An Old School Catholic Message Board

i am such an old man

Aloysius

i am such an old man, but these youngins are blasting their music way too loud. as a society we need to ask ourselves if we really should've invented speakers so loud that they make the walls shake... omg

it's not even music. it's not even sound. it's not even noise. it's vibrations. this is what we've been reduced to.

BEASTS

I have a mind to get out my whip and my sword and go attack the evil monstrosity they call music.

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Nov 3 2005, 02:17 PM']i am such an old man, but these youngins are blasting their music way too loud.  as a society we need to ask ourselves if we really should've invented speakers so loud that they make the walls shake... omg

it's not even music.  it's not even sound.  it's not even noise.  it's vibrations.  this is what we've been reduced to.

BEASTS

I have a mind to get out my whip and my sword and go attack the evil monstrosity they call music.
[right][snapback]777984[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Except as you just said it's not music.....

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Nov 3 2005, 02:20 PM']they call it music
[right][snapback]777988[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I know, I just wanted it to be clear that you're not attacking real music...

It is OK to be old!!! After 40, Life REALLY just begins to get good! Although I did find out I have a moderate hearing loss in my right ear---yep, age 42 and my kids/husband are sick of hearing, "what did you say?" so I had it tested.

I guess all those concerts and loud music of my youth are coming back to haunt me....

I LOOOOOVE loud music. Two apartments ago, I had a sweet setup -- wires for the speakers were put in during construction, and there were speakers in every room. (It was only 3 rooms, counting the bathroom, but still). The best part about it was that it wasn't directly connected to another building, and he'd soundproofed it, so I could play music as loud as I wanted to without having to worry about bothering other people. Loved it. Absolutely loved it. It was, hands down, the best place I've ever lived.

I play in a rock band but after doing it for so long, I had some custom earplugs made. They have a 15db attenuator that really brings down the level but still lets me hear definition.

Usually, I don't mind lound music if it's something that I like. What is stupid though is when someone is riding around in their car with it cranked and the speakers are blown and the car is rattling apart.

LOL :sweat: ...Like my friend said(when we were on the car and we had on some spanish christian reggeaton playing) "Lets preach to them!" and turns up the music loud!....lol :lol_roll: . because there were this kids in a tricked out car with the music of 50cent playing....lol it was funny!

But honest to you all I love loud music when you can actually can appreciate the quality of the sound. For instance, I don’t have computer speakers for my computer; I have this off the hook stereo system with 6 speakers and 2 subwoofers!! :drool: and when I play the Massmatics cd, it rocks!!! :bump: :clap: :dancer1: :punk: :banana:

[quote name='philothea' date='Nov 3 2005, 03:47 PM']Headphones. 

It's all better with good headphones.

:cans:
[right][snapback]778045[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Not the same. There's something about having the music swirling all around you that's just ... magical.

But Rob's right -- I only like loud music if it's something I like. And, I try not to inflict my personal tastes on other people.

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Nov 3 2005, 02:17 PM']it's not even music.  it's not even sound.  it's not even noise.  it's vibrations.  this is what we've been reduced to.
[/quote]

I’m pickin’ up good vibrations
She’s giving me excitations
(oom bop bop good vibrations)
(oom bop bop excitations)
Good good good good vibrations
(oom bop bop)
(oom bop bop)

haha, I'm an old man who has lived on the earth for only eighteen years

all you people with your loud music are lucky you didn't near me. I have a sword and half a mind to go drive it into someone's stereo.

[quote name='scardella' date='Nov 3 2005, 05:03 PM']I’m pickin’ up good vibrations
(oom bop bop good vibrations)
(oom bop bop)
(oom bop bop)
[right][snapback]778060[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:blush:

yeah... uh huh....

lol

:ninja:

vibrations- emotionalism- bad quality music- time for me to don-quixote style treat the stereos as if they're windmills...