An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Latin Mass and Children

MC Just

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Nov 11 2005, 10:58 AM']I think we're in the same Diocese. There are a lot of things I would like to see here, including Latin Mass, more religious orders, and more hardcore priests. I've been blessed with very good priests, one of whom is pretty hardcore, and at least tries to follow the rubrics of the Mass.

One good thing about it though, is that I've learned charity and obedience here. :)
[right][snapback]785714[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The other day I had a meeting with my Priest, thats when he told me these things, he also said that the diocese we are in has been very liberal every since he came here.

In fact he told me that the priests greeting us after mass like they do in the english mass, he says that is a protestant thing, and its not orthodox, so he doesnt do it, in fact none of the priests in this parish do it. He is a "hardcore" priest. haha Very obedient to the Holy Father and very strict.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='MC Just' date='Nov 12 2005, 05:47 PM'] In fact he told me that the priests greeting us after mass like they do in the english mass, he says that is a protestant thing, and its not orthodox, so he doesnt do it, [right][snapback]786631[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

How sad.

Edited by cmotherofpirl

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Nov 12 2005, 04:54 PM']How sad.
[right][snapback]786638[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

why sad? Because he doesnt want to do something thats not Catholic?

cmotherofpirl

To decide not to greet your parishoners AFTER Mass because protestants do it is a poor reason not to do something. When the Mass is OVER, there is nothing wrong with the priest standing and talking to his parishoners outside the Church. For some people that is the only time they get to see a priest up close and personal, and an excellent way for a priest to keep i touch witrh his people.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Nov 12 2005, 05:00 PM']To decide not to greet your parishoners AFTER Mass because protestants do it is a poor reason not to do something.  When the Mass is OVER, there is nothing wrong with the priest standing and talking to his parishoners outside the Church. For some people that is the only time they get to see a priest up close and personal, and an excellent way for a priest to keep i touch witrh his people.
[right][snapback]786641[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

well our church here (america) has become more of everything else and less catholic, some parishes dont even resemble catholic churches and many priest dont even represent the catholic faith, our Priest just doesnt want to be a part of that circle.

Edited by MC Just

The early Church ate an entire meal together as part of Mass

I think standing outside greeting parishioners passes for Catholicity.

Edited by Era Might

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='MC Just' date='Nov 12 2005, 06:02 PM']well our church here (america)  has become more of everything else and less catholic, some parishes dont even resemble catholic churches and many priest dont even represent the catholic faith, our Priest just doesnt want to be a part of that circle.
[right][snapback]786642[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You can still have a very catholic reverant church and greet your people after Mass. Its not a wholesale going over to a liberal dancing in the aisle church to incorporate a good idea when you see one.
You couldn't find a more reverant liturgically correct priest than I have, but he still warmly greets by name all his parsihoners in the vestible after Mass, as they leave the church.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Nov 12 2005, 05:08 PM']liberal dancing in the aisle church
[right][snapback]786648[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My goodness, why so many of you seem to have the idea thath Charismatics are liberal I will never understand. Actually expressing joyful worship to God is the last thing any liberals I know would ever want to do.

(Furthermore, I don't know Charismatic Catholics who dance in the aisle at Mass).

Btw, cmom, no offenses to you. I agree with the rest of what you're saying, and understand the remark I'm responding to was made rather offhand.

As you were.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='tomasio127' date='Nov 12 2005, 06:26 PM']AHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My goodness, why so many of you seem to have the idea thath Charismatics are liberal I will never understand. Actually expressing joyful worship to God is the last thing any liberals I know would ever want to do.

(Furthermore, I don't know Charismatic Catholics who dance in the aisle at Mass).

Btw, cmom, no offenses to you. I agree with the rest of what you're saying, and understand the remark I'm responding to was made rather offhand.

As you were.
[right][snapback]786654[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I never used the term charismatic in my posts, so why are you referring to them? I have seen liberal churches who have girls dancing in the aisle at the offeratory, and they are certainly violating church law.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Nov 12 2005, 05:30 PM']I never used the term charismatic in my posts, so why are you referring to them? I have seen liberal churches who have girls  dancing in the aisle at the offeratory, and they are certainly violating church law.
[right][snapback]786656[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sorry, someone else really offened me earlier today along these lines, so I'm very touchy at the moment. I didn't think you were trying to be offfensive though, as I tried to indicate earlier.

As for why I interpreted it as to reference Charismatics, well, they are somewhat like Pentecostals in some ways, and many Pentys dance in church, of course they don't have a liturgy, so it's an entirely different context, and isn't inappropriate in the same way....

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Nov 12 2005, 05:40 PM']I still like my comment.  :P:
[right][snapback]786661[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sure, but people got to leave sometime, and why shouldn't they be able to greet the priest when thath time comes?

Is there something wrong and sinful about not wanting to incorporate things into parishes that are not Catholic? Some people would just refer something that is entirely Catholic.

Me personally I just want what is Catholic, I dont like the holding hands during the our father, the greeting things, the priest walking around during his homily, These things arent Catholic, they are protestant, thefore i dont like them.

But some how were the bad guys.

[quote name='MC Just' date='Nov 12 2005, 06:09 PM']Is there something wrong and sinful about not wanting to incorporate things into parishes that are not Catholic? Some people would just refer something that is entirely Catholic.

Me personally I just want what is Catholic, I dont like the holding hands during the our father, the greeting things, the priest walking around during his homily, These things arent Catholic, they are protestant, thefore i dont like them.

But some how were the bad guys.
[right][snapback]786670[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm sure you don't mean it that way, but you sound awfully prejudiced. What matters is whether something is good and true, not where it comes from.