An Old School Catholic Message Board

Moderators Wanted

dUSt

Oooh, I think Immaculata would be amesome too, for the Creepy Alien Board

awww.. you're so sweet, you're giving me a toothache!

:wub:

:lol:

IcePrincessKRS

why do i get the feeling everyone looked at me when he said this??

hrmph... <_<

I didn't. I know who he was talking about. If you think real hard you'll understand why.

IcePrincessKRS

lol....I never thought i'd read anyone on Phatmass suggesting female bishops...

Anyway I nominate JasJis for moderator of the DebateTable

:rolleyes:

Not when you are thinking of it like this: "By the way, I think we should call them Bishops not moderators, Episcopoi, the greek word for bishop means OVERSEER, cool huh"

hyperdulia again

why do i get the feeling everyone looked at me when he said this??

hrmph... <_<

i'm speaking of one person on pal's list and it's not you, trust me.

dUSt,

are you looking for two OVERSEERS for each board, or just one? if you are looking for two, then i vote for MC Just. he has shown the most interest in the board since its creation. plus, he's Church Militant

"here's my 10 cents, my 2 cents is free, now who's this nuisance? u sent for me?"...................sorry, i couldn't help it.

pax christi,

phatcatholic

I think we should keep in mind some things like, who is in the board often, are they mature people who won't fly off the handle at someone, are they willing to put up with people who get mad because they were edited or moved or whatever. Would they be able to put aside their own loyalties in order to be fair and balanced. Are they over-sensitive and would they be able to put up with a little bit of "noise" before coming down on something.

In my mind this isn't a popularity contest, partly because I'm gonna be moderated too. I want someone who I know will be fair, even when I'm the loud mouth that needs to be settled down. That's why the first people that came to mind are C-Mom and Anna and Foundsheep. They tend to be strong defenders of the faith and I don't think I've ever seen them be uncharitable or unfair in their responses. I also trust that they aren't gonna become all power hungry like that Creepy President wannabe (just kidding Al, I love you!)

That being said, I think all of the serious recommendations made so far are really good. But some would be better for boards where gentle ribbing and serious challenges can be made without it being perceived as "mean." CMom, Anna, Foundsheep, IcePrincess, Flowery, C&F, Azriel have all, IMHO, demonstrated wisdom and restraint on Phatmass.

i think making one of the people paladin nominated the moderator of any forum would be the height of insanity.

This made me laugh for like 15 minutes without stopping. Made my day.

Sorry, I realize its not supposed to be funny.

I think we should keep in mind some things like, who is in the board often, are they mature people who won't fly off the handle at someone, are they willing to put up with people who get mad because they were edited or moved or whatever. Would they be able to put aside their own loyalties in order to be fair and balanced. Are they over-sensitive and would they be able to put up with a little bit of "noise" before coming down on something.

In my mind this isn't a popularity contest, partly because I'm gonna be moderated too. I want someone who I know will be fair, even when I'm the loud mouth that needs to be settled down.

Blaze, i agree w/ ur characterization of a good moderator. well said ;)