An Old School Catholic Message Board

Protestants and the Queen of heaven

Brother Adam

lol I wouldn't call myself bro adam's sensai! (epsecially since there were probably a ton more better apologists responsible for helping him towards intelelctual conversion) :lol:... i just remember using those exact same arguments on him long ago.

these are helpful too:
[url="http://www.phatmass.com/directory/index.php/cat_id/15"]http://www.phatmass.com/directory/index.php/cat_id/15[/url]

[quote name='tomasio127' date='Nov 9 2005, 02:16 PM']Bro Adam = "Crowned Prince of Phatmass Converts"
My liege, I swear an oath of loyalty to you. God save the Prince!
[right][snapback]783539[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hear me giving out a shriek of appreciation!

At home, I've an incredible book called "The Autobiography of a hunted priest" by John Gerard, a Jesuit priest of the reformation era. It's a adventurous tale about how he disguises as a lay person but with great accuracy and clear arguments converts even the hardest of the heretics. One day I want to be like that.

Kodos,

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='tomasio127' date='Nov 9 2005, 01:46 AM']Bro Adam = "Crowned Prince of Phatmass Converts"
My liege, I swear an oath of loyalty to you. God save the Prince!
[right][snapback]783539[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Does that make me the crowned Princess?

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Nov 9 2005, 09:49 AM']Does that make me the crowned Princess?
[right][snapback]783706[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You are his wife, your highness.

[quote name='jezic' date='Nov 9 2005, 10:40 AM']did you convert from something else?
[right][snapback]783743[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Me? Yeah, Protestantism. Specifically, I was raised nonreligiously, became Pentecostal at 14, switched to nondenominational Evangelicalism at 18, and became Catholic at 21 (this year).

photosynthesis

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Nov 8 2005, 01:32 PM']lol I wouldn't call myself bro adam's sensai! (epsecially since there were probably a ton more better apologists responsible for helping him towards intelelctual conversion)  :lol:... i just remember using those exact same arguments on him long ago.
[right][snapback]782674[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
so you don't wear American flag pants and scream "BOW TO YOUR SENSEI"?

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='jezic' date='Nov 9 2005, 10:40 AM']did you convert from something else?
[right][snapback]783743[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes. I used to be more of a stout Baptist than Brother Adam was.

photosynthesis

a stout Baptist? was that from all of the tasty food at the church dinners?

i'm a rather stout Catholic myself, although we don't eat after Mass around here...

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Nov 7 2005, 06:36 PM']Just use the name "Mary" and refer to her only in what she did in the Bible and then draw a whole lotta typological references to Queen Mothers in the kingdom of Israel in the Old Testament. As long as you don't say "Blessed Virgin" or "Mary Mother of God" they keep their defenses down and actually listen for a little while.
[right][snapback]781910[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I don't get it.

[quote name='Melchizedek' date='Nov 10 2005, 04:47 PM']I don't get it.
[right][snapback]785008[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hi Ryan. Did dust 'un-ban' your other screenname? Are you permitted to post here?