An Old School Catholic Message Board

rosaries

Sixtina87

:huh: ...well anways getting back to rosry subject, I see what you are tlaking about now Rachel!!!! i was up until midnight almost 1 am trying to figure out the rosary length and so forht, I ahve made 4 so far but they are my testers, i'm trying to make them all the same length and spaced out the same, it will take awhile!!!!!!!!! i'll soon get it!!!!!!!!!!

JMJ
10/29 - Thirtieth Saturday

Everyone just cool out, please. People ain't into the fighting going on here. Remember, the Devil LOVES division.

AlterDominicus

Rosaries are awesome, no matter how different they look, they are perfect to God.

I remember a story our Sr High Youth Minister told me in his office, when he asked me if I had a rosary. There was a guy who made this rosary, [color=blue]each[/color] [color=red]decade[/color] [color=purple]was[/color] [color=orange]a different[/color] [color=yellow]color[/color], [color=gray]and each decade represented[/color] [color=green]something in or from the world[/color]

I dont remember exactly what, maybe if someone would like, it would be cool to try and find the story.

actually that would be kinda cool, making each deacde a diff color!!!! I would have to find beads that look good together and so forth!!!! thanks for the great idea!!!!!!!1

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Oct 29 2005, 10:20 PM'].

I remember a story our Sr High Youth Minister told me in his office, when he asked me if I had a rosary. There was a guy who made this rosary, [color=blue]each[/color] [color=red]decade[/color] [color=purple]was[/color] [color=orange]a different[/color] [color=yellow]color[/color], [color=gray]and each decade represented[/color] [color=green]something in or from the world[/color]

I dont remember exactly what, maybe if someone would like, it would be cool to try and find the story.
[right][snapback]773776[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That is a "Mission Rosary." Each color of each decade is different and it represents a continent of the world. I first learned about them when I was a little girl. It is nice to see that they are still around..

Edited by ofpheritup

[quote name='Pio Nono' date='Oct 29 2005, 09:43 AM'] People ain't into the fighting going on here. 
[right][snapback]773433[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:shock: :topsy: :idontknow: :rolling: :scratchhead:

FIGHTING, WHO, WHERE? What people?
I will not speak to anyone else's motivations.
For myself I will say however that I attempted to assist.

Didn't work....I have moved on. NEXT.

Edited by ofpheritup

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Oct 30 2005, 03:24 AM']:shock:  :topsy:  :idontknow:  :rolling:  :scratchhead:
Didn't work....I have moved on.    NEXT.
[right][snapback]773888[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

YEAH ME TO, I agree!!!!! NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smokey:

[quote name='ofpheritup' date='Oct 30 2005, 03:00 AM']That is a "Mission Rosary."  Each color of each decade is different and it represents a continent of the  world.  I first learned about them when I was a little girl.  It is nice to see that they are still around..
[right][snapback]773882[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

are those the colors for each decade or could you use different colors???

[quote name='Pio Nono' date='Oct 29 2005, 10:43 AM']JMJ
10/29 - Thirtieth Saturday

Everyone just cool out, please.  People ain't into the fighting going on here.  Remember, the Devil LOVES division.
[right][snapback]773433[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

FYI, i dont see any fighting going on,If there is someone bleeding or gets hit, than thats fighting!!!!! ; ) Anyways, getting back onto topic!!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Oct 30 2005, 12:07 PM']are those the colors for each decade or could you use different colors???
[right][snapback]774000[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

GOOD QUESTION.

I think that there are "standard" colors that are used. Each decade does have one distinct color. Let me see, white, red, yellow, green and blue (not sure about the blue).

If you are thinking of maybe using a different color for each decade I would say go ahead and try. Create something new. Who is to say you can't use purple or gold or I don't know the sky is the limit. The only criteria that you NEED to stick to is that each decade have its own color.

Other than that have fun. You are remaining faithful to the concept which is each decade represents a certain continent. That doesn't change, so as long as you are staying with that I think the idea of "new or different" would work.

I like "creating." I created my own Bible cover when I couldn't find one that expressed me. My Bible cover used to be the Sunday comics. :shock:
My cover for my Christian Prayer has a black background with neon geometric patterns. I sewed it by hand. :P:

You are only limited by your imagination.

Hey missy I have a quick question are you actually going to sell them on PM? If so let me know hon. :D:

In Jesus, Our Blessed Mother and St. Teresa

sell what, the rosaries???? i learned how to make them at a retreat with a group of sisters andf I wanted to know a few things, but hey if anyone is interested in getting one, let me know because i can make it the way you want it, color and all!!!!!!!!!

in him!!!!!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

So yeah, the colors for the mission Rosary are like this:
Green-Africa
Red-Americas
White-Europe
Blue-Oceania
Yellow-Asia