Seatbelt Blue Posted December 6, 2003 Posted December 6, 2003 So you're challenging me to not accuse others of sinning (which I didn't do) by telling me that I'm sinning. Way to go. I didn't tell you you were sinning.
Seatbelt Blue Posted December 6, 2003 Posted December 6, 2003 accuse others of sinning (which I didn't do) Is lying a sin? Did you call him a liar?
God Conquers Posted December 6, 2003 Posted December 6, 2003 forget it dude. Lighten up a bit here. I was trying to poke fun at the fact that there was somehow no "historical documentation" (coincidental). I wasn't trying to play God and judge his immortal soul. I appreciate the heads up about the word "smell of elderberries", but do not appreciate haughty diatribe on your part. Sorry if I offended you. End of debate, thanks.
Seatbelt Blue Posted December 6, 2003 Posted December 6, 2003 I wasn't being argumentative. I wasn't trying to start a fight, and your sarcasm isn't appreciated. I'm trying to help; I'm trying to live a life of holiness and to help others do the same. Your post was most certainly not in that spirit; well intended in defense of the Church, but misguided in execution. I apologize if my post offended you, although I don't understand how it did such. ::sigh:: I'm starting to think I'm not welcome here. Every time I try to push, prod, or nudge someone past behaviors that will hold them back, I get mauled.
Seatbelt Blue Posted December 6, 2003 Posted December 6, 2003 (edited) forget it dude. Lighten up a bit here. I was trying to poke fun at the fact that there was somehow no "historical documentation" (coincidental). I wasn't trying to play God and judge his immortal soul. I appreciate the heads up about the word "smell of elderberries", but do not appreciate haughty diatribe on your part. Sorry if I offended you. End of debate, thanks. sigh. I wasn't trying to be haughty, friend. I was just trying to help. And I will be the first to acknowledge my own hipocrisy; everything I said we shouldn't do, I do. I do them regularly. I lie, insult, accuse, and generally bumble and stumble my way along the Way of the Cross. I am a terrible Christian. But that fact of failure is exactly why I posted what I posted. We need to be held accountable. People need to call our mistakes. Edited December 6, 2003 by Seatbelt Blue
God Conquers Posted December 6, 2003 Posted December 6, 2003 I agree, thank you for your concern. I certainly wasn't trying to "maul" you. And I didn't mean sarcasm (except in my original post). I tend to go on the defensive when my actions are questioned, partly my sinfulness, but also because, since I'm on a board, you really don't know me. If I was talking face to face it would be a different story. I think tone, and exectutionof phrases is difficult to ascertain online and so when something is typed, it's hard to know sometimes the intention behind the words. Anyways, no hard feelings, I accept that I'm a sinner. PS Everyone is welcome on this board.
Lounge Daddy Posted December 7, 2003 Posted December 7, 2003 Except Satan. Unless he's converting. :D :lol:
musturde Posted December 7, 2003 Posted December 7, 2003 If it turns out 2 be genuine would yall like to put our money together 4 it?
Lounge Daddy Posted December 7, 2003 Posted December 7, 2003 If it turns out 2 be genuine would yall like to put our money together 4 it? hehe ... sure. "if"... What do we do with it then? Donate?
musturde Posted December 7, 2003 Posted December 7, 2003 Well... we must give it to a church... if we find out later that it's not genuine then our only choice would be to...... sell it on ebay.
Aloysius Posted December 7, 2003 Posted December 7, 2003 give it to my Church. they need more ancient stuff. we only have one saint statue-St. Francis. B)
willguy Posted December 7, 2003 Author Posted December 7, 2003 If anyone is a member of eBay, they can send them a message about the first-class relics (which are prohibited on eBay because they are human remains). Go to http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/remains.html and click on "Report". You have to be a member to report, and you have to be 18 to be a member, so I can't do it myself. But PLEASE, if you can, report as many as possible. Selling first-class relics is prohibited by the church AND by eBay, so they should have to remove the items when reported.
Lounge Daddy Posted December 9, 2003 Posted December 9, 2003 Well... we must give it to a church... if we find out later that it's not genuine then our only choice would be to...... sell it on ebay. hehe :lol:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now