An Old School Catholic Message Board

i'm always drunk, they say

Aloysius

I have a high tolerance, but its not supernatural. It came from years of hard core alcohol abuse. (I had some issues and was self medicating)

:)

Now I only occasionally imbibe.

PAX

The Great and Magnificent T-Bone

Edited by T-Bone

well, anyway, my test of whether I've gone too far consists of two things: would I be able to structure out a whole rosary at this point and/or pay attention to a mass if it were being said? and, is my rational mind currently capable of contemplating coherently the mysteries of the faith?

i seem to be able to do all that with my supernatural tolerance :cool:

Laudate_Dominum

I tend to have clear phases of inebriation. If I stand up and feel a bit light headed, I figure its time to lay off.

see I donno, to me (again: theoretical, lol) mere lightheadedness or something isn't the line. the line would be impairing your intellect or inhibitions too much... I don't think of the physical effects being real morally bad unless you're going to be driving, that's part of the fun (trying to maintain your composure is awesome, I actually think it helps me be more aware of keeping my composure during my most sober times!)

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Dec 4 2005, 06:51 AM']see I donno, to me (again: theoretical, lol) mere lightheadedness or something isn't the line.  the line would be impairing your intellect or inhibitions too much... I don't think of the physical effects being real morally bad unless you're going to be driving, that's part of the fun (trying to maintain your composure is awesome, I actually think it helps me be more aware of keeping my composure during my most sober times!)
[right][snapback]810425[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Oh I agree that lightheadedness is far from the line of drunkenness, but I just try to play it safe since in the past I've gotten a bit too tipsy on accident. ;)

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Dec 4 2005, 06:12 AM']"I love praying while drunk.  God really sits down with me and has a couple drinks Himself... teaches me how to be a good and holy drunk.... "[right][snapback]810396[/snapback][/right][/quote]

Funniest thing I've read all week.