELF INTO A CLOEST AND NEVER EVER EVER EVER COME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(
MAYBE SIGNING UP AS A PHATMASS MEMBER WASNT THE GREATEST THING!!!!! :sadder: :sadder: :sadder:

:drunk: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: Edited by Sixtina87

OKAY....AND? How well will this go over in religious life? :idontknow:
Oh Sister so and so hurt my feelings, so I'll just hide in my cell
and pout. :maddest:

If I didn't believe in you, I wouldn't be '"challenging" you.
You are not being treated any different than anyone else in my life
THAT I CARE ABOUT. FIGURE IT OUT.

Why is it that WE believe in you, more than you believe in yourself?

My oh my this forum is taking a rather nasty turn and I certainly don't like to see this. I, too, am much older then most of you, but you know what...you are all a breath of fresh wonderful air to me. I can feel your your youth and your vitality. Yes, you will make mistakes, wrong decision, have doubts. The Lord gifts us with those too. Don't let some negative nellie stop your exploration. Whether you are 12, 16, or 90, we are all adventurers in this wonderful life. PEACE RETURN TO THIS FORUM PLEASE. ".....and the greatest of these is charity...."

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I say, never defend for yourself, rather spend your time defending Christ and Holy Mother Church form the insults they recieve.

I want to see this end now. When things started getting a little unsteady, Pio Nono came in and asked for this to stop. This is getting far too out of hand. I think that we all need to step away from this, stop piling insults against one another, and pray ernestly to truely know Christ, and His will for us in all we do.

I know many of you are trying to help, but it doesn't look like this method is going to change much. We are not called to hurt others, but rather to heal. May the Holy Spirit guide you all in your discernment!

I have spoken to nine vocational directors. They are visiting this site.
The concensus is IMMATURITY is not welcome in their communities.
And that the person in question is unfit for religious life.

I have attempted to teach. I am old enough to where I feel if I say something I expect it to be respected and acted upon.

One comment by a sister that was made to me was, "Pam tell them we are not running a day care center."

Past this point if you do not grow up you are fooling yourself.
You are not fooling them. :shock:

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Nov 4 2005, 02:15 PM']I have spoken to nine vocational directors. They are visiting this site.
The concensus  is IMMATURITY is not welcome in their communities.
And that the person in question is unfit for religious life.

I have attempted to teach. I am old enough to where I feel if I say something I expect it to be respected and acted upon.

One comment by a sister that was made to me was, "Pam tell them we are not running a day care center."

Past this point if you do not grow up you are fooling yourself.
You are not fooling them. :shock:
[right][snapback]778837[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

And man, when I was jsut about to apologize to you opher for being such a butt to you!!!!!! Forget it now!!!!!!! that totally ticks me off becuase fot eh fac that asked 9 diff vds from various comunities whoa re going to look at thtis post, let me guess they are going to be vds from communituies i know!!!! Heck that better be not the case, or I'll be highly ticked off!!!!!!!!! I am in tears right now because of everything, i'm stressed out, i hate my job, i feel that everyone is out to get me!!!!!! And not to mention I'm trying to find where i belong!!!!!!!!!! And NO ONE seems to be helping!!!!!!!!!!! :ohno:

On the lighter side I am bolting out of here or out of town i should say, i am going to diocese event in Normal ILL!!!!!!!!! Evangelization Congress, i spending the weekend witha group fo sisters WHO KNOW ME WELL, and i'll be workign with them side by side in the congress!!!!!!!!!

God Bless and Peace out!!!!!!!!!!!!

sixtina

p.s. CAN WE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STOP THIS FIGHTING!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :sadder:

oh ya if there is a vd in here and wants to tlak to me, call me at 309 230 8925 i'm available all weekend, except during mass!!!!!!!!!