zabbazooey Posted November 2, 2005 Posted November 2, 2005 I bought a $1200 car and had to replace the transmission 3 months later. Mind you, it's been in the shop for 3 WEEKS. It's a great car otherwise
scardella Posted November 2, 2005 Posted November 2, 2005 [quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Nov 2 2005, 10:09 AM']...even if it's some stupid-@ss H2.... [right][snapback]776990[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Hey, H2's are great, if you actually use them for what they're designed for: off-roading. Of course, 90% of them will never leave pavement...
zabbazooey Posted November 2, 2005 Posted November 2, 2005 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Nov 1 2005, 02:05 PM']i dont even know. new would of course be preferred but anything used and in good condition would be okay for now.... i can save up for my dream car later.... [right][snapback]775996[/snapback][/right] [/quote] [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Nov 2 2005, 07:30 AM']yeah my neighbors have a car and its in really good shape. the mieage is pretty low and all it really needs are some new tires (after sitting there for a while). i really dont like it though. is that wrong of me? am i being silly? its a green saturn. i hate saturns (no offense to those who drive them). i like BIG things. [right][snapback]776935[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Kinda contradictory Buy your neighbor's car! It sounds like agreat deal!!!
prose Posted November 2, 2005 Posted November 2, 2005 [quote]yeah my neighbors have a car and its in really good shape. the mieage is pretty low and all it really needs are some new tires (after sitting there for a while). i really dont like it though. is that wrong of me? am i being silly? its a green saturn. i hate saturns (no offense to those who drive them). i like BIG things.[/quote] I used to be SUPER picky about vehicles, until I really needed one. I was TOTALLY ANTI-CAVALIER, and SUNFIRE!! God sent me an '87 Taurus! Talk about humility check. But it ran, and it got me from A to B. About a year into owning it, my hubby was hit in it and wrote it off. The moral of the story?? If I had bought the car I really wanted (a Carolla or a Civic), I would have paid much much more, and been much more in debt now. Instead, after driving a burgundy Taurus for a year, I was quite happy to get a Cavalier. It runs well. It looks okay. I just am at 80 000 clicks, and I have not had to repair it. It only costs me $250 bucks a month of payments (Canadian). A Civic would have been close to $400 / month. Thank goodness God was looking out for me, b/c I could never afford that kind of payments!!!
zabbazooey Posted November 2, 2005 Posted November 2, 2005 Yeah my first car was a 1987 Cadillac DeVille. Be happy with the Saturn!
Cow of Shame Posted November 2, 2005 Posted November 2, 2005 (edited) [quote name='scardella' date='Nov 2 2005, 11:14 AM']Hey, H2's are great, if you actually use them for what they're designed for: off-roading. Of course, 90% of them will never leave pavement... [right][snapback]777035[/snapback][/right] [/quote] gah..they're not designed for off-roading. HUMMERS are designed for off-roading. H2's are designed to make your [color=red]daddy bits[/color] look bigger... ------------- [color=red]Behave and follow the rules the first time.[/color] Edited November 3, 2005 by littleflower+JMJ
franciscanheart Posted November 2, 2005 Author Posted November 2, 2005 (edited) [quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Nov 2 2005, 05:34 PM']gah..they're not designed for off-roading. HUMMERS are designed for off-roading. H2's are designed to make your [color=red]various body parts[/color] look bigger... [right][snapback]777310[/snapback][/right] [/quote] did i really just read that? Edited November 2, 2005 by cmotherofpirl
franciscanheart Posted November 2, 2005 Author Posted November 2, 2005 [quote name='doc' date='Nov 2 2005, 09:06 AM']I recomend to see what you need, big cars are really nice but they cost alot to mantain(gas, tires, and the list goes on). My dad use to buy use cars all the time and for some odd reason they se to break down, but all the money he used on thise old cars he couldve saved it and buy a new one. So one day I told him that we should get a new one and we did, We got a Toyota Rav4 2003(it was fresh) Its a nice small SUV. I recomend it, eventho we trad it for a Subaru Legacy 2005...lol. Its a fast car and you dont even feel it. But Toyotas are reliable and so are Hondas, but mainly the civics. I dont like the new models of the corollas...lol...I like the old corollas and civics(specially the 1990 for both cars)...lol.. they are awesome,,,lol [right][snapback]776951[/snapback][/right] [/quote] i like the RAV4 too. My friend Ashley has one and I've always enjoyed riding in it.
StColette Posted November 2, 2005 Posted November 2, 2005 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Nov 2 2005, 06:09 PM'] did i really just read that? [right][snapback]777344[/snapback][/right] [/quote] yeah you did
franciscanheart Posted November 2, 2005 Author Posted November 2, 2005 [quote name='StColette' date='Nov 2 2005, 06:12 PM']yeah you did [right][snapback]777347[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
cmotherofpirl Posted November 2, 2005 Posted November 2, 2005 [color=red] You only think you read it : [/color]
Thy Geekdom Come Posted November 2, 2005 Posted November 2, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Nov 2 2005, 07:18 PM'][color=red] You only think you read it : [/color] [right][snapback]777356[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
franciscanheart Posted November 2, 2005 Author Posted November 2, 2005 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Nov 2 2005, 06:18 PM'][color=red] You only think you read it : [/color] [right][snapback]777356[/snapback][/right] [/quote] you kill me.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted November 2, 2005 Posted November 2, 2005 [quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Nov 2 2005, 06:34 PM']Apparently, the pope can say the anatomically correct word for 'man junk', but it's inappropriate for other Catholics to write... you're just encouraging me to try for euphamisms that are actually more vulgar than the ACTUAL NAME, you know. [right][snapback]777310[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Grow up. The pope didn't use the term for vulgarity or insults or to scandalize.
cmotherofpirl Posted November 3, 2005 Posted November 3, 2005 (edited) [quote name='Cow of Shame' date='Nov 2 2005, 06:34 PM']gah..they're not designed for off-roading. HUMMERS are designed for off-roading. H2's are designed to make your [color=red]daddy bits[/color] look bigger... ------------- edit: Apparently, the pope can say the anatomically correct word for 'man junk', but it's inappropriate for other Catholics to write... you're just encouraging me to try for euphamisms that are actually more vulgar than the ACTUAL NAME, you know. There, you made me reach down to the bottom of the well of childishness inside me. lol It's all your fault!! [right][snapback]777310[/snapback][/right] [/quote] The mods will just get annoyed and delete the whole post. : Edited November 3, 2005 by cmotherofpirl
Cow of Shame Posted November 3, 2005 Posted November 3, 2005 (edited) Right. Never never [b]never[/b] say the exact word that stands for a man's reproductive bits. God hates your whiz-bang, boy-o. The phonetics are acceptable, only if you whisper it. Just to be on the safe side, "happiness" shall be excluded from my vocabulary! Goofiness is only acceptable if you use a billion idiotic smilies... and above all, never stand up for yourself if a mod's involved... *shrug* ...and because I've encountered it before here, let me implicitly state that I do not condone my posts being interpreted as containing [i]any[/i] animosity. If you have so much bitterness inside that you need to project it onto my words, then don't bother reading what I have to say. I might stomp on the eggshells, but perhaps I object to whoever put the stupid things on the floor in the first place... (not really sure what that means, but I [i]really[/i] like the sound of it) heh Edited November 3, 2005 by Cow of Shame
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now