An Old School Catholic Message Board

Protestants and the Queen of heaven

Brother Adam

I convinced a Protestant friend of mine that Mary is the Queen of Heaven. It took me about 23 minutes. I'm not even sure he connected yet what he was hearing from me as we dug through the Bible with the fact that they are "Mariam Dogmas of the Catholic Church"

yeah. 'Mariam Dogma' and Solomons mom serving as queen mother and Jesus and Mary at Cana and roles we have in the kingdom of God in heaven all haven't quite come together as being about the same thing

photosynthesis

you make it sound like a sport or something...

ESPN presents... the SPEED APOLOGETICS CHAMPION Brother Adam, who convinced a Protestant in 23 minutes that MARY is the Queen of Heaven. "So, Brother Adam, how does that make you feel?"

Just use the name "Mary" and refer to her only in what she did in the Bible and then draw a whole lotta typological references to Queen Mothers in the kingdom of Israel in the Old Testament. As long as you don't say "Blessed Virgin" or "Mary Mother of God" they keep their defenses down and actually listen for a little while.

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Nov 7 2005, 07:17 PM']I convinced a Protestant friend of mine that Mary is the Queen of Heaven. It took me about 23 minutes. I'm not even sure he connected yet what he was hearing from me as we dug through the Bible with the fact that they are "Mariam Dogmas of the Catholic Church"
[right][snapback]781890[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Too cool.

:bow: <--- this is, of course, an honor, not a worship smiley. ;)

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Nov 7 2005, 08:36 PM']Just use the name "Mary" and refer to her only in what she did in the Bible and then draw a whole lotta typological references to Queen Mothers in the kingdom of Israel in the Old Testament. As long as you don't say "Blessed Virgin" or "Mary Mother of God" they keep their defenses down and actually listen for a little while.
[right][snapback]781910[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
haha, I remember I used to do that to YOU!!

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Nov 8 2005, 12:06 PM']haha, I remember I used to do that to YOU!!
[right][snapback]782574[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

lol Must have worked wonders, Al.

photosynthesis

hmm... perhaps Bro. Adam is becoming faster than his sensei! We should have a timed apologetics match between Al and Bro. Adam to settle this once and for all.

Wow! That's awesome! Usually it takes a while for people to wrap their brain around this...but rock on!

And yes.. I'd like to know what you said too... ^_^