An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do you have kids in CCD or Catholic Schools?

thessalonian

This is regarding the USCCB program to increase awareness on sex abuse in the Catholic Church. I was given a tape with this sermon by a Minneapolis Priest named Fr. Robert Altier. If anyone listens to the Drew Mariani show he is on it I think on Thursdays and is an excellent orthodox Catholic priest. I've met him and have some amount of trust in what he says. I do plan on doing more research on this but it seems what he says about Ms. Kettlecamp, who was hired by the USSCB to set up a program to raise awareness of child sex abuse is true.

The text version:
[url="http://www.desertvoice.org/written/Alti103005.htm"]http://www.desertvoice.org/written/Alti103005.htm[/url]

This is what he says regarding the book to be used to teach kindnegartners.

In this particular book, which I will spare you the details, it began by having our five-year-old children, after looking at a line drawing of a bunch of nude people, turn the page and they have anatomically correct names for all of the genitalia and the children are to repeat these out loud three times. These are five-year-olds. I had to go back and call a friend of mine who is a nurse and say, “Can you tell me what this word means? I’ve never heard it before.” But our five-year-olds are supposed to be repeating it. They claim that this is not a sex-ed course, but rather they say, “This is a Safe Touch course.” In one of the books, after repeating all of the vulgar words as well other things, the children then are to draw pictures on a silhouette of various body parts, although it says, “Not the private ones.” They just repeat the words for the private parts, but they don’t have to draw those.

It his goes on in your parish or Archdiocese write your Bishop IMMEDIATELY.

Edited by thessalonian

homeschoolmom

This is why I teach CCD... but I don't think this would happen in our parish.

BTW, Fr. Altier is a priest in St. Paul. ;)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Nov 20 2005, 02:53 PM']This is why I teach CCD... but I don't think this would happen in our parish.

[right][snapback]795778[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:)

This whole thing is so tragic. Children need nurturing and care. There is so much more they need to learn and understand before they're ready for sex education. Of course, this is biological education, not sex education...sex education would include the themes of union and procreation...oh, and LOVE.

"Bob, I feel so guilty for all my sexual deviance."

"Oh Martha, you know how to fix that. Scandalize the children. If the most innocent of us are sexual deviants, then we'll be judged like them."

It's part of Satan's plan. Make the innocent look like the guilty and suddenly the guilty look like their innocent. Of course, that's only in appearance...the reality is that the guilty have stayed guilty...and dragged down the innocent with them.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Nov 20 2005, 01:53 PM']This is why I teach CCD... but I don't think this would happen in our parish.

[right][snapback]795778[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You are correct.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Nov 20 2005, 03:09 PM']This is so far out of the realm of what schools are supposed to be for... GRRRR....
[right][snapback]795793[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You mean schools aren't supposed to be Planned Parenthood-subsidized propaganda machines staffed entirely by child-hating feminazis? :huh: When did this happen?!

I'm either homeschooling my kids or personally reprimanding every one of their teachers who tries to spread this carp to them.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Nov 20 2005, 02:09 PM']This is so far out of the realm of what schools are supposed to be for... GRRRR....
[right][snapback]795793[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes. That is very much his point. Parents are the primary educators of children. ESPECIALLY in the area of sexuality. But because there is sex abuse in SOME homes, they have decided to put it in the hands of the schools. Where he makes the point that oddly enough there is much sex abuse as well. Makes alot of sense? :blink: :idontknow:

homeschoolmom

It's not even all this carp (though that IS a big issue)... Schools have been given too much to do. It's basically "please parent my child."

But that's off topic and well, you know how much I hate to hijack threads... :ninja:

[quote name='Raphael' date='Nov 20 2005, 02:12 PM']You mean schools aren't supposed to be Planned Parenthood-subsidized propaganda machines staffed entirely by child-hating feminazis? :huh: When did this happen?!

I'm either homeschooling my kids or personally reprimanding every one of their teachers who tries to spread this carp to them.
[right][snapback]795796[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm all for homeschooling but I do hope that some parents in the schools also raise h-e-double toothpicks as well. What is worse is we are making Catholic schools PPH subsidized propoganda machines. The fruits of this cannot be good.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Old_Joe' date='Nov 20 2005, 03:14 PM']since when has education become about spreading propaganda about "ideal" lifestyles and not about the search for the truth?
[right][snapback]795798[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
What search for truth? Why would they search for truth? They have all the answers, remember? They have the Teachers' Editions! :o They're unstoppable!

:lol:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Raphael' date='Nov 20 2005, 02:17 PM']What search for truth?  Why would they search for truth?  They have all the answers, remember?  They have the Teachers' Editions! :o  They're unstoppable!

:lol:
[right][snapback]795803[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I have the teacher's editions... ;)

I teach CCD and grew up going to a Catholic shcool, i for one dont remember leanring about body parts and anything relating to that subject. i didnt have to teach the students in the touch class as we call it. I was told that last yr the teacher had to teach the kids body parts and she for one wasnt wanting a first grader to know the different body parts by name!!!!! But this yr, thank god she didnt have to do that. i saw the lesson plans for both last yr and this yr, and OH GOD ITWAS SO MUCH BETTER than last!!!! it didnt go into that much detail!!!

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Nov 20 2005, 03:18 PM']I have the teacher's editions...  ;)
[right][snapback]795804[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol: I have a few myself.